Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #21
BBC
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 673
Member Number: 2109
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Silly Jaguar's writers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
They also didn't have Byron Leftwich or Fred Taylor in the playoffs.
Really? Byron managed to throw 31 pass attempts, and Fred Taylor was able to receive the most rushes of any Jaguar without either being in the playoffs? That is impressive.

Quote:
There's a reason they give Indianapolis fits every season...their defense is really good. And with a healthy Byron Leftwich and Fred Taylor, their offense is certainly above average.
You do understand that this team defeated only 2 healthy teams with winning records the entire season last year, right?

Quote:
I'm not saying they're going to win the superbowl, but they will be a tough test for the Steelers, especially if Ben can't go.
I would agree with this if the Steelers still had Tommy Maddox. Unfortunately for Jacksonville, they will not be handed 4 turnovers this game, and will not win.
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #22
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Silly Jaguar's writers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC View Post
Really? Byron managed to throw 31 pass attempts, and Fred Taylor was able to receive the most rushes of any Jaguar without either being in the playoffs? That is impressive.
Haha...wow, you're right...I forgot Leftwich and Taylor healed in time for the game. I guess I've just been trying to forget about those playoffs a little too much.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC View Post
I would agree with this if the Steelers still had Tommy Maddox. Unfortunately for Jacksonville, they will not be handed 4 turnovers this game, and will not win.
I didn't say the Steelers would be doomed to lose...I said the Jags will be a tough test, which they will be.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #23
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
Tankus_Maximus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mr. Fixit
Posts: 1,263
Gender: Male
Member Number: 519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Silly Jaguar's writers...

FLIP FLOP!! FLIP FLOP!! FLIP FLOP!!!

How's that crow taste, boy?
__________________

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #24
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Silly Jaguar's writers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankus_Maximus View Post
FLIP FLOP!! FLIP FLOP!! FLIP FLOP!!!

How's that crow taste, boy?
I can see you admire BBC's use of facts to derail other poster's theories.

Mind you, its not half as impressive as piling on afterward is it?

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #25
augustashark
Assistant Coach
 
augustashark's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,432
Member Number: 900
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Silly Jaguar's writers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I can see you admire BBC's use of facts to derail other poster's theories.

Mind you, its not half as impressive as piling on afterward is it?

NM


Some things never change!
__________________
LOS MOLINO.
augustashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:55 PM   #26
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach
 
HburgXL06's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: HBG reppin til I die!
Posts: 1,475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Silly Jaguar's writers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I can see you admire BBC's use of facts to derail other poster's theories.

Mind you, its not half as impressive as piling on afterward is it?

NM

YEA!!! WHAT HE SAID!!!

BuFu
__________________


"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:11 AM   #27
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter
 
SteelShooter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stationed with Navy in Stennis Space Center, MS.
Posts: 2,324
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2156
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Silly Jaguar's writers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203 View Post
I assume this writer forgot that they are playing us AT NIGHT????


LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are just too funny! Good One Bro!
__________________

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:13 AM   #28
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter
 
SteelShooter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Stationed with Navy in Stennis Space Center, MS.
Posts: 2,324
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2156
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Silly Jaguar's writers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC View Post
Really? Byron managed to throw 31 pass attempts, and Fred Taylor was able to receive the most rushes of any Jaguar without either being in the playoffs? That is impressive.



You do understand that this team defeated only 2 healthy teams with winning records the entire season last year, right?



I would agree with this if the Steelers still had Tommy Maddox. Unfortunately for Jacksonville, they will not be handed 4 turnovers this game, and will not win.


Hoo-Yah!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:16 AM   #29
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter
 
meanjoecoop's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 508
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2221
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Silly Jaguar's writers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203 View Post
I assume this writer forgot that they are playing us AT NIGHT????



The moon is much warmer in Florida...
__________________
meanjoecoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:27 AM   #30
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
Tankus_Maximus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mr. Fixit
Posts: 1,263
Gender: Male
Member Number: 519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Silly Jaguar's writers...

Yeah, so...what's your point? I was posting MY opinion on this.

You (LITP) love to pile on wherever & whenever. I didn't realize you were suddenly his nanny.

It's called The Blast Furnace for a reason.

If ya can't take the heat.....
__________________

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts