Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #21
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399
My Mood: Worried
Default Re: WRs could be a strength for Steelers

Obviously, an area of what will it become?
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #22
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
Well I guess what you consider best in the division, one who is facing a year long suspension with the best numbers (Gordon) and has been proven to do it wrong or one who's numbers have only increased since his rookie year and does it right (Brown)! I'll take Brown all week long and twice on Sundays (if we could clone him ).
My guess is he was talking about AJ Green, who to this point has been better than Brown.
I'd put Brown near the bottom of the top 10, but top 5 I doubt it. He had a top 5 year last year, but he'll need to do it again for that kind of consideration.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:55 AM   #23
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,889 Times in 6,114 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Lance Moore Has Clutchness Sanders Lacked

The Pittsburgh Steelers allowed unrestricted free agent wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders to run off to the Denver Broncos uncontested during the offseason and in all likelihood he won’t be missed one bit.

While Sanders is regarded by many as being an above average route runner that managed to catch 67 passes in 2013, it’s his lack of clutchness that likely resulted in him not being offered a long-term deal from the Steelers.

So let’s define that lack of clutchness.

During his time in Pittsburgh, Sanders only caught 55.6% of the passes thrown his way on third downs. As a means of comparison, Antonio Brown has caught 66.9% of all third down passes thrown his way during that same span. Even Heath Miller (66.7%) and Jerricho Cotchery (60.4%) easily out-shined Sanders on third downs during that same span of time.

To make matters even worse, Sanders only caught 51.8% of the passes thrown his way on all downs with the Steelers trailing on the scoreboard in the fourth quarter of games. While he certainly had his warts during his time in Pittsburgh, even former Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace managed to catch 65.2% of the balls thrown his way in the fourth quarter while behind.

Being as Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has a career completion percentage of 61.7% when behind in the fourth quarter, it’s not hard to find where the weak link in the chain has been.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/07...+Depot+Blog%29
Old 07-13-2014, 12:38 AM   #24
Daddymac10
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 25201

Its gonna hurt if Emmanuel Sanders light it up in Denver. Rather than having two smurfs as our starting wide-outs, I'm hoping someone tall like Bey or Bryant win the second WR spot...
Daddymac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:55 PM   #25
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,889 Times in 6,114 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Don't sleep on Steelers WR Justin Brown

July, 31, 2014
Scott Brown | ESPN.com

LATROBE, Pa. – Justin Brown wanted to see how one of the best wide receivers in the NFL trains, so he spent a couple of weeks in between the end of offseason practices and the start of training camp working out with Pittsburgh Steelers teammate Antonio Brown.

To hear Antonio Brown tell it, he worked over the wide receiver with the same surname.

“He fell asleep a couple of days [after working out],” Brown said. “Ask him about it.”

Antonio Brown's offseason workouts are strenuous, as teammate Justin Brown can attest.

Justin Brown said Antonio Brown might have embellished a little bit.

“It was pretty hard, but I didn’t pass out,” Justin Brown said. “Everyone involved in those workouts was at some point laying on their back.”

What is no exaggeration is how maniacal Antonio Brown is about training, which is one reason why the two-time Pro Bowl receiver has ascended to the top of his profession after watching 194 players get drafted ahead of him in 2010.

Included in their daily regimen were sled pushes, sprints, pass-catching drills, running ladders while wearing weighted vests and lifting weights.

The training that preceded the Steelers’ arrival at camp is another reason why it would not be wise to sleep on Justin Brown.

A 2013 sixth-round pick, he shined during the offseason practices and he has seemingly caught everything thrown his way at camp. Brown, who spent all of last season on the practice squad, would add some size to a smallish group of wide receivers, and the 6-3, 209-pound former Oklahoma Sooners receiver has impressed the leader of the position with his approach.

“I think he’s really motivated and hungry about getting an opportunity to play,” Antonio Brown said.

Justin Brown is much more confident this year after feeling his way through training camp last year, similar to trying to find a light switch in a dark room.

“Just knowing more has allowed me to play faster,” Brown said. “It still comes down to going out and making plays and that’s what I’ve got to do.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-s...r-justin-brown