Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-15-2006, 02:20 PM   #71
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Branch to Seattle for First Round Pick

Cigars, cigarettes anyone? (Sorry, I'm fresh out of joints - they're on backorder)

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #72
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Ever since I have posted here, which is longer than most, I have not been disrespectful on the main Steelers board, no real cheap shots to speak of.
NFL section:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...?t=4258&page=2

"For your next trick you might want to explain to us why the Steelers totally suck ass at collapsing the pocket then Tony!"

"Yawnnnnn.

Tony trick No. 106 - when backed into a corner - plead the right of free speech.

Tony Trick No. 114 - Use utterly ridiculous, non-similar arguments to cloud the issue.

I cant help it that every single one of your opinions on the Patriots and their coaching/ playing staff are so one-eyed they would make a cyclops jealous."

Nope, no disrespect there.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...t=10439&page=3

Quote:
Lets be honest here, it doesn't take very long for juvenile comments to appear on Patriots related threads - or in fact any threads that aren't 100% pro-Steeler.

I don't have to point out who these people are, everyone already knows - but they clearly get a free pass to post nonsense in a forum that is not supposed to contain smack.

To my mind, that includes comments about Belichick, Brady and Palmer that have very little to do with real football based analysis.

Dont get me wrong, I dont find it upsetting in anyway
, you should just know that these things work both ways and it often leads to threads going down the pan pretty quick if other posters decide to post the same way.

Quote:
No im not happy, actually. And telling people to leave because they dont agree with the way things are going is pretty lame.
As opposed to what exactly, doing everything you want them to? Telling you to stay somewhere you're unhappy at?

"Dont get me wrong, I dont find it upsetting in anyway"
"No im not happy, actually."

????????

Quote:
How about trying to stop the thread becoming blast furnace material in the first place, you know...by actually applying some of the rules around here - the same ones BRC used.
Why don't you try following the rules yourself before you complain about other people? In the Infractions thread, personal attacks were clearly stated to be against the rules. Yet after posting in that thread, you go and create two threads for the sole purpose of mocking Sheba. Personally I found them funny, but I'm not the one complaining about rule breaking. You've repeatedly insulted Tankus, called him names, etc. You think it's okay because he did it to you? It doesn't work that way. Also, you replying to smack in a section other than the blast furnace makes you just as guilty as the people you're complaining about. The "he started it" excuse doesn't work. I can't speak for the Mods, but maybe they'd take your complaints more seriously if you didn't undermine your position by repeatedly breaking rules yourself. Then again, maybe not being condescending, delusional and arrogant would also help your case. Just some suggestions.

Last edited by MattsMe; 09-15-2006 at 02:49 PM.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #73
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,583 Posts

you nailed it right on the head matt. there's quite a bit of hypocracy being spewed across the ocean. i for one was called a bigoted racist in the locker room (unprovoked mind you) simply because i said his views are more of the french government than the english government when it comes to u.s. oversea's policys. of course when i called him on the use of such a term the only responce i recieved was some nonsence about "symantics".

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:15 PM   #74
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork View Post
Leave? I've been here a lot longer then you pal.
LMAO.....

OK....

I'm dumb..(your assessment)...so clarify for me.....

You're challenging me to ban you?

just wanna make sure....
Old 09-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #75
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

The big question being talked about out here is will Branch play on Sunday. Its possible but the coach won't commit to it. He could make one heck of a decoy though. You know the D would be thinking pass if they see him go in. Could be a nice setup for an Alexander run.

Lots of talk about the Hawks running 4 reciever sets. Could be a nice way of dealing with our problems at TE until Stevens gets back. But we can't run that too often until out O-Line shows it can protect against the blitz. This weekend should be telling to see if last weeks' O-Line woes were something that can be corrected by some coaching and more focused play or if they really are just getting out manned. Last season the line looked bad against the Jags early on and then they pulled it together the rest of the season. Hopefully history will repeat itself without Hutch!
Old 09-15-2006, 05:55 PM   #76
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer View Post
The big question being talked about out here is will Branch play on Sunday. Its possible but the coach won't commit to it. He could make one heck of a decoy though. You know the D would be thinking pass if they see him go in. Could be a nice setup for an Alexander run.

Lots of talk about the Hawks running 4 reciever sets. Could be a nice way of dealing with our problems at TE until Stevens gets back. But we can't run that too often until out O-Line shows it can protect against the blitz. This weekend should be telling to see if last weeks' O-Line woes were something that can be corrected by some coaching and more focused play or if they really are just getting out manned. Last season the line looked bad against the Jags early on and then they pulled it together the rest of the season. Hopefully history will repeat itself without Hutch!
Look, I don't appreciate you bringing up nonsense about Branch in a thread which is clearly titled....oh, nevermind.

On a serious note, calling Hutch a beast is an understatement, but he wasn't your entire line. I'm sure they'll get it together as the season progresses. And as deep as you guys are at receiver, Hasselbeck shouldn't need too much time to find an open man. That really leaves the running game as the question mark. Just a guess, but I'd say Alexander puts up good numbers this year, but far shy of his MVP performance. Not just because Hutch is gone, but because teams will probably focus on him even more after what he did last year, which is another reason passing shouldn't be too difficult. And isn't Alexander past 30?

I still think you guys will make a run into the playoffs, and have a good chance of getting back to the SB.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:26 PM   #77
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
Look, I don't appreciate you bringing up nonsense about Branch in a thread which is clearly titled....oh, nevermind.

On a serious note, calling Hutch a beast is an understatement, but he wasn't your entire line. I'm sure they'll get it together as the season progresses. And as deep as you guys are at receiver, Hasselbeck shouldn't need too much time to find an open man. That really leaves the running game as the question mark. Just a guess, but I'd say Alexander puts up good numbers this year, but far shy of his MVP performance. Not just because Hutch is gone, but because teams will probably focus on him even more after what he did last year, which is another reason passing shouldn't be too difficult. And isn't Alexander past 30?

I still think you guys will make a run into the playoffs, and have a good chance of getting back to the SB.
SA is 29. So he is about to hit the 30 year milestone that is so evil for runningbacks. But, some analysts feel like he is a back that can remain productive into his 30s. He is often compared to a Franco Harris type back. Sometimes he tends to go out of bounds instead of cutting back to the field and getting A) 1-3 extra yards and B) pounded. Some people criticize this tendency to be a lack of toughness. But when you see his career has been freakishly lacking in significant injuries (knock on wood) and full of consistant production, his style just seems smart. Still, we can't be banking on his ability to bounce out the side to be as lightening quick in 2 or 3 years. His understudy Morris has a lot of good buzz about him and I anticipate he'll share the backfield more this season.

I don't think anyone expects SA to put up the same numbers this season. Though his goal is to rush for 2000 yards. His TDs were definately inflated a bit last year; we could have thrown for many of those TDs. But I think Holmgren was trying to be diplomatic and give him the ball every chance possible because of the status of their contract negotiations and some old bad blood regarding the SA's missing the previous years ruching title by a yard or two. No matter how you slice it though, he had an incredible season last year.

Regarding our line - We all knew we couldn't replace Hutch but felt we should still have one of the best O-lines. I still think we can. The big focus is on Porkchop Womack and if he will be able to step up his play like most people tink he can. If he doesn't, we'll through Chris Spencer, our 1st round pick from 2 years back in the L guard spot. Spencer is supposed to replce 84 year Tobek at center but the dude seems to get better with age.

And though I am a homer, I think our chances are as good as or better than any other NFC team for getting back to the big game right now. But its a long, long season. Its fun and to have the fan base expecting excellence this year instead of hoping for it. Its never happened here before.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:45 PM   #78
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
The big focus is on Porkchop Womack
I know next to nothing about him, but one thing is certain. Porkchop is a perfect name for an o-lineman! With a name like that, I wouldn't be too worried.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:35 PM   #79
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:

It would definantly help out the Seahawks if they use Brown as a decoy. With the division pretty much a cakewalk for them if they can get some trickery in, I think it will work wonders for them in the playoffs(That is if teams don't figure how to recognize them first).

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote