Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-07-2006, 11:55 PM   #21
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: Most impressive thing about our 1st win..

willie parker suprised me the most, he finally did something against a pretty good defense...... batch pissed me off for the most part, just being passive, he could've hit wilson on that one sack, he could've hit holmes but pumped fake for no reason and then threw it behind him, then the fumble...his stats look nice but i was not happy with him at all.......the defense was good in the clutch for the most part, ike was letting chambers get to much down the stretch.....they need to stop overpersuing though, that was pissing me off
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:57 PM   #22
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Deleted.

Last edited by X-Terminator; 09-08-2006 at 12:06 AM.
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:58 PM   #23
TP43
Water Boy

Member Number: 2372

I have to agree with nice. We came together when it mattered most and got the job done. Our game. Our house. But Batch blew me away tonight. I honestly didn't know he had those capabilities. I was just lookin for him to manage the game and not screw up, as usual.
TP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:59 PM   #24
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
willie parker suprised me the most, he finally did something against a pretty good defense...... batch pissed me off for the most part, just being passive, he could've hit wilson on that one sack, he could've hit holmes but pumped fake for no reason and then threw it behind him, then the fumble...his stats look nice but i was not happy with him at all.......the defense was good in the clutch for the most part, ike was letting chambers get to much down the stretch.....they need to stop overpersuing though, that was pissing me off
Koop, do you need a hug bro? Man you shouldn't be pissed at all man. This was the first game. Plus when you factor in the starters didn't play hardly at all in the pre-season. So you have to factor in the starters getting into the full swing of the NFL game. To come out and to put the smack down on a pretty good team is very nice...not to mention without our starting QB.

This game wasn't even as close as 28-17. With Ike Taylor not controlling that INT in the endzone and Batch's fumble at the goal line made this game closer then it should have been. But we won so be happy and enjoy it.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #25
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Koop, do you need a hug bro? Man you shouldn't be pissed at all man. This was the first game. Plus when you factor in the starters didn't play hardly at all in the pre-season. So you have to factor in the starters getting into the full swing of the NFL game. To come out and to put the smack down on a pretty good team is very nice...not to mention without our starting QB.

This game wasn't even as close as 28-17. With Ike Taylor not controlling that INT in the endzone and Batch's fumble at the goal line made this game closer then it should have been. But we won so be happy and enjoy it.

i just don't want to sound satisfied, you got to look for the negatives to get better, and since everyone just wants to focus on the good i thought i'd bring out what we need to work on.....so no hug needed lol
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #26
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Most impressive in my book.....

Willie Parker showing he's capable of going the distance and looking better and stronger late in the game.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:08 AM   #27
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
i just don't want to sound satisfied, you got to look for the negatives to get better, and since everyone just wants to focus on the good i thought i'd bring out what we need to work on.....so no hug needed lol
I was just kidding with you about the hug. Its just you remind me of my brother. He is always pointing out the negatives. Not saying your wrong about that. Your right we can always improve. I just like to enjoy the win and then reflect on the improvement we can make. But you do make some good points. Anways later bro and always enjoy chatting with you bro.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:31 AM   #28
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
1. Would have to be DB Ike Taylor shuttin' down Chambers for most of the game...
2. Willie Parker showing alot of patience tonight that I have never seen him have before..
3. and finally... Charlie Batch 15-25 over 200 yards and 3 TD's are you kiddin' me? AWESOME BABY!!!!!

1.CB makin his name known as 1 of the best back up QB's in the league.
2. Fast willie parker making his mark with the NFL as the work horse for this team.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:32 AM   #29
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Charlie, Ike, Porter, Polamalu, Willie....YEAH BABY!!!!!!!! These guys made me proud today
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:47 AM   #30
Jimmy James
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu43 View Post
1.CB makin his name known as 1 of the best back up QB's in the league.
I'd slow down on that one. He did a good job of limiting his mistakes and managing the game, but there are a lot of very good backups in this league who have done it for more than one game in the last who knows how many years.

Off the top of my head, I'd cite:

1) Garrard
2) Schaub
3) Frerotte
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote