Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 09-08-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default IMO Madden was really good last night!

He started out with the usual garbage, platitudes, cliches...

But then it got good, like he got into it all of a sudden. His illustration of Miami's defense (with Jason Taylor lining up all over the place) and the "two bubbles" was really enlightening, plus his analysis of how the Steelers would have to make adjustments if they wanted to move the ball was spot on. Later he made the point about how backs like Parker have to stay patient, that they have to keep at it and eventually will start breaking runs. It was almost prescient; two or three plays later Porter started popping off decent gains. And the crew didn't let the "challenge controversy" just be a controversy; they went and got a clarification that Saban could have run out onto the field if he wanted to, that he was at fault for the refs not seeing the flag.

There was more, but all in all This was a good network broadcast. There was too much pimping of the Mannings, but that's to be expected, what with Sunday's game coming up. I personally don't think Peyton is all that revered outside of Indiana, and Eli isn't really revered at all, but who knows, the rest of the world might love those guys.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: IMO Madden was really good last night!

The bar where XT and I watched the game was pretty noisy, so I didn't get to hear Madden that much. Hey - the Steelers may actually make a believer out of him yet - LOL!

I grew weary of all of the Manning commercials and tush-kissing over and over again. I wouldn't even have minded if they showcased one of the Fins, but the Manning love fest was a bit insulting during a Pittsburgh-Miami game. I would have much preferred seeing clips of Peytoon's deer in the headlights look in the playoff game last season and Farrior, Porter & Co. making a turf pizza out of him.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,740 Times in 3,670 Posts

and madden saying something like "this is the part of the field where the steelers like to look for hines ward in the (back of the?) endzone".

2 plays later, td hines ward.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
The bar where XT and I watched the game was pretty noisy, so I didn't get to hear Madden that much. Hey - the Steelers may actually make a believer out of him yet - LOL!
Where'd you two see the game, Gal?
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIIOwheelz View Post
Where'd you two see the game, Gal?
We went to a place called "Neal's" on Buttermilk Hollow Road in West Mifflin, right past the County Airport. It's a nice sized restaurant with a really comfortable bar and reasonable prices and there are free half-time eats every game! Last night it was rigatoni and garlic bread - for the Super Bowl, he had quite a spread! Nice people and a very enjoyable place to watch the games.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 09-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #6
Tim
Starter

Member Number: 661

Yeah Madden might have been okay, for once, but ugh... Collinsworth. God I hate that guy. Did anyone else get the sense that Al Michaels was ready to call security to get him out of the booth?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:31 AM   #7
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

And that blonde woman's interview of Batch and Porter was way beyond what I expected. First, she gave credit to Porter for allowing Batch to go first, and then she asked good open ended questions that got good responses; Batch describing why the team called the play they did, and Porter the same, along with the personal analysis that "those kinds of situations don't happen very often, so when they do you have to make the play. And that's what I did."

Really good stuff, again well beyond what I expected.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #8
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
We went to a place called "Neal's" on Buttermilk Hollow Road in West Mifflin, right past the County Airport. It's a nice sized restaurant with a really comfortable bar and reasonable prices and there are free half-time eats every game! Last night it was rigatoni and garlic bread - for the Super Bowl, he had quite a spread! Nice people and a very enjoyable place to watch the games.
Wow, that sounds great! My wife & I went out to Smoky Joe's BBQ out at Robinson Town Center with some people from her work. I would have preferred to stay home, but she really wanted to go. I get a little uptight during Steeler football games. :) I just don't like to miss anything, and that can get in the way of things like conversations. lol
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:44 AM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIIOwheelz View Post
Wow, that sounds great! My wife & I went out to Smoky Joe's BBQ out at Robinson Town Center with some people from her work. I would have preferred to stay home, but she really wanted to go. I get a little uptight during Steeler football games. :) I just don't like to miss anything, and that can get in the way of things like conversations. lol
Sounds like you had a great time, too! Up at Neal's, we are all pretty much used to each other from last season and when the language starts flying at a pretty good clip, all it takes is "the look" and they stop it....for a little while anyway - LOL! They all pretty much know up there not to talk to me or even look at me until there is a commercial and at halftime.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 09-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Mosco!!!!
Dont be sucked into the dark side!!!! Its all part of their master plan. They have spent all summer force feeding a semblence of a personality into Madden ..with the hopes of making us all believe that he is capable of rational thought. In two weeks we will be back to him talking about hard-hitting subjects like heated socks and "Turducken" ...ending each sentence with a muttering tirade of wheezes and grunts!
The more you listen to him the easier it is for him and his ilk (Chris Collingsworth) to plant a seed into your mind and make you into one of their bubbling buffoon pod people.....until finally they have drained all credible football knowledge out of you. Come back to the light my friend..I am reaching a hand out to save ya!!!!!!!!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote