Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #101
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Re: Steelers-NYGiants: Your winners, losers, thoughts...

If they allowed longer training camps, with contact, then perhaps the QBs wouldn't be so rusty.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #102
SteelerJT
Team Owner

Member Number: 25777
Thanked 4,371 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphon View Post
True enough but ugh….I still think they should have drafted a more sure thing. Or just stick with Moye as a big target. Dude gets open in the Redzone and that is all we really need him for.
So Bryant doesn't get a pass for his first preseason game ever, but Moye gets a pass for dropping a TD when it counts?

Got it.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #103
Cyphon
Head Coach

Member Number: 24613
Thanked 1,279 Times in 680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerJT View Post
So Bryant doesn't get a pass for his first preseason game ever, but Moye gets a pass for dropping a TD when it counts?

Got it.
I said he deserves more time. Got it?

And while Moye dropped 1 he still caught 2. Point is, we had a Redzone threat already on the roster. So why did we need such a risky project anyway?

AND if we are getting a project, why not in a later round?
Cyphon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #104
SteelerJT
Team Owner

Quote:
I said he deserves more time. Got it?

And while Moye dropped 1 he still caught 2. Point is, we had a Redzone threat already on the roster. So why did we need such a risky project anyway?

AND if we are getting a project, why not in a later round?
No he doesn't. If he did, he'd get it. He's just not very good. That's the long and short of it. He's lack build and speed as well.

The 4th is a later round. Even if he becomes a marginal player, that's a good pick for that round.
CNEW (08-13-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #105
Cyphon
Head Coach

Quote:
No he doesn't. If he did, he'd get it. He's just not very good. That's the long and short of it. He's lack build and speed as well.

The 4th is a later round. Even if he becomes a marginal player, that's a good pick for that round.
Wait, I am confused by your first part. You are saying Bryant doesn't deserve more time? My guess is you are talking Moye but I was talking Bryant for that part. Just want to be sure though.

And that isn't really what I am getting at. It seems to me the main focus for Bryant is rz help. We already have that in Moye and Moye is young and has time to get better as well. Beyond that, Moye had results. A preseason TD and I believe he had our first regular season TD as well. And as you mentioned, he dropped another TD.

Tomlin always talks about results and we have a guy who was giving them to us already in a very limited role. So why doesn't Moye deserve more time?

I rambled a little. Point is, I think we already have in Moye (essentially) what our best hope for Bryant is. A solid rz threat.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #106
SteelerJT
Team Owner

Quote:
Wait, I am confused by your first part. You are saying Bryant doesn't deserve more time? My guess is you are talking Moye but I was talking Bryant for that part. Just want to be sure though.

And that isn't really what I am getting at. It seems to me the main focus for Bryant is rz help. We already have that in Moye and Moye is young and has time to get better as well. Beyond that, Moye had results. A preseason TD and I believe he had our first regular season TD as well. And as you mentioned, he dropped another TD.

Tomlin always talks about results and we have a guy who was giving them to us already in a very limited role. So why doesn't Moye deserve more time?
My bad. I was confused with your post.

When has Moye ever been described as "Unstoppable in one-on-ones in the Redzone" during practice? The ceiling just isn't there for Moye.

He's gotten plenty of time to fight for reps in practice. With Wheaton down, Moye would have gotten time last year if they thought he could handle it.

Moye just isn't very good. And he likely won't make the 53.

AB-Wheaton-Moore-Brown-Bryant

They have to keep six. And I highly doubt it.
harrison'samonster (08-11-2014), pczach (08-13-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #107
Cyphon
Head Coach

Quote:
When has Moye ever been described as "Unstoppable in one-on-ones in the Redzone" during practice? The ceiling just isn't there for Moye.
When has anyone on our team ever been described as that? My point is, Moye had results. Who cares about ceiling and hype? He was open in the redzone when given the chance. What more do we need from a number 5?

I am not saying he is great or anything but he serves a purpose we desperately need.

Quote:
Moye just isn't very good.
Neither is Bryant. But at least Moye has given us positive results. That is not to say Bryant won't though.

Quote:
AB-Wheaton-Moore-Brown-Bryant

They have to keep six. And I highly doubt it.
You are probably right about who will make it, but I think it is a mistake. However, I am willing to admit I am not there to see everything the coaches see. But I can't be blamed for basing my opinions on game results either.

No matter what happens I just hope for the best for either of them.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #108
SteelerJT
Team Owner

Quote:
When has anyone on our team ever been described as that? My point is, Moye had results. Who cares about ceiling and hype? He was open in the redzone when given the chance. What more do we need from a number 5?

I am not saying he is great or anything but he serves a purpose we desperately need.

Neither is Bryant. But at least Moye has given us positive results. That is not to say Bryant won't though.

You are probably right about who will make it, but I think it is a mistake. However, I am willing to admit I am not there to see everything the coaches see. But I can't be blamed for basing my opinions on game results either.

No matter what happens I just hope for the best for either of them.
I'll find the tweet when I get home, but that was sent out by Alex Korza I believe, or another reporter, earlier in camp. Ben has also had good things to say about him.

The point is Moye has a ceiling of a 5. Bryant can push to start against Brown. Moye will never do that. That's why you draft Bryant. He's not limited to the Redzone, he has deep threat and starter potential.

The point is moot anyway, since as long as Heath is around he will be the go to Redzone man. And Brown has been on fire and will get looks behind Moore (or above) before anyway else. They have been grooming someone in house, just not the guy everyone wanted.

I didn't mean for you to take offense. This is more of a reaction against the unbounding love Moye has around here than anything you specifically said.
Cyphon (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #109
Cyphon
Head Coach

Quote:
I'll find the tweet when I get home, but that was sent out by Alex Korza I believe, or another reporter, earlier in camp. Ben has also had good things to say about him.
I was actually just thinking something about this. I would like to know the 5 Ben would choose if it were all up to him.

Quote:
The point is Moye has a ceiling of a 5. Bryant can push to start against Brown. Moye will never do that. That's why you draft Bryant. He's not limited to the Redzone, he has deep threat and starter potential.
Moye already beat out Brown last year so the potential is there. And while Bryant has a higher ceiling he also has a lower floor so to speak. And Moye isn't specifically limited to the rz either, I am just pointing out that he is productive there.

In fact Bryant and Moye seem to have similar problems. Inconsistent hands at times and not the greatest route runners. However, Moye seems like the harder working professional who is more likely to succeed and has already given some evidence. And another interesting note: Moye outperformed Brown for 3 years at Penn State and in the preseason last year.

I guess either way the point is moot. Bryant deserves more time and he is likely to make it over Moye in any case. I can't see them dumping a 4th rounder regardless of poor play or not.

Quote:
I didn't mean for you to take offense. This is more of a reaction against the unbounding love Moye has around here than anything you specifically said.
No offense taken. I didn't really sense any ill intent in your post and in any case I don't mind a little fire in the discussions.

And I think if anything Moye is a bit underrated around here. That isn't to say he deserves a bunch of love but he is definitely overlooked as the tall threat we have been looking for.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #110
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,924 Times in 8,697 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I'll also be the first one and admit that Adams didn't have as bad a game as some are saying. He didn't look great (or even average) but he wasn't the worst player on the field.

Goat of the game: Martavis Bryant. He looked like a rookie in his first preseason game. Shocker, right?
ADAMS: Exactly. He's not horrible, but I just wish he'd improve more quickly. You can see the potential... and then... he plays pattycake.

BRYANT: I don't think that anyone's advocating the he gets cut, but let's call a spade a spade: he had a bad game.
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
SteelerJT (08-11-2014), SteelersCanada (08-11-2014)