Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #11
CNEW
Starter

Member Number: 25021
Default Re: Wexell: UPS AND DOWNS OF PRESEASON OPENER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
I couldnt believe Tomlin punted there. As soon as the 3rd down play was over, I was all, YES, we got enough yards to justify going for it on 4th. And all of a sudden, the punting team comes out, and I was like, what the fuck?

Its still those small little things that keep happening. Little decisions that just show an inferior way of coaching and decision making.
It's my biggest pet peeve with him. Go for the damn first down.

Punting is far and away the most overused play in all of football.
CNEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #12
White_Steel_Wolfe
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24314
My Mood: Cheeky

So much cringe in this post.

The first team defense looked great. That long touchdown down the middle was a fluke and mainly caused by a terrible hold. Big deal.

The offense- well. What did you expect? Had Ben stayed in we would of scored more points. Jones didn't play too bad but don't expect many wins if Ben gets hurt- that's just life.

Steelers, OU, OKC Thunder, Penguins, LA Kings, Spain
Prediction; 6-10
White_Steel_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #13
SteelerJT
Team Owner

Member Number: 25777
Thanked 4,175 Times in 1,967 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
that one lineman had timmons in a freakin rear naked choke, if that's not holding i dont know what is

with that said will allen needs to make that tackle, you can't count on the refs to catch everything that goes on during a play.

with the exception of that play though, our defense looks solid. I was impressed with shamarko thomas as well, that guy is a missile. how are his coverage skills? he looked like one of the better tacklers in the secondary. loved that play where he shot through the line and dropped the running back on a swing pass for like -4 yards. that's the type of plays i havent seen our safeties make other than troy
The problem with Allen is that he's the only experienced FS behind Mitchell. I think the fantastic play of Shark does show that the coaching staff knows what it's doing by keeping him at SS. Now it's not very likely that Allen gets picked up by another team, but this is him in football shape. Imagine if we do need to call on him in November and he's coming off his couch. But guys gotta get snaps at some point, so maybe they roll the dice with Golden and Dangerfield.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #14
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Adams even though i like the guy needs to work on his functional strength, it just seemed he was always being over powered and he's to big for that....he wasn't a turnstyle but he was constantly getting pushed back on pass plays, like he has trouble anchoring himself.
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:13 PM   #15
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Why is this such a big deal, we all know Timmons was blatantly held, he would have stopped the run, then add to the fact that Mitchell has had 2? practices and the most important, Troy will make that tackle in a real game instead of Allen wiffing. The rest of the time, our 1st def stuffed the Giants. I say it was a good showing really. Our 2nd and 3rd stringers got beat up by the Giants starters, but that is normal. Our offense didnt spudder, we moved right down the field with just a vanilla offense the one series they played the starters, OL protected Ben, we ran the ball well and we saw what Archer is going to bring. We know what AB will bring, Wheaton had some nice catches and JB will be a nice RZ threat. I was happy with our first preseason game!
there is holding on almost every single play, yes we do it to so that is no excuse.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,136 Times in 3,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
Adams even though i like the guy needs to work on his functional strength, it just seemed he was always being over powered and he's to big for that....he wasn't a turnstyle but he was constantly getting pushed back on pass plays, like he has trouble anchoring himself.
now this is very fair critisizm.

i do like that he stayed after plays, played to the whistle, and with a bit of nastiness and edginess.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #17
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
now this is very fair critisizm.

i do like that he stayed after plays, played to the whistle, and with a bit of nastiness and edginess.
Somebody gave him a shove after the play and Adams raised his hands as if to say "whats your problem man?". I would have rather seen him go Willie Colon and swing at the dude. That is nastiness that I think is missing.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #18
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,451 Times in 2,741 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Somebody gave him a shove after the play and Adams raised his hands as if to say "whats your problem man?". I would have rather seen him go Willie Colon and swing at the dude. That is nastiness that I think is missing.
As long as he doesn't go Chris Kemoeatu on people and get flagged for 15 yards at least once a game
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
fer522 (08-11-2014), SteelerJT (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #19
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Member Number: 19049

Poole was a pleasant surprise. Is there room for him on this roster?
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #20
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,917 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
As long as he doesn't go Chris Kemoeatu on people and get flagged for 15 yards at least once a game
true - but, I sort of get the hands being thrown up thing - Adams is the last guy that should be pulling out the "Gee Golly Whiz - how come guys?"

I'm just hoping Adams is not losing confidence by the hour. The guy's demeanor makes me wonder if he truly gets the sense of urgency or if he just has a hard time being tenacious - I got the same thing from Starks from time to time, but, his body of work was undeniable over time - Adams has some ground to make up.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote