Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-08-2006, 04:11 AM   #1
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305
Default one STAT knowing is talking about....

One stat that should be pointed out lost in the way of Batches performance, Porters ALL PRO night and Willie's 100 yard game is the one stat that might be the most important one of the game.

I dont know if many people noticed or not, but we only had one penalty for the whole game ... JUST ONE ... and that was on a kick return. ( Harrison's holding on a very good return by Colclough ) No false starts, no off sides, no holding in the secondary, no giving them free plays and allowing them to contuinue drives. I think that is pretty impressive for the players and coaches given that is the first game of year and given that the starters hadnt played alot in the pre season...

Just thought i would point that out
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:46 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: one STAT knowing is talking about....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter07 View Post
One stat that should be pointed out lost in the way of Batches performance, Porters ALL PRO night and Willie's 100 yard game is the one stat that might be the most important one of the game.

I dont know if many people noticed or not, but we only had one penalty for the whole game ... JUST ONE ... and that was on a kick return. ( Harrison's holding on a very good return by Colclough ) No false starts, no off sides, no holding in the secondary, no giving them free plays and allowing them to contuinue drives. I think that is pretty impressive for the players and coaches given that is the first game of year and given that the starters hadnt played alot in the pre season...

A very good point which I also noticed. Take out the Harrison penalty and the Steelers played a mistake-free game which is yet another positive in their victory last night. Cowher is big on limiting mistakes and the boys came through last night!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:54 AM   #3
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Yeah.. the Steelers and Cowher are known not to have too many mistakes and when they happen is when we usually dont do good. The Dolphins had a few plays that should have been called that wasnt .... the 1 pass interference that wasnt called and on the Running TD Chambers was holding Ike Taylor and how anyone couldnt see that is bogus... the ref or whatever was standing right there looking at the whole thing and didnt throw a flag... what a joke...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:00 AM   #4
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Outstanding observation....

We played a very clean game....Silverback's holding call...LOL....THAT was holding...and it should have been called..because it definitely sprung that return....
Old 09-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #5
WV-SteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2870

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
...on the Running TD Chambers was holding Ike Taylor and how anyone couldnt see that is bogus...

I thought maybe I was the only one who saw that...
Old 09-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #6
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter07 View Post

You are so right. That's interesting because normally during the first week of play you would assume their would just be a ton on penalties on both sides of the ball.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:15 AM   #7
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I didn't notice that until now, but you're right! Mistake-free football is winning football, and it makes it even more difficult to beat a team as talented as the Steelers. I'm sure Cowher was very pleased with that stat, because we all know how much he hates lazy penalties!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #8
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Re: Harrison's hold. My take was that the hold was also the block that sprung the guy; if Harrison hadn't held, Colclough wouldn't have had that long return.

It doesn't usually happen that way, but Colclough would have been down at the 30, except for the hold.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote