Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #11
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,447 Times in 3,109 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Non-Steeler games I look forward to in 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
Seahawks kill everyone at home.

Except for the Pats two years ago, every decent opponent loses by double-digits at the CLink.

Except for the surprise Bucs near-win, few teams make it a game there.

Also factoring in the time difference, it's smart to avoid scheduling prime time games at Seattle.
not always, that lost me a fantasy game last year. i started wilson and lynch and needed just a 'normal' game from either one, and both shit the bed. against the cardinals. still bitter about that, it was the 3rd place match too

but yeah that game was boring as shit to watch, i was like fuck someone score already
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,529 Times in 3,968 Posts

this is a great thread!

i still look forward to all the monday night games even though they are no longer the "cream of the crop" games of the week. as a football purist, i pretty much look forward to watching any game that is on tv.

its easier to say which games i dont look forward too-

Dallas- ive watched them every weekend for 30 years.

Patriots- sick of them. boring to watch. outcome seems predetermined, even when they are losing.

i look forward to an offensive shootout that will have barry sanders and bo jackson rush for almost 400 yards or warren moon and steve deberg passing for almost 1000.

i look forward to watching bears, green bay, cardinals, and denver play this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
If this is why, that's complete bullshit. If you're as dominant as they are on home field, you should be rewarded, not punished.
they are rewarded by having a homefield advantage.

they are rewarded by being televised in national primetime while they are AWAY from home.

i dont see how anyone thinks they are getting the shaft or feels sorry for them.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #13
NSMaster56
Living Legend

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 4,566 Times in 2,004 Posts

Alright... scheduled looked over *deep breath*...

*-denotes potential good matchup; dictated by how a team bounces back

WK TM1 @ TM2

1 NO @ ATL* (really interested to see how ATL does this year; this is a pace setter)
1 IND @ DEN
1 SD @ AZ (intriguing West Coast opener)

2 DET @ CAR (O meets D)
2 ATL @ CIN*
2 SEA @ SD (more a test for SD than SEA, but still)
2 KC @ DEN

3 GB @ DET
3 SF @ AZ

4 NE @ KC

5 BAL @ IND (BAL's first four are tough. They could be 2-2 or worse heading into this game)
5 AZ @ DEN*
5 KC @ SF (A real test for an AFC team with title aspirations as well as Smith's return to Frisco)
5 CIN @ NE

6 IND @ HOU* (providing a HOU bounce back, this could be a battle)
6 CAR @ CIN
6 SF @ STL (few, if any, teams play the Niners tougher than the Rams)

7 NO @ DET* (assuming DET plays more like the 2013 first half versions of themselves, this could be a great one)
7 CAR @ GB
7 CIN @ IND
7 SEA @ STL
7 KC @ SD
7 SF @ DEN

8 SD @ DEN
8 DET @ ATL*
8 SEA @ CAR
8 BAL @ CIN (only three of the Ravens' first nine games are against teams w/ -.500 records last year and the third is vs. a Falcons team that was 13-3 in 2012... they need [to win] games like this)
8 GB @ NO

9 NO @ CAR
9 STL @ SF
9 DEN @ NE

11 SEA @ KC (quite a test for SEA; Arrowhead's noise rivals the CLink)
11 CIN @ NO
11 DET @ AZ*
11 NE @ IND

12 CIN @ HOU* (If the Texans return to form, even to the tune of 8-8/9-7 ish then this game is a whole lot tougher than it looks)
12 AZ @ SEA
12 BAL @ NO

13 CHI @ DET* (both teams are second-half faders and will need this W to get/stay in a playoff race)
13 SEA @ SF
13 SD @ BAL
13 NE @ GB
13 DEN @ KC

14 CAR @ NO
14 KC @ AZ* (assuming AZ's D remains tough and their O competent, this is a test for KC)
14 NE @ SD
14 ATL @ GB*

15 HOU @ IND*
15 DEN @ SD
15 SF @ SEA

16 DET @ CHI*
16 BAL @ HOU* (BAL may need the win and if the Texans are in the thick of it... this will be a battle)
16 ATL @ NO* (assuming an ATL return to form, this will be a doozy)
16 SEA @ AZ
16 DEN @ CIN

17 DET @ GB*
17 SD @ KC
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:31 PM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Right, but they're taking them out of primetime games because they're blowouts? How about scheduling better teams to play the Seahawks at home?
Unlike the old days when the schedule was random, it is drawn up based on where you finished the year before and which AFC and NFC division you play on a rotating basis. We have known whom the Steelers were playing at home and away since January

The 2008 Steelers played a murderous schedule but that was a function of having won the division the year before (which brought the Chargers, Pats and Colts on the schedule) as well as playing the big ratings teams in the NFC East together with the two Ravens bloodbaths. The Steelers played 5 night games and 7 national doubleheader games that year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Pi...teelers_season

And prime time alone does not pay the bills. CBS and Fox are paying for those Sunday afternoon games - CBS is getting Denver at Seattle in week three. Fox is getting Dallas at Seattle in week six together with the 49ers at Seattle in week fifteen. After that there are not a lot of prime time worthy matchups in Seattle unless you think the Cardinals (who have no national following) are a rising team.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule...attle-seahawks

So about the only really attractive matchup you might move is sending Denver-Seattle to CBS Thursday night - but that screws up how many appearances a team can make on Thursday night.

Peter King walks through all the moving parts involved in this article on making the schedule

Before I tell you about the schedule that won the beauty contest, let me tell you about the schedule that finished in second place. If that one had won, the Seattle Seahawks would have been steamed.

The runner-up schedule had two major Seattle glitches that NFL hates to hand teams: a three-game road trip, and a road game after a Monday night road game. And they would have happened in the same three-game stretch. In mid-season, Seattle would have played at St. Louis on a Sunday, at Washington on a Monday night, and at Kansas City on a Sunday.

Anyplace east of Spokane is far from Seattle, obviously. But this schedule would have been a killer. First a 1,787-mile flight to St. Louis, and back after the game. Then a 2,311-mile flight to Baltimore-Washington Airport, and back after the game. Then a 1,407-mile flight to Kansas City, and back after the game. That’s 11,010 air miles in 15 days

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/24/making...-nfl-schedule/

Last edited by Atlanta Dan; 04-25-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (04-25-2014)
Old 04-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,529 Times in 3,968 Posts

I think it was Bruce Arians who just had his team stay out on the east coast during a multi-game road trip last year.

I believe the Patriots have done that as well in the past traveling to the west coast.