Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-22-2014, 02:59 AM   #151
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040
Default Re: Mike Adams: Is he fighting to make the team?

If it comes down to Adams and Whimper, I suppose it's going to be Adams.

Such a disappointing second round pick. Oh wait, can't say that here.

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:11 AM   #152
MontaniSemperLiberi
Banned

Member Number: 24812

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
LOL at all this progress rubbish. So he used his hands and feet right for once. WOW! Big fucking deal. It's almost like people feel the need to point out the things he does right...loudly....you know, the natural things he should HONE by now, as a type of miraculous breakthrough in his game. I'll continue to say what I've said before. Mike Adams is developing slowly. He did not get better nor did he get worse and that's not good enough to unseat Beachum.

Even when Adams got the start a season ago and played in some games, he showed some good things, especially in the run game. That was already known. But from a full body of work, he's not shown enough. For a dude I had high expectations for to come in and challenge Beach, there's been none of it.

Anyway, I've said all I needed to say. This is an irrelevant thread until shown otherwise. Adams isn't on the bubble; he's basically the 1st backup to two important positions and he won't be getting the nod with the starters anytime soon barring a catastrophic collapse or injury. Just irrelevant shit going down in this thread. Here's to progress.
Speaking of full body of work: there's only one preseason game left and Adams has already taken more snaps, made fewer mistakes, and given up fewer sacks than Beachum. He's bound to have a better PFF rating than Beachum, he's more physically imposing, and is demonstrating proper technique and footwork. How many more games is it going to take to move beyond the bad first impression of Adam's first four games?

Last edited by MontaniSemperLiberi; 08-22-2014 at 06:32 AM.
MontaniSemperLiberi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:31 AM   #153
MontaniSemperLiberi
Banned

Member Number: 24812

Quote:
Huh? That's nonsense. If this wasn't a significant topic, I'd never have even wasted my damn time. Adams was one of those players I wanted to see fucking KILL it in camp and ride that into the preseason and work his way into the starting lineup.

It's a significant topic judging by how thin we are and our lines inability to stay healthy over the years. At this point in time, the argument is irrelevant. There's nothing else to discuss. No changes are going to come from now until the opener. I expect "progress" from every player so I'm not going to act like every time Mike Adams steps with the right foot in practice that it's some kind of breakthrough to the situation. It isn't. Going into the 4th preseason game, we're pretty much set with our starters and want stability throughout the line.

I'm all for Mike Adams getting better. That's not my concern and never said he can't get better. All that matters IS coaching and practice and according to them, once Cleveland rolls into town, it's Beachum/Foster/Pouncey/DeCastro and GIlbert. Knock on wood, but if anybody goes down, lets just hope Adams would be ready.
Some kids are good campers (avoid making mistakes)... camp and preseason are where you iron out those problems, but Adams never really got that opportunity last year so the the trial by fire (of those first four games) was his camp last year. He's made those mistakes, learned from it, worked on his craft, and is a better player for it. This preseason is the first (for him) in which he's been sincerely evaluated for a starting position during a significant amount of playing time in a realistic training scenario. Beachum is the starter, but the arrow's pointing up for Adams... it's only a matter of time.
MontaniSemperLiberi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #154
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,649 Times in 4,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
If it comes down to Adams and Whimper, I suppose it's going to be Adams.

Such a disappointing second round pick. Oh wait, can't say that here.
you can say whatever you want.

infact, it would be ABSOLUTELY hilarious if you repeated the wrongness that you spewed on the 1st page of this thread.

i know... i know... it sucks being wrong and then having it pointed out and proven that you are wrong, because then you have to pretend that you are not allowed to voice your incorrect opinions. its tough work.

carry on.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #155
tony hipchest

Quote:
Anyway, I've said all I needed to say. This is an irrelevant thread until shown otherwise. ...

Just irrelevant shit going down in this thread. Here's to progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
Anyways, after 150 posts it is never too late to tap out of a thread you supposedly found so insignificant in the first place.

:
Quote:
Huh? That's nonsense. If this wasn't a significant topic, I'd never have even wasted my damn time. .
contradict much?

nice rant tho.

now that mike adams is showing progress you say it doesnt matter if he is showing progress, but since that is a contradiction, you (falsely) claim he is getting neither better or worse. cool!
Old 08-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #156
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,734 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
contradict much?

nice rant tho.

now that mike adams is showing progress you say it doesnt matter if he is showing progress, but since that is a contradiction, you (falsely) claim he is getting neither better or worse. cool!
Listen, I understand your hard-on to continue and go into circles about your boy-toy Mike Adams and your misunderstanding and comprehension of the two different terms of insignificant and irrelevant but I've been consistent in my postings and stuck to my point. You're missing the connection I'm trying to make.

I've said, pages ago, that it's disappointing to see Mike Adams basically stay the same. If he showed any types of progress, he would have pushed hard and put the pressure on Beachum. He didn't. That's disappointing. Now, that's not to say the kid can get better and compete. The coaching staff clearly lists him as the next man up but no matter how you want to spin it, the dude, at this point in time, is an underachiever when it comes to expectations. He simply should have been in the thick of things when it came to the starting lineup.

Everybody and their mother can talk about potential all damn day. Fact is, he failed to unseat Beachum when everybody wanted to see him do so, myself included.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #157
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontaniSemperLiberi View Post
Speaking of full body of work: there's only one preseason game left and Adams has already taken more snaps, made fewer mistakes, and given up fewer sacks than Beachum. He's bound to have a better PFF rating than Beachum, he's more physically imposing, and is demonstrating proper technique and footwork. How many more games is it going to take to move beyond the bad first impression of Adam's first four games?
It's Beachum's to lose at this point. If Beachum has a monumental collapse for the ages during the regular season, that's the time for Mike Adams to show he's moved beyond that bad first impression of his first 4 starts. It's just the reality of Beachum seizing the opportunity last season, being apart of the turnaround and becoming a favorite within the coaching staff. Right now, they clearly trust in Beachum than Adams to get the job done. If Beachum plays up to par, Adams continues to ride the bench and/or comes into goalline, extra-tight formations. We'll see how it unfolds.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #158
tony hipchest

Quote:
...your misunderstanding and comprehension of the two different terms of insignificant and irrelevant but I've been consistent in my postings and stuck to my point..
splitting hairs?

=semantics.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:06 PM   #159
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

= THIS THREAD
tony hipchest (08-29-2014)
Old 09-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #160
Confounding Factor
Team Captain

Member Number: 25099
My Mood: Worried

Barring any injuries on the OLine, will Adams be benched all season?