Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2014, 02:20 AM   #11
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 10,843
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 11,568
Thanked 14,651 Times in 6,006 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Pete Prisco Believes Steelers Lacked Great Receivers Last Season

pete prisco #goatfucker

__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hawaii 5-0 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (07-03-2014), FrancoLambert (07-03-2014), harrison'samonster (07-03-2014), pczach (07-03-2014), teegre (07-03-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 05:01 AM   #12
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: Pete Prisco Believes Steelers Lacked Great Receivers Last Season



Pete Prisco on field assignment

#PetePriscoSwallowsHorseJizz
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (07-03-2014), Hawaii 5-0 (07-03-2014), teegre (07-03-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #13
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,243
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,137
Thanked 25,533 Times in 10,357 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Pete Prisco Believes Steelers Lacked Great Receivers Last Season

Knock, knock
Who's there?
Horse.
Horse who?
Ow... help!!!... let me in... I'm being taped by Pete Prisco!!!
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (07-04-2014), harrison'samonster (07-03-2014), Hawaii 5-0 (07-03-2014), vrabinec (07-03-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #14
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 369
Member Number: 17949
Thanks: 4
Thanked 257 Times in 92 Posts
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Pete Prisco Believes Steelers Lacked Great Receivers Last Season

I don't know. Your receivers looked awesome against us lol.
GBpack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GBpack2010 For This Useful Post:
Bane (07-03-2014), SteelerJT (07-03-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #15
vrabinec
Head Coach
 
vrabinec's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,561
Member Number: 8821
Thanks: 360
Thanked 1,410 Times in 727 Posts
My Mood: Buzzed
Default Re: Pete Prisco Believes Steelers Lacked Great Receivers Last Season

Other than AB, the receivers were pedestrian. Everyone's all excited about Sanders going to Denver, well, guess what, he's not even running with the first team when they go to three wides. They're running the rookie Latimer there. (A lot of fantasy dopes are gonna be real disappointed with him) That's what he is' a 4th receiver for a team with decent receivers, and a slot reveiver for teams who don't already have a Welker type. Cotch will get a lot of looks in Carolina, but that's because they don't have any receivers besides the rookie Benjamin.

If he stays healthy, Moore will be a far better slot receiver than Sanders would've been, and the winner of the Wheaton, Brown, Bryant competition will be a better option than Cotch. And whoever wins the 4th receiver spot this year, wins the competition against last years 4th unopposed since we didn't have one.

Yeah, this year's crew could he special if they stay healthy.

p.s. Anyone else hoping Brown or Bryant beats out Wheaton? I'd really like to have a bigger receiver on the field, just for short yardage and jump ball situations.
vrabinec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vrabinec For This Useful Post:
pancake (07-04-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #16
Bane
Head Coach
 
Bane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,983
Member Number: 24775
Thanks: 2,717
Thanked 3,442 Times in 1,388 Posts
Default Re: Pete Prisco Believes Steelers Lacked Great Receivers Last Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabinec View Post
Other than AB, the receivers were pedestrian.
It's funny you say that.

Having moved to different states and countries throughout my childhood, I noticed something, especially here in D.C.: the fans always seem to treat their practice squad like they're players that should be starting on Madden. I once overheard a guy at 7-11 a few years ago talking about how awesome the Redskins' 3rd string quarterback is, and about how he could play that year. Hell, I've seen the way we, as fans, valued Moye raise question among fans of other teams.

Yesterday, a dude called in to the NFL channel on Sirius, and was going on and on about how he's a Redskins fan who loves Mike Tomlin, but doesn't get how they get rid of all their best receivers every year, specifically naming Wallace and Cotchery. One of the hosts then brought up Emmanuel Sanders.

I almost screamed at my radio, "YEAH, FUCK ANTONIO BROWN, RIGHT?!" Cotchery was the only legitimate complaint, I thought, since he was arguably one of the top 3 or so slot guys in the league last year.

This coupled with the fans voting Brown as overrated blows me away. How one of the smallest #1 receivers in the game can place in the top 5 in every statistical category and still be "overrated" as the receiver who is apparently not even as good as an inconsistent, brain-deficient one-year-so-far-wonder is well beyond me.
__________________
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bane For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (07-04-2014), SteelerJT (07-03-2014), teegre (07-03-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #17
Bane
Head Coach
 
Bane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,983
Member Number: 24775
Thanks: 2,717
Thanked 3,442 Times in 1,388 Posts
Default Re: Pete Prisco Believes Steelers Lacked Great Receivers Last Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
I don't know. Your receivers looked awesome against us lol.
I don't know who that says more about, the Steelers WR corps or your secondary.
__________________
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #18
vrabinec
Head Coach
 
vrabinec's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,561
Member Number: 8821
Thanks: 360
Thanked 1,410 Times in 727 Posts
My Mood: Buzzed
Default Re: Pete Prisco Believes Steelers Lacked Great Receivers Last Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
It's funny you say that.

Having moved to different states and countries throughout my childhood, I noticed something, especially here in D.C.: the fans always seem to treat their practice squad like they're players that should be starting on Madden. I once overheard a guy at 7-11 a few years ago talking about how awesome the Redskins' 3rd string quarterback is, and about how he could play that year. Hell, I've seen the way we, as fans, valued Moye raise question among fans of other teams.

Yesterday, a dude called in to the NFL channel on Sirius, and was going on and on about how he's a Redskins fan who loves Mike Tomlin, but doesn't get how they get rid of all their best receivers every year, specifically naming Wallace and Cotchery. One of the hosts then brought up Emmanuel Sanders.

I almost screamed at my radio, "YEAH, FUCK ANTONIO BROWN, RIGHT?!" Cotchery was the only legitimate complaint, I thought, since he was arguably one of the top 3 or so slot guys in the league last year.

This coupled with the fans voting Brown as overrated blows me away. How one of the smallest #1 receivers in the game can place in the top 5 in every statistical category and still be "overrated" as the receiver who is apparently not even as good as an inconsistent, brain-deficient one-year-so-far-wonder is well beyond me.
I'm in the DC area, too. Been here a while. I remember the fans going nuts about Heath Shuler and Gus Frerotte, and how they thought (when they didn't know better yet) that they had the two best QB's in the NFL on the same team. Do you listen to the Sports Reporters? At least Czabe slaps down anyone who says crap like that. Now it's Cousins, and how they think they could trade him for a #1. Yeah, sure.
vrabinec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vrabinec For This Useful Post:
Bane (07-03-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #19
Bane
Head Coach
 
Bane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,983
Member Number: 24775
Thanks: 2,717
Thanked 3,442 Times in 1,388 Posts
Default Re: Pete Prisco Believes Steelers Lacked Great Receivers Last Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabinec View Post
I'm in the DC area, too. Been here a while. I remember the fans going nuts about Heath Shuler and Gus Frerotte, and how they thought (when they didn't know better yet) that they had the two best QB's in the NFL on the same team. Do you listen to the Sports Reporters? At least Czabe slaps down anyone who says crap like that. Now it's Cousins, and how they think they could trade him for a #1. Yeah, sure.
I generally listen to 106.7, which is a lot of Chad Dukes trying to drive the show forward and have a constructive discussion, while LaVar interjects to tell people how he's gonna kick everyone's asses, how great he was, and fence-ride on just about every major topic.

Or the Junkies. Who only have one Redskins fan, but they all seem pretty practical about the team. Neither show tends to put up with the, "OMFG OUR 5TH WR IS GETTING US TO THE SUPER BOWELS!" talk though, which is nice.
__________________
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #20
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,626
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 512
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: Pete Prisco Believes Steelers Lacked Great Receivers Last Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Prisco must have done something right for once, this horse is either in love or he fucked this horse so good, he put it to sleep!!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Goldsteel86 For This Useful Post:
Bane (07-03-2014)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts