Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,417 Times in 1,653 Posts
Default Illinois Gov Quinn Campaign Wonders: Black Republicans Like Jewish Nazis

Obviously, your campaign staff wants to make sure that you don’t have to wait up all night for the results.

Quote:
Illinois Gov Quinn Campaign Wonders: Black Republicans Like Jewish Nazis?

Illinois Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn is in some hot water with the Jewish community after his campaign tweeted—and then quietly deleted—several messages urging backers to read an article comparing black Republican voters to Jews who collaborated with the Nazis.

Chicago Sun Times readers were stunned last week to find that writer Neil Steinberg has penned a column comparing black supporters of Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner to Jews who collaborated with the Nazis against their brethren.

“As a general rule, individuals will sell out the interests of their groups in return for personal benefit,” Steinberg wrote in his column, which claimed that Rauner is buying off the black community and its leaders. “It isn’t just a black thing. Jews collaborated with the Nazis during World War II, helping them to round up their own people in the hopes they’d be the last to go.”

Quinn’s camp praised the piece and tweeted it out to supporters several times. The tweets were deleted after local Jewish community officials quietly communicated their outrage to the governor.

“If Rauner is willing to throw his own money away like this, what’s he going to do when he gets his hands on ours?” read one now-deleted tweet from Quinn’s campaign account.

The campaign also retweeted—and then deleted—a missive from Steinberg promoting his piece.

Both tweets were captured by the website Politwoops, which archives political tweets for posterity.

Some in the Chicago Jewish community say that they were outraged by Quinn’s support of the Nazi rhetoric, which was disseminated over Passover, the holiday marking the ancient Jewish people’s release from slavery.

“Coming during Passover just a few days after the [anti-Semitic] shootings in Kansas, this kind of rhetoric was beyond outrageous,” said one local Jewish community insider. “Community leaders immediately contacted the governor’s office and urged retraction.”

Sources say that the heads of several major Jewish organizations personally registered their outrage with Quinn.

Even those in the Chicago political world say they were stunned by the Quinn campaign’s endorsement of the piece.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Democratic official embrace racist rhetoric and Holocaust imagery like Pat Quinn did here,” said one Chicago political strategist. “It’s possible this was a campaign staff mistake—but the buck stops with the governor and he better start vetting every tweet personally going forward.”

“It’s beyond unbecoming of a governor to insinuate that any black person who disagrees with him is a race traitor,” said RNC communications director for black media Orlando Watson. “The only traitor here is Quinn, who, after winning support from black voters in 2010, has failed to create real job opportunities for those who need it most and continues to block children from access to quality schools. There’s a reason why black voters in Illinois are dropping Quinn and supporting Rauner: It’s Governor Quinn’s abysmal record in the black community.”

Steinberg’s column focused mainly on what he claimed was Republican Rauner’s attempts to court African American community leader Hermene Hartman, who is a well-known publisher.

Steinberg went on to compare Hartman’s relationship with Rauner with those Jews who complied with the Nazis during World War II.

“There is the larger issue here, of Rauner buying not just Hartman but a community,” Steinberg wrote. “Lots of ministers with roofs to repair. I’d like to hear from any black Illinoisan—who’s not in Rauner’s direct employ — who thinks that arrogant rich guy is the man to run the state.”

The Quinn campaign has not officially publicly apologized for promoting the piece or acknowledged deleting its tweets.

The Quinn campaign could not immediately comment because everyone was “in a meeting,” according to a staffer answering phones at Quinn’s campaign office.
http://freebeacon.com/issues/quinn-c...-jewish-nazis/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
JonM229
Team Owner

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 5,808 Times in 2,119 Posts
My Mood: Goofy
Default Re: Illinois Gov Quinn Campaign Wonders: Black Republicans Like Jewish Nazis

Looks like I'm not voting for governor this year

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,523 Times in 691 Posts
Default Re: Illinois Gov Quinn Campaign Wonders: Black Republicans Like Jewish Nazis

You mean to tell me he didn't mention Dathan and Pharaoh ?

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:01 PM   #4
CanSteel7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 25607

It's going to be very interesting when the next presidential election happens. There's going to be a lot of very scared and desperate democrats out there because of this huge blunder with obamacare.
CanSteel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,795 Times in 2,678 Posts

So much for the Dems claiming the moral high ground on racist remarks after Bundy mouthed off - how ignorant can you get

Quinn needs to accentuate his accomplishments as Illinois governor - like not being indicted yet

Of Illinois' last seven governors, four have ended up going to prison. They are:

—Rod Blagojevich — Governor from 2002 through 2009, when he became the first Illinois governor in history to be impeached. Convicted of numerous corruption charges in 2011, including allegations that he tried to sell or trade President Barack Obama's old Senate seat.

— George Ryan — Governor from 1999 through 2003. After leaving office, was convicted of racketeering for actions as governor and secretary of state. In November 2007, began serving a 6 1/2 year sentence in federal prison.

— Dan Walker — Governor from 1973-1977. Pleaded guilty to bank fraud and other charges in 1987 related to his business activities after leaving office. Spent about a year and a half in federal prison.

— Otto Kerner — Governor from 1961-1968. Resigned to become judge, then was convicted of bribery related to his tenure as governor. Sentenced to three years in prison.

http://news.yahoo.com/4-illinois-las...001500522.html
Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 AM   #6
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,100 Times in 2,114 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanSteel7 View Post
It's going to be very interesting when the next presidential election happens. There's going to be a lot of very scared and desperate democrats out there because of this huge blunder with obamacare.
Huge blunder for whom? By the time the election comes along the GOP better have a better idea that just saying "repeal obamacare" making tens of millions lose coverage.

You have coverage up there. Did you know it takes fewer people to administer Canada's health care system than it does to administer BC/BC of MA?

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Bane (04-25-2014), fer522 (04-25-2014), SteelerEmpire (04-25-2014), SteelerJT (04-25-2014)
Old 04-25-2014, 08:15 AM   #7
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
So much for the Dems claiming the moral high ground on racist remarks after Bundy mouthed off - how ignorant can you get

[/url]
Individual stupidity doesn't affect a party's claim to the moral high ground. Bundy only taints those who still champion him as a hero. The Republicans who condemned him did so appropriately. They couldn't know the guy was a kook. Same for the Dems and Quinn. I haven't heard anyone side with those statements.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Bane (04-25-2014), SteelerEmpire (04-25-2014)
Old 04-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,795 Times in 2,678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Individual stupidity doesn't affect a party's claim to the moral high ground. Bundy only taints those who still champion him as a hero. The Republicans who condemned him did so appropriately. They couldn't know the guy was a kook. Same for the Dems and Quinn. I haven't heard anyone side with those statements.
Bundy was pretty clearly a kook before he made his statements about Negroes - that is why Stewart went after Hannity before those comments were made

And the Dems with some justification have claimed actions by GOP legislatures to restrict voting rights under the guise of fighting "voter fraud" are racially motivated

If the Dems are going to run those arguments they should expect return fire if their own campaigns (Quinn is running as a Democrat) circulate explicitly racist bullshit and then try to pull it back when they realize they f***ed up
Old 04-25-2014, 09:31 AM   #9
CanSteel7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 25607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Huge blunder for whom? By the time the election comes along the GOP better have a better idea that just saying "repeal obamacare" making tens of millions lose coverage.

You have coverage up there. Did you know it takes fewer people to administer Canada's health care system than it does to administer BC/BC of MA?
What huge blunder? I guess there were no issues with the roll out of the program to begin with? You would say that was a success? Hey, I know you guys have a HUGE issue with healthcare and I'm not sure it will ever be solved unless people put their egos aside and try to get something done, but then we are talking about politicians. Ten's of millions? The Obama administration is not even sure how many people have signed on for their plan as of yet. They say 7 million or so have signed on but they don't report how many people have actually paid for their plan because they know that the people they wanted to target for their plan are not getting the insurance. That's the last that I've heard at least. People in the U.S. are losing their current plans because of Obama's lie, "if you like your plan you can keep it". How is any of this not a blunder?
CanSteel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #10
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanSteel7 View Post
What huge blunder? I guess there were no issues with the roll out of the program to begin with? You would say that was a success? Hey, I know you guys have a HUGE issue with healthcare and I'm not sure it will ever be solved unless people put their egos aside and try to get something done, but then we are talking about politicians. Ten's of millions? The Obama administration is not even sure how many people have signed on for their plan as of yet. They say 7 million or so have signed on but they don't report how many people have actually paid for their plan because they know that the people they wanted to target for their plan are not getting the insurance. That's the last that I've heard at least. People in the U.S. are losing their current plans because of Obama's lie, "if you like your plan you can keep it". How is any of this not a blunder?
Obamacare is more than the sign-ups, it's also people with pre-existing condition being able to get insurance, kids in the home for additional years, the expansion of Medicaid etc. It applies to employer based policies, individual policies in place before the website and everyone who signed up with it. It cannot be repealed. It could be replaced with a new plan. Have you seen a GOP plan? Of course not.