Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2005, 09:12 PM   #1
Prosdo
Banned
 
Prosdo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,326
Gender: Female
Member Number: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default SI.com's 2005 NFL Team Previews

Twenty-five seasons have passed since the Steelers last won a Super Bowl, and a new generation hungers for a championship of its own in Pittsburgh. After coming close so often over the past decade, the president of the franchise believes it's time to add another Vince Lombardi trophy to the club's aging quartet.

"I think for the people who have been around for awhile now, I think we all feel like it's time," Art Rooney says. "We've been close and we have to take that last step."

The Steelers were the surprise of the NFL last season when, behind a rookie quarterback, they became the first team from the AFC to go 15-1. But they also became only the second 15-1 NFL team not to reach the Super Bowl when they lost the AFC Championship game at home for the fourth time in 11 years.

Nothing less than a Super Bowl will be good enough this season, even though they suffered losses in free agency. Coach Bill Cowher worries that it will be difficult to match last year's determination by a team embarrassed with its 6-10 record in 2003.

"Going into this season there will be talk of this football team being one of the preseason favorites," Cowher says. "Those are the things you have to fight. Complacency can create a lot of disappointment if you are not careful. I think that is the challenge we have."

Rest of the article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo..._steelers.html

The article was good in my opinion. The only thing I didn't like was the last part. Kendrell Bell had been injuried and Larry Foote played well. No doubt is Kendrell a great player, but he wasn't exactly a big impact on last year.

Last edited by Prosdo; 07-18-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:16 PM   #2
ericnie18
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
Member Number: 469
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: SI.com's 2005 NFL Team Previews

your right man,we just have to wait out the patriots and i figure we then have a shot.if brady would just get injured we might have a chance.until then we might have to settle on division titles.MAN THAT PATS TEAM IS TOUGH.
ericnie18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:26 PM   #3
Prosdo
Banned
 
Prosdo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,326
Gender: Female
Member Number: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: SI.com's 2005 NFL Team Previews

I'm not sure where you found that in that article but hmmm.. The Pats are a great team, but they can be beat. It's only a matter of us playing like we know how to play. We did not do that in the AFC Championship game. This year I think it will be different.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach
 
bigbensgirl7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,303
Member Number: 292
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: SI.com's 2005 NFL Team Previews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
I'm not sure where you found that in that article but hmmm.. The Pats are a great team, but they can be beat. It's only a matter of us playing like we know how to play. We did not do that in the AFC Championship game. This year I think it will be different.
At least I hope so :)
__________________
bigbensgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:08 AM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: SI.com's 2005 NFL Team Previews

I read a small article -which goes back to just after the Pats v Steelers Conference game last year which may give a genuine impression of the Pats regard for the Steelers, here it is :

It?s about 20-25 minutes after the Patriots defeated the Steelers 41-27 and New England owner Robert Kraft is standing outside the entranceway of the team?s locker room. He?s wearing a cheek-to-cheek smile.

As Kraft is engaged in conversation, Steelers owner Dan Rooney approaches him. You can see the disappointment in Rooney?s face; after all, he?s getting older and who knows how many more chances he?ll have to see another championship in this great city. As he gets closer, he hugs Kraft, leaning into him like a kid looking for comfort.

Then, in a raspy voice, Rooney wishes Kraft and the Patriots good fortune in the Super Bowl.

?We?ve tried to emulate the great job you?ve done,? Kraft says as Rooney walks away.

Then, as Rooney heads back to the Steelers? locker room, Kraft stops him.

?Thank you Dan. That was very classy.?

It was such a genuine moment, caught by only a select few who happened to be within earshot. And for those who don?t know Dan Rooney and the Pittsburgh Steelers, it was a reflection of why the organization is considered one of the NFL?s best.

regards NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:07 PM   #6
STEELERDYNASTY
Water Boy
 
STEELERDYNASTY's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lansing,Michigan
Posts: 29
Member Number: 211
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: SI.com's 2005 NFL Team Previews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I read a small article -which goes back to just after the Pats v Steelers Conference game last year which may give a genuine impression of the Pats regard for the Steelers, here it is :

It?s about 20-25 minutes after the Patriots defeated the Steelers 41-27 and New England owner Robert Kraft is standing outside the entranceway of the team?s locker room. He?s wearing a cheek-to-cheek smile.

As Kraft is engaged in conversation, Steelers owner Dan Rooney approaches him. You can see the disappointment in Rooney?s face; after all, he?s getting older and who knows how many more chances he?ll have to see another championship in this great city. As he gets closer, he hugs Kraft, leaning into him like a kid looking for comfort.

Then, in a raspy voice, Rooney wishes Kraft and the Patriots good fortune in the Super Bowl.

?We?ve tried to emulate the great job you?ve done,? Kraft says as Rooney walks away.

Then, as Rooney heads back to the Steelers? locker room, Kraft stops him.

?Thank you Dan. That was very classy.?

It was such a genuine moment, caught by only a select few who happened to be within earshot. And for those who don?t know Dan Rooney and the Pittsburgh Steelers, it was a reflection of why the organization is considered one of the NFL?s best.

regards NM

Excellent post........thanks
__________________
Defense STILL wins Championships!
STEELERDYNASTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:45 PM   #7
VaDave
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 2,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 479
Thanks: 900
Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,054 Posts
Default Re: SI.com's 2005 NFL Team Previews

IMO we'll be very competitive, 15-1 is a stretch, but we will win our share. Will this be the year? I guess will have to let them play the games to find out. Dang, I wish they were playing now....
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:42 PM   #8
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: SI.com's 2005 NFL Team Previews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnie18
your right man,we just have to wait out the patriots and i figure we then have a shot.if brady would just get injured we might have a chance.until then we might have to settle on division titles.MAN THAT PATS TEAM IS TOUGH.

Wait out the Pats?
If Brady gets injured we MIGHT have a chance?

You suck dude. Number one, I for one would like to beat the Pats in the AFC champ game. With Brady at qb. Don`t want no hand outs. We want to win the right way.
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:46 PM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: SI.com's 2005 NFL Team Previews

[



It was such a genuine moment, caught by only a select few who happened to be within earshot. And for those who don?t know Dan Rooney and the Pittsburgh Steelers, it was a reflection of why the organization is considered one of the NFL?s best.

regards NM[/QUOTE]

To respect the NFL you have to respect the Rooneys, they have always done things the right way. And have always tried to improve the quality of the league.

Let me also say it was a classy move on Krafts part for pointing it out.

Thanks for the post NM.
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:47 PM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: SI.com's 2005 NFL Team Previews

You're welcome, it was a good article, on a different note - I dont know who he is but ericnie18 is quite obviously a Patsfan.
Despite being a Pats man myself I dont particularly like his style - seems awful childish to keep pretending to be a Steeler fan - then finding a way of paying backhanded compliments to Pitts whilst bigging up the Pats.

Im sure you already guessed all this - just saying you shouldn't waste anymore posts replying.

Regards

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts