Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-11-2006, 07:36 AM   #1
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Let Us Never Forget

Today marks the 5th year anniversary of the most brutal attack on American soil and the barbaric murders of thousands of innocent people at the hands of Islamic terrorists. Please take a moment today and remember all of those who died, including those who lost their lives trying to save lives and our military who continues to put their own lives on the line each and every day to protect and safeguard all of us.

May God continue to grant eternal rest to our departed brothers and sisters and bless our courageous men and women who defend our country's honor and each and every one of us.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:37 AM   #2
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217
Default Re: Let Us Never Forget

Amen my sister.....AMEN.....
Old 09-11-2006, 08:08 AM   #3
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

it's hard to believe that was five years ago. I am watching the coverage of the ceremony in New York now...right now they are reading the names of all those who lost their lives, earlier they had family members of some of the victims, it brought me to tears...God bless the USA!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:23 AM   #4
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

We will never forget. My prayers are with the families today of those who lost loved ones and with those that continue to put their lives on the line for our safety and freedom.....from the Military to the Police and Fire/Ems. Thank you for your service.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #5
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592

MSNBC is running a real time broadcast of their news coverage of 9-11 right now....

I was awakened at around 0330 by my DD in Colorado who called to tell me what was happening.... I turned on the TV and the computer and was horrified and fascinated by the unfolding of the events of that day...... When I heard that there was a 4th plane flying in the Pittsburgh area, I was devestated..... Of course, that was Flight 93..... I called my DS here in Hawaii to tell him what was going on... A few months before 9-11, he had gone to a training program in the WTC for Morgan Stanley.... He did have a chance to meet the gentleman from Morgan Stanley who is credited with the speedy and successful evacuation of the large majority of the MS personnel that morning.... With 3000+ employees in the WTC, the company ended up with 6 fatalities....

My DD and I kept my gkids home from school that day..... We did go shopping for necessities - - if the supply ships to Hawaii were stopped, we did have to stock up a bit, however, my most important purchase was a flood light so that I could illuminate my American flag and could fly it 24/7 instead of just during daylight hours....

What a sad day, which changed the entire world forever......
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

God Bless the families and the greatest country on this planet.

A sad day for our country indeed, but our strength and resolve is stronger than any other.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 09-11-2006 at 10:18 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #7
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648
Unhappy Re: Let Us Never Forget

I remember I was at work when our boss came running into our area and telling us to turn on our radios....I heard about what was going on and called my mom and told her to turn on the TV. I guess the best way to describe my state of mind was "stunned". How is this happening?

In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday...I still can't look at the pictures or news footage without turning away.

May we never forget...
Old 09-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

I still get teary-eyed when I watch the coverage...but with that sadness is a sence of pride. Pride in our countries ability to stand up after being knocked to its knees. Pride that through our actions we have been telling extremists that regardless of what you do, it will only strengthen our resolve. Pride that throughout this country, people who didnt know any of those Americans who died..or their families, became caring neighbors to our brothers and sisters in New York and Pennsylvania.
I still feel the violation of that day...but it will always be mixed with pride.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #9
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

A scary and upsetting story for myself.....

My sister worked in the WTC (Morgan Stanley). She quit her job one month before the attacks occured. Her new job is located next to where the WTC was and every morning she would walk through the WTC in order to get to her new job location and to also get a cup of coffe to go. She was getting coffee inside the WTC 15-20 minutes before the first plane hit on 9/11.

Fortunately, she made it safely out of Manhattan that morning. Unfortunately, a couple of her friends who she worked with at Morgan Stanley were not as fortunate.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 09-11-2006 at 11:35 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
A scary and upsetting story for myself.....

My sister worked in the WTC (Morgan Stanley). She quit her job one month before the attacks occured. Her new job is located next to where the WTC was and every morning she would walk through the WTC in order to get to her new job location and to also get a cup of coffe to go. She was getting coffee inside the WTC 15-20 minutes before the first plane hit on 9/11.

Fortunately, she made it safely out of Manhattan that morning. Unfortunately, a couple of her friends who she worked with at Morgan Stanley were not as fortunate.
On a personal note..my brother-in-law and his wife freguent NYC on a regualr basis as part of New York Ministries...they were in the building just 5 days prior to the attacks...I know that 5 days is a long time but it brings it home to you that the people who were there, were innocents...who had no hatred towards Islam or islamic funtamentalists. There were alot of people who lost their brothers, sisters, husbands,wifes...brother-inlaws.
But for the grace of God...the difference between me and them was ...5 days. .. or for 83-Steelers-43....15 min.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote