Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #11
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,564 Times in 2,369 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: State of American Beer - Sales Volumes

deschutes is my fav brewery by far. everything i've tried from them is good

kona isn't bad either, though the only ones i really like from them are fire rock and big wave

so basically this article is saying craft brew popularity is on the rise. doesn't surprise me, it's usually a superior product if you're willing to pay a couple bucks more. i for one am willing to pay for better quality
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (04-18-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #12
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Some of my favorite craft brews:

Tröegs Nugget Nectar
Tröegs Javahead
Heavy Seas Black Cannon
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon
Spring House Brewing Big Gruesome Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout
Spring House Brewing Smoked Porter
South County Brewing Black Cowgirl
South County Brewing Windhand IPA
Founders Red's Rye PA
Founders Breakfast Stout
Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast Stout
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale
Shipyard Pumpkinhead
Full Sail LTD Pale Bock

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #13
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182

I don't know if beer snobs consider the Sam Adams Seasonals as craft brews, but they are pretty much all I drink. I do wish they had Octoberfest year-round, though.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #14
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
I don't know if beer snobs consider the Sam Adams Seasonals as craft brews, but they are pretty much all I drink. I do wish they had Octoberfest year-round, though.
It's borderline as to whether they could be considered craft brews considering their mass production and distribution, but I really like Sam Adams beers. If I go out to a restaurant and no other craft grew strikes my fancy, and they have a nice Sam Adams of any kind, I will usually order one. I have a few of their Irish Reds in my fridge right now.

I can't say I can remember not liking a Sams that I've tried other than their triple bock. Of course, it's been a long time since I had a triple bock and my tastes have evolved a bit so I may like it now if I tried one.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (04-18-2014), JonM229 (04-18-2014), NSMaster56 (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #15
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
It's borderline as to whether they could be considered craft brews considering their mass production and distribution, but I really like Sam Adams beers. If I go out to a restaurant and no other craft grew strikes my fancy, and they have a nice Sam Adams of any kind, I will usually order one. I have a few of their Irish Reds in my fridge right now.

I can't say I can remember not liking a Sams that I've tried other than their triple bock. Of course, it's been a long time since I had a triple bock and my tastes have evolved a bit so I may like it now if I tried one.
The odd thing is, I don't like regular Sam Adams... just the seasonals.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #16
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
The odd thing is, I don't like regular Sam Adams... just the seasonals.
Have you tried any of their other stuff like the Irish Red, Latitude 48 IPA, Cream Stout, Nobile Pils, Chocolate Bock, Scotch Ale, Honey Porter, or Double Bock? These are all ones I like.

I used to really like their Cranberry Lambic as well when it was in it's early limited stages of release. It seemed like when they decided to produce it in greater quantities that it became too sweet, but I still think it's OK. I just can't drink a lot of them now.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #17
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Have you tried any of their other stuff like the Irish Red, Latitude 48 IPA, Cream Stout, Nobile Pils, Chocolate Bock, Scotch Ale, Honey Porter, or Double Bock? These are all ones I like.

I used to really like their Cranberry Lambic as well when it was in it's early limited stages of release. It seemed like when they decided to produce it in greater quantities that it became too sweet, but I still think it's OK. I just can't drink a lot of them now.
I haven't... however the sampler pack that has a bunch of those in it does call my name every once in a while. I may have to respond to her sweet, sensual voice and pick up a 12 pack.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #18
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
I haven't... however the sampler pack that has a bunch of those in it does call my name every once in a while. I may have to respond to her sweet, sensual voice and pick up a 12 pack.
Definitely pick up some Chocolate Bock if you see it. It's great stuff.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,808 Times in 2,684 Posts

Quote:
Sam Adams appears to have a strategy of marketing some brews year round (Boston Lager, Light, a few IPAs), some seasonal beers each season (Octoberfest/Summer Ale), and some beers that only show up once in the seasonal 12 packs which have 2 bottles each of six beers. It is a way to keep us buying Sam Adams if we get tired of their flagship brews.

I drink Sam Adams regularly but some of the brews included in the recent seasonal 12 packs have not been great. But there certainly are alternatives - the number of craft beers available in grocery stores is stunning. Sweetwater is an Atlanta brewery that is starting to show up elsewhere in the South. I have developed a taste for their 420 and IPA brews.

I also have started to buy growlers.
Buddha Bus (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #20
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Sam Adams appears to have a strategy of marketing some brews year round (Boston Lager, Light, a few IPAs), some seasonal beers each season (Octoberfest/Summer Ale), and some beers that only show up once in the seasonal 12 packs which have 2 bottles each of six beers. It is a way to keep us buying Sam Adams if we get tired of their flagship brews.

I drink Sam Adams regularly but some of the brews included in the recent seasonal 12 packs have not been great. But there certainly are alternatives - the number of craft beers available in grocery stores is stunning. Sweetwater is an Atlanta brewery that is starting to show up elsewhere in the South. I have developed a taste for their 420 and IPA brews.

I also have started to buy growlers.
It's almost as if Sam Adams is a hybrid brewery that has a mass production domestic side and a craft brew micro-brewing side of the business. They have their normal year-round beers that are found in wide distribution and they also have seasonals, limited releases, barrel room collections, brewmasters collections, and small batch brews.

I think Sam Adams Brewing falls somewhere between a large domestic brewer and a craft brewery catering to both sides of the beer lover community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (04-18-2014), JonM229 (04-18-2014)