Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #11
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Ben medically cleared to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Going by the article this morning in the PPG, it seems to me the media is jumping to conclusions and making Troy's shoulder a bigger deal than it really is.

All Cowher stated was that "he did not know how Polamalu's shoulder was injured and provided no more details. He said Thursday night that the injury occurred in the first half.".

That's all that was stated and the PPG comes out with an article titled "Polamalu's shoulder a concern for Steelers". He's questionable. Instead of speculating (PPG) and turning on the alarm sirens, why not take the wait and see approach?
Trust me I'm far from jumping off a bridge about Troy's shoulder. I read the article that you are talking about. I figured it was the media making it a bigger deal then it really was. Just saying I'm more worried about Troy then Ben at this point. Thats all bro. I expect Ben to start vs the Jaqs. It just seems at times that most attention is focused on Ben and his injuries when other players might have nagging little injuries.

Hell we need something to fill between all this time from the opener to Monday. This break between games really sucks. I have to sit through a whole another day of watching other teams on Sunday. I can't wait for Monday.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:16 PM   #12
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

I will take the wait and see approach, but the story does concern me a bit. I would be suprised though if it was a major injury, you would think that if he can't play then he would be listed as doubtful or out. I mean it's not like BB coaches this team. No need to lie.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:17 PM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Trust me I'm far from jumping off a bridge about Troy's shoulder. I read the article that you are talking about. I figured it was the media making it a bigger deal then it really was. Just saying I'm more worried about Troy then Ben at this point. Thats all bro. I expect Ben to start vs the Jaqs. It just seems at times that most attention is focused on Ben and his injuries when other players might have nagging little injuries.

Hell we need something to fill between all this time from the opener to Monday. This break between games really sucks. I have to sit through a whole another day of watching other teams on Sunday. I can't wait for Monday.
By no means was I meaning you. I'm talking about the PPG/ESPN.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:19 PM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark View Post
I will take the wait and see approach, but the story does concern me a bit. I would be suprised though if it was a major injury, you would think that if he can't play then he would be listed as doubtful or out. I mean it's not like BB coaches this team. No need to lie.
If it was a major injury (dislocated shoulder/pulled ligaments etc.), I wouldn't have expected him to come back and play in the second half of the Dolphins game......and pick off a pass. That's why I'm not putting much stock into these stories/rumors.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:19 PM   #15
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Default Re: Ben Speaks!!!!!!!

I'll bet (not my house) that he will be playing come monday night. He knows that if he can get through Jax and then Cincy that he will have 14 days off to rest.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:23 PM   #16
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
If it was a major injury (dislocated shoulder/pulled ligaments etc.), I wouldn't have expected him to come back and play in the second half of the Dolphins game......and pick off a pass. That's why I'm not putting much stock into these stories/rumors.
I agree, a dislocated shoulder is one of the most painful things in sports. He would not have been able to continue like he did if he had that type of injury. I see him at maybe 80%, but you have to ask yourself, is Troy better then half the other SS even at 80%?
Old 09-13-2006, 02:23 PM   #17
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

*Combined Ben threads and changed title.*
Old 09-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #18
augustashark
Assistant Coach

What the hell, can anyone else see my post from "Ben speaks" on this thread?

Sorry 83 did'nt know you combined.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post

sundays are definitely the best day of the week during football season. it sucks that through the 1st month this year the steelers will only be on once. (bye week, week 4 i.e. black sunday)

i cant complain about the primetime games though. (then again i dont have season tickets with work early tuesday morning)
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #20
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark View Post
I agree, a dislocated shoulder is one of the most painful things in sports. He would not have been able to continue like he did if he had that type of injury. I see him at maybe 80%, but you have to ask yourself, is Troy better then half the other SS even at 80%?
Good question. I thought Logan looked damn good during preseason. I would still rather have a 80% (if that's even the case) Polamalu out there.