Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,694 Times in 5,242 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Johnny Manziel not on Steelers' radar

Johnny Manziel not on Steelers' radar

June, 27, 2014
By Scott Brown | ESPN.com

PITTSBURGH -- As polarizing a figure as Johnny Manziel is, he can probably get Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers fans to agree on one thing.

The majority of fans on both sides would love to see him start Sept. 7 when the Browns visit Heinz Field for the regular-season opener between the bitter rivals.

Steelers season-ticket holders would pay double to see the quarterback who reached celebrity status before throwing his first NFL pass receive a baptism/comeuppance from Dick LeBeau’s defense.

Browns fans might be just as eager to see Manziel in Pittsburgh, though obviously for a different reason.

The Browns have gone through quarterbacks at an alarming rate since the NFL returned to Cleveland in 1999. They desperately need someone to stop the cycle, and Browns fans might want to see if Manziel can conjure up the magic that made him a legend at Texas A&M right from the start -- even if the circumstances for his NFL debut in Pittsburgh could be a recipe for disaster.

Manziel, speaking to Browns reporters at the NFL Rookie Symposium, said his goal is to start this season. But the former Heisman Trophy winner conceded that he is still well behind Brian Hoyer, who will enter training camp as the No. 1 quarterback.

I asked a handful of Steelers defensive starters before the end of offseason practices whether they would like to see Manziel under center for the season opener, and I didn’t get much more than a collective shrug of the shoulders.

“It don’t matter,” veteran cornerback Ike Taylor said. “We’re trying to win ballgames. It doesn’t matter who is at quarterback.”

Mike Mitchell agreed.

“To be honest I just want someone that’s going to throw me a pick,” the Steelers free safety said. “I don’t really care who it is. I want the quarterback that’s the most confident, the most prepared, so when I take it from him, no excuses. That’s what I want every week.”

Defensive end Cameron Heyward played his college ball at Ohio State, so he can understand, even if only to some degree, the scrutiny Manziel is already under in the Buckeye state.

“It’s tough. Everybody’s looking for him to mess up,” Heyward said. “He’s a great player. I wish him the best.”

So, would Heyward like to get the first crack at Johnny Football, so to speak?

“Whoever’s in there I’m going to have fun either way,” Heyward said with a smile.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-s...espnapi_public
Old 06-28-2014, 11:09 PM   #2
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,065 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: Johnny Manziel not on Steelers' radar

Lebeau eats rookie QB's for breakfast.
harrison'samonster (06-29-2014), IowaSteeler927 (08-19-2014), Lady Steel (06-29-2014), steelfury02 (07-29-2014)
Old 06-29-2014, 03:30 AM   #3
Gnutella
Head Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 2,229 Times in 803 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Joker View Post
Lebeau eats rookie QB's for breakfast.
He also gets made a fool of by dual-threat QBs. We'll see which tendency is greater.
Gnutella is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gnutella For This Useful Post:
casteeler (06-29-2014)
Old 06-29-2014, 04:34 AM   #4
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,622 Times in 2,524 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Mike Mitchell agreed.

“To be honest I just want someone that’s going to throw me a pick,” the Steelers free safety said. “I don’t really care who it is.
That's the spirit!
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
AgentGold007 (06-29-2014), Bane (06-29-2014), Buddha Bus (07-02-2014), fer522 (06-29-2014), harrison'samonster (06-29-2014), Hawaii 5-0 (06-29-2014), NJarhead (07-02-2014), pczach (06-29-2014), SteelerEmpire (06-29-2014), SteelerJT (06-29-2014), The_Joker (06-29-2014)
Old 06-29-2014, 04:48 AM   #5
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 9,067 Times in 3,547 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
He also gets made a fool of by dual-threat QBs. We'll see which tendency is greater.
Johnny Football also stays on the ground for a while when college players hit him. Let's see if he gets up after NFL players crush him..............He may not.
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (06-29-2014), Hawaii 5-0 (06-29-2014), IowaSteeler927 (08-19-2014), Lady Steel (06-29-2014), SteelerJT (06-29-2014), The_Joker (06-29-2014)
Old 06-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
Bane
Head Coach

Member Number: 24775
Thanked 3,266 Times in 1,316 Posts

Shazier's going to crush Manziel in the first series that Manziel is on the field, and will cement himself into the hearts of Steelers fans across the globe.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #7
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,065 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Shazier's going to crush Manziel in the first series that Manziel is on the field, and will cement himself into the hearts of Steelers fans across the globe.
"When you have lost and Cleveland is in anguish, then you have my permission cry."
pczach (06-29-2014)
Old 06-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #8
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 2,128 Times in 956 Posts

His team just reprimanded him for basically doing too much partying. This Steelers defense will "knock him back sober". BUZZZ KILL EM""""

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelerEmpire For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (06-29-2014)
Old 07-02-2014, 01:15 AM   #9
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...152700540.html

Cops called to party with Justin Bieber, Johnny Manziel and Floyd Mayweather
By Frank Schwab
14 hours ago
Shutdown Corner

"I want to wake up with a week and not have my name going through something." - Johnny Manziel, June 27, 2014 ... yep, just last Friday

How would you go about keeping your name out of the spotlight for your off-field activities? How about this plan: Go to Justin Bieber's house for a party that also includes Floyd Mayweather and other celebrities, and have the cops come out twice to Bieb's crib on noise complaints.

Very stealth there, Johnny Football.

A few days after Manziel complained that his Browns teammates were sick of answering questions about his partying, and he was too, the rookie quarterback won a game of social media bingo by getting Bieber Fever and hanging out with the pop star and Mayweather in Beverly Hills.

Bieber put a couple pictures on his Shots.com account.

TMZ said the party, also attended by recording artists Tyrese and Tyga and Bieber's maybe girlfriend Chantel Jeffries (Selena Gomez is furious, y'all), got so loud the Beverly Hills Police Department was called in twice early Tuesday morning. TMZ said the first time the cops came was because the music was too loud, the second time was because "packs of young girls" were screaming outside of Bieber's condo for him.

Ridiculous enough for you yet?

Look, if Johnny got the Bieber Fever and wanted to hang out with the pop star, cool. Good for him. But it's just not going to fly to play the "I can't go anywhere without people taking pictures!" card and then a few days later go party with Justin freaking Bieber, which is basically like giving TMZ a personal invitation to document your night out.

I still don't really care what Manziel does with his own time, but by this point he knows the consequences. If you go out and party at Bieber's place in Beverly Hills, there is about a zero percent chance that you're not going to draw a ton of attention for it. If that's what you want, that's fine. But don't act surprised when it happens.
Hawaii 5-0 (07-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2014, 04:33 AM   #10
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,152 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
And then I envision Manziel, upon seeing #50 on the 2nd series, doubling back but hitting the brick wall that is the new #91.... SPLAT!
Bane (07-02-2014)