Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-10-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396
Default Silly Jaguar's writers...

Jaguars win saunaball
9/10/06
By Vic Ketchman, jaguars.com senior editor

Welcome to north Florida in early September. Welcome to saunaball.

So, if the heat and humidity were too much for a team from Dallas, and it was, what do you think it'll be like for the team from Pittsburgh? Have the Steelers ever won here in September? No. Three tries, three losses.

The oppressively steamy air on Sunday was the Jaguars' best ally, even if it caused a few of the Jaguars' players to spend some time in the locker room with their own IV bag. It's easy to understand why the Cowboys got caught off guard. How could they have possibly thought Jacksonville was any more humid than Dallas? Now they know.

This was a game the Jaguars won because they were better conditioned and physically and mentally more prepared to play four quarters of saunaball. Now, it's the Steelers' turn.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that! I guess they need SOMETHING to allow themselves some hope!
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900
Default Re: Silly Jaguar's writers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81 View Post
Jaguars win saunaball
9/10/06
By Vic Ketchman, jaguars.com senior editor

So, if the heat and humidity were too much for a team from Dallas, and it was, what do you think it'll be like for the team from Pittsburgh? Have the Steelers ever won here in September? No. Three tries, three losses.

The oppressively steamy air on Sunday was the Jaguars' best ally, even if it caused a few of the Jaguars' players to spend some time in the locker room with their own IV bag. It's easy to understand why the Cowboys got caught off guard. How could they have possibly thought Jacksonville was any more humid than Dallas? Now they know.

This was a game the Jaguars won because they were better conditioned and physically and mentally more prepared to play four quarters of saunaball. Now, it's the Steelers' turn.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that! I guess they need SOMETHING to allow themselves some hope!

One problem, Tommy's not playing this time. (like last years game in Pitt)
Old 09-10-2006, 11:49 PM   #3
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

I have been to Florida, and I live in the Pacific NW right now. Pittsburgh is as humid as they come. The Steelers won't have a problem with the humidity, they have been pratcing in the same humidity and dheat as the Jags. This guy is just fishing. (BTW there is no such thing as humidity in this part of the country, although I miss Pittsburgh more than anything in the world).

I'm not worried.

WE DEY
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:51 PM   #4
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark View Post
One problem, Tommy's not playing this time. (like last years game in Pitt)
my thoughts exactly!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 12:31 AM   #5
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Funny, people were writing off Pittsburgh last year as they wouldn't handle the thin air in Denver during the AFC title game. Right.......
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:37 AM   #6
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Gee, I guess all of those hot, humid days in late July and August around here were an abberation Another genius sports writer...how nice.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:41 AM   #7
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
I'm glad that we are makin up bowl names for every game now...I guess you have to when you can't win or even get to the only one that counts.

Quote:
So, if the heat and humidity were too much for a
team from Dallas, and it was, what do you think it'll be like for the team from Pittsburgh? Have the Steelers ever won here in September? No. Three tries, three losses.
What will it be like? At this time of year, it will prolly be a lot like......Pittsburgh and with the fans that we have we will make sure it looks a lot like Pittsburgh as well!

Quote:
What's the message here? "Even if our own players are unable to handle it, we are obviously more adept to rain and our own testicles sticking to each other in our shorts than anybody else!" Congrats jaguars, that is something to be proud of. I'm glad the weather was your team's best ally, because it would seem silly to attempt to make your strongest allies anythin that is actually related to the team. You know, things like coaching, running game (by the way where was that?), defense, or receiver core. I mean those are great in all but of course they have to come second to Drippy the raincloud and Huey heat index right?

Quote:
Hubris: Pride cometh before a fall. It would seem to me that it is the reverse of what is suggested. The Steelers are not being allowed a chance at the Jaguars. What have the jaguars accomplished? As of now they are nothin more than any other NFL, simply they are not the champions. Instead, the Superbowl Champion Steelers are allowing the jaguars the opportunity of battle and the schedule was so gracious as to allow the jaguars to host this bout. It prolly is a good idea to have the weather be your strongest ally Jacksonville, because a little rain and humidity won't stop the Steelers.....you're goin to need a f*ckin hurricane!

This time the storm is coming from Pittsburgh and it will be raining BlackNGold!!

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:05 AM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Jax done pretty well yesterday againsta Dallas team that got off to a good start.

The Jags remind me of the Steelers actually - they like to establish the run, atheletic, playmaking QB and a tough D (even though it is based on the 4-3) - and their receivers looked lively against a good Dallas D.

I think all the teams in Jax's schedule are going to have troubles with them.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:25 AM   #9
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

I assume this writer forgot that they are playing us AT NIGHT????

Old 09-11-2006, 08:29 AM   #10
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203 View Post
I assume this writer forgot that they are playing us AT NIGHT????

Well there's a good point!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote