Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-10-2006, 07:05 PM   #1
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217
Default Early Jax scouting report

Thoughts after watching the Jaguars 24-17 win over Dallas....

We wont be running between the tackles on these guys...Willie will have to get to the corners....theres NO running room in the middle...NONE

Their DB's can be had....but we have to protect Ben/Charlie..if we do..our QB could have a big night....

I found their offense average at best...Leftwich is a statue...and their WR's are average at best..i saw no TE to speak of...we will stuff the run (as always)...and then tee of on Lefty...

They will be fired up on Monday night at home...but we have a score to settle....

Thoughts??

Old 09-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305
Default Re: Early Jax scouting report

First it was Miami.. now Jax... two good defenses that we have to try to run on.. I too think Jax is a better team against the run and fast. Leftwhich is sometimes really good and sometimes really bad ... obvisouly we will need to get pressure on him.. They do have a couple decent backs in Toefield and Taylor.. is an important game, jax could be a playoff team and a win against them and an AFC opponent would be big. Will not be any easy game and should be a great one for yelling and screaming at the tv screen for 3 hours !!!
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

If Pittsburgh plays there game, they should win. JAX is a tough team but no Maddox this time to throw away the game.

Last edited by Petesburgh66; 09-10-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
Steelknife
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2923

It took them OT to beat us with a backup QB and without Hines.

We will win. Oh yeah, they lost their starting DT(I think it was their DT) for the season.

Steelers 24
Jaguars 13

Ben will be back. They don't want to throw him into the fire vs the Bengals in a huge game. Ben doesn't play well in his first game back. 11 days til the next game...he'll play.
Steelknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I have to agree with midnightwriter.. the Jags Dee is very stingy up front and if Anyone thinks this is gonna be a easy game just because Ben is back.. then you are Very Wrong.. The Jags are just about as physical as we are.. they are built to try to be like us as far as physical is concerned... we should win but it will be a very hard fought win I guarentee it...
Steelers 16
Jags 13 Overtime
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
Steelknife
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2923

Jags won't score very much. We will have success running. Jags lost their starting DE (Hayward) for the year and a starting o-lineman got injured. They don't have a DE replacement who is solid against the pass and rush like Hayward. They'll have to do DE by committee.

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic64758-6-1.aspx

We'll have success running outside.

We're going to eat Leftwich alive.

Last edited by Steelknife; 09-10-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Steelknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelknife View Post

We'll have success running outside.

We're going to eat Leftwich alive.
Hmmm. I'm split on the inside/outside run issue. I would rather see the plays start to the inside. Parker is fast enough to break to the outside if there is nothing there. However, if we start running to the outside, we limit Parker's ability to break it back. I REALLY don't want to see the kid trying to come back across the grain time and time again... bad things can happen to our only true running back.

However, a LOT of mis-direction plays in the beginning may open up the inside lanes for a big run. Like I said, I am split on this issue.

However.. on D... Blitz the cornerback... blitz the linebackers... blitz the safeties.... BLITZ THE WATERBOY! Goodnight Mr. Sta-puft marshmallow!

Steelers 29 ( 3 TD's, 2 FG's, and a safety)
Jax 17

Bengals Already saying the Steelers cheated in thier (future) win over the Bengals (week 3).

Last edited by Preacher; 09-10-2006 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Couldn't spell marshmallow!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:53 AM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66 View Post
If Pittsburgh plays there game, they should win. JAX is a tough team but no Maddox this time to throw away the game.
Ughhhh. How long are you going to beat the dead horse?

The Jags are a better team than they are given credit for. Leftwich is kind of like Jake Plummer - when he's hot, he's very hot but when he's not, he's meat. I'm more concerned with their D than their O, but I'm certain between Wiz and Lebeau, they are cooking up a really special game plan for them. I think Jeff Reed's foot wins this one by 2 FG's.

Steelers - 20
Jags - 14

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:33 AM   #9
cbalke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2602

i think that QB pressure will be incredibly important in this game. if we can pressure leftwich like we did culpepper, i think we'll be fine. seemed like there were only 2 or 3 plays during the whole game where we didn't have someone back there harassing culpepper within about 3 seconds of the snap. that's good defense, man. :)
Old 09-11-2006, 07:59 AM   #10
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Like I said earlier.. if you think the Steelers are Not going to have a hard time with the Jags then either you are just blind and have never watched a Jags-Steelers matchup or you just aint using your brains and speaking out the wrong end... This will be a hard fought tough hitting, smash mouth down to the wire hard hittin' game.. mark it down now!!! Just watch, this is gonna be a great defensive game.. if you like offense and not much on defense... then you just as well not watch this one...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote