Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-13-2006, 11:23 PM   #11
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519
Default Re: Patriots Charge Jets With Tampering.

Cheatin a$$ Pats...good to see this "dynasty" in decline.

How many guys have they lost & tried to replace with other re-treads? Chad Brown last year..Seau this year?

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:05 AM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Its funny how people get over-excited when you fail to win the SB for the 1st time in 3 years.

The same people who cream their panties when the Steelers win one, and one that will be remembered more for the poor level of officiating than it will for the way Pittsburgh stumbled their way over the line.

Probably for the best.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:46 AM   #13
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Its funny how people get over-excited when you fail to win the SB for the 1st time in 3 years.

The same people who cream their panties when the Steelers win one, and one that will be remembered more for the poor level of officiating than it will for the way Pittsburgh stumbled their way over the line.

Probably for the best.

NM

Yes, and of course who will forget the sterling play of Pittsburgh's QB? What was his name? Ben ThebiggerthegametheworseIplay?
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:52 AM   #14
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork View Post
Yes, and of course who will forget the sterling play of Pittsburgh's QB? What was his name? Ben ThebiggerthegametheworseIplay?
maybe we are being a little unfair here?

Its not every team that has a QB who can raise his game in the post-season - I remember that horrific effort Ben had against us in the AFCCG - shhhh dont mention the AFCCG's - then he repeats the effort in the SB.

Sure, Brady had a poor game against Denver but I dont remember doing anything as embarrassing as throwing for the same amount of yardage as his best receiver caught!

Shameful.

Good job that Seattle choked worse than Ben that day, come to think of it good job the Colts choked even bigger than Bettis earlier.

Im looking forward to the natural order being restored this year - where its the team with ability under pressure that wins it all - not the team that choked the least.

NM
Old 09-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #15
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:

Probably for the best.

NM
Do you mean the same way the Pats are remembered for the infamous Tuck Rule? The color green does not become you Pats fans.

We Steelers fans remember how our team was the underdog in every single playoff game, we remember how our guys rose to each occasion and conquered, but most of all, well - see the t-shirt below. You'll get the picture.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Do you mean the same way the Pats are remembered for the infamous Tuck Rule? The color green does not become you Pats fans.

We Steelers fans remember how our team was the underdog in every single playoff game, we remember how our guys rose to each occasion and conquered, but most of all, well - see the t-shirt below. You'll get the picture.

Its funny you should mention the tuck rule - everyone who understands the laws of the game knows it was a the right call - maybe thats why its taken a while to sink in over here

I look back at the way the Steelers won last year and I see an alignment of incredibly unlikely circumstances all coming together to help fat-man Jerome get his ring - even surviving a goalline fumble by the obese blob himself and yet another choke by VanderShank.

Whats amusing is watching the Steelers faithful finally jump on the Manning bandwagon - like their team was the one to expose the guy at the highest level - still...it is a copycat league I guess.

I remember how the Steelers faithful cried into their beer after losing Hopelessberger for a couple of games, but then couldn't see how the same theory applied when the Bengals lost their star QB, Carson Palmer - nuthin' like a little hypocrisy is there?

Its also fascinating to note that its only the teams that felt they got shafted by the Patriots - the Raiders, the Rams, feel the need to whine about it years later - months after the SB Pittsburgh fans are still whimpering about 'crybaby' Hawks fans - even though the Steelers were the ones to get the rub of the green (the folding green maybe?)

Even now the same crybabies whine that they aren't top of the power rankings - boo hoo - try winning a SB that doesnt come with an asterix then you might get that respect.

NM
Old 09-14-2006, 09:10 AM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,565 Times in 3,985 Posts

Quote:

Even now the same crybabies whine that they aren't top of the power rankings - boo hoo - try winning a SB that doesnt come with an asterix then you might get that respect.

NM
holy shit youre bitter! so much for that 3-peat patnation was boastfully smug about. still got them crow feathers in your teeth huh? a little nervous that teams are catching on to the secret formula of defeating brady? hit him in the mouth once early and youre in the game. i wonder what the genius mangini has up his sleeve?

the pats only have 10 winable games this year. if they lose to the jets you might as well put a fork in them.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:33 AM   #18
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

He's having a "heavy-flow" week...his pillow isn't as absorbent as it used to be.

I think he's just gripping that peice by peice his "dynasty" is getting dismantled, and he knows that he won't see this kind of success for the rest of his lifetime. The next time The Pats will be on top will be the next time Haley's comet comes around.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:48 AM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
holy shit youre bitter! so much for that 3-peat patnation was boastfully smug about. still got them crow feathers in your teeth huh? a little nervous that teams are catching on to the secret formula of defeating brady? hit him in the mouth once early and youre in the game. i wonder what the genius mangini has up his sleeve?

the pats only have 10 winable games this year. if they lose to the jets you might as well put a fork in them.
Maybe the Steelers should try hitting him in the mouth wqhen they play him then - they've had plenty of opportunity over the last few years.

Maybe that LB corps just aint up to doing what the Bills did this weekend.

No wonder theres an asterix by the last SB

Bills > Steelers

NM
Old 09-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankus_Maximus View Post
He's having a "heavy-flow" week...his pillow isn't as absorbent as it used to be.

I think he's just gripping that peice by peice his "dynasty" is getting dismantled, and he knows that he won't see this kind of success for the rest of his lifetime. The next time The Pats will be on top will be the next time Haley's comet comes around.
Brady's Patriots 3 Bens Steelers 1.

Who's got the dynasty going on?

Ha ha.

Bye bye Tampaximus.

NM