Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 09-07-2006, 10:42 PM   #1
PhinPhan1227
Water Boy

Member Number: 2956
Default Losing to the Superbowl Champs.

Ouch. That's what happens when you push it. Miami pretty much collapsed after that.

Other than the second Int and the posession which followed it, Miami played a good game, Pitt just played a better one. No shame in losing to the Champs, but I'm disturbed by Miami's losing it's temper. Steelers D was everything it was advertised to be. You guys have speed to spare. Miami however showed that more than half the starters are new to the team. They looked rough around the edges, where the Steelers were much more polished.

All in all, I would like to see a rematch in the Playoffs. I think we would give you a better four quarters.
PhinPhan1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:47 PM   #2
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: Losing to the Superbowl Champs.

Nothing wrong with the way the Dolphins played tonight... our Dee is tough as they come and Parker looked pretty good running the rock tonight. Miami will have a good year just give them time to gel..Good luck the rest of the year...GO STEELERS!!!!!
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:54 PM   #3
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

I'd like to see a matchup later also when our team has a chance to also be better...GO STEELERS.... like the sig says:
Old 09-07-2006, 10:57 PM   #4
ngreene15
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 595

I was very impressed with the protection Daunte got .... The Dolphins just need some time and they will be a very good team later this year.

I'm on my way, I can feel my ring comin, it's the blood of a champion, pumpin, deep inside my veins, too much pride to be runnin I'ma get what I can and more, even if my blood, my sweat, and my tears don't mean nothin, it's the heart of a champion
ngreene15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #5
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Looks like the fins are moving in the right direction. Good luck with the div., maybe we'll se yuns in the playoffs!
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:40 PM   #6
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775

Hey the bright side is Culpeppers rating is just a hair under 50 for the game.
Looked a little like where he left of last year 2 picks, no touchdowns..
Rest of the team looked good except for the two times ZACH got run over by Parker.
Good luck the rest of the year! First win against Miami, last win in Miami.....
Old 09-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #7
Jimmy James
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2386

It's nice to see a Dolphins fan I know well has come here and been so classy about the loss. Due to the conduct of the officials, there is a lot of crap being talked at FinHeaven.com right now. I don't think it really reflects the way Dolphins fans feel -- it's just about venting.

I decided not to come around before the game this week because a hypothetical win versus your team without Big Ben just didn't seem like much to crow about. Talking smack and then crowing about it would have seemed like kicking you while your leader was down from surgery, and that just wouldn't have been cool.

I do think it proper that I write this since I came around earlier in the summer talking about this game. I want to congratulate your team on very good play for the first game back and the victory. You certainly earned the victory fair and square, quite apart from the bad calls (for and against both teams) by the officials. Good luck in your season (though not against those Bengals I like to cheer for due to fantasy football connections), and I hope to meet you folks in the playoffs.
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #8
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

There really isn't anything to cry about. Tell your stupid coach be quicker with his challenges. I know the Fin Fans around here are being cool. But your right the crap that is being said on Fin Heaven is just that crap. Its really sad. I could cry about Ike Taylor not making that play in the endzone or Batch's fumble. But I'm not. I mean if the Steelers make those two plays. The game isn't even as close as 28-17.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:11 AM   #9
Jimmy James
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2386

I have a feeling if your defense were in week 4 form instead of week 1 form, Culpepper would have had 4 picks and not 2. Of course, Culpepper might look a lot better than he did in a month as well.

As far as FH goes, I'll understand if any of you feel the need to go swing away at the folks doing their venting. Do try to keep it within the site rules, though. The site is run by a classy group of folks even if some of the members don't necessarily reflect that. It's the moderators and admins who have to clean up any mess.
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:12 AM   #10
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I'm sorry, but I have to say it...why is it that every time we win, SOMEBODY complains about the officiating? I mean for crying out loud, Batch gets hit while he was sliding...no call. Clear pass interference against Wilson in the first half...no call. But do you see us bitching about it? Hell no! Even the people in the bar I watched the game in didn't whine and cry about either call. I'm just sick of hearing about this time and time again!

(Not singling you out, Jimmy James - I'm just venting)