Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-14-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Favorite All-Time NFL Player

Now, I know that this is a Steelers forum.. but lets hear your favorite All-Time Non Steelers Player......
Mine? has to be a tie
Reggie White-- when the man was in his prime, there was No better at his position
Walter Payton** The greatest (in my opinion only) my only regret, that the team put the fridge in to run the ball for the TD in the super bowl instead of lettin the great Walter get a TD in the game... R.I.P. God Bless You Walter
and #56 Lawrence Taylor of the Giants... What a Beast.. he was awesome to watch
Be honest with your answers and have fun, that is what this is all about
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Favorite All-Time NFL Player

My man - Jim Kelly! In addition to all of the Steelers pics in my house, I have a huge pic of Jim on my bedroom wall!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:36 AM   #3
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

I gotta go with Joe Montana...all the guy knew how to do was win. he did it with class and he did it the right way
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:22 AM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Dick Butkus 6'3 245 lbs....This dude had a Steeler mentality!!!!!!! Two-time College All-American.... All-NFL six times and played in the Pro Bowl eight times..... He retired after 9 years with 1,020 tackles, 489 assists and 22 interceptions.... His 27 recoveries of fumbles by opponents are now third on the all-time list, but Jim Marshall needed 20 years for his 29 recoveries and Rickey Jackson needed 15 seasons for his 28.

Quote..“When I went out on the field to warm up, I would manufacture things to make me mad. If someone on the other team was laughing, I'd pretend he was laughing at me or the Bears. It always worked for me."
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Joe Namath, the only good NFL player to ever come from my high school. Plus the guy is classy as hell when he comes back home. I met him at Blackhawk Golf course once while my dad and I were golfing with his brother. Very nice guy, and he remembered me from winning the Joe Namath scholarship my sneior year at Beaver Falls.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:52 AM   #6
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

I won't say THE favorite but A favorite is Anthony Munoz....good player....terrific human being. I've been involved in some of the same charity fundraisers...great guy and family man. He does alot for our community.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #7
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

For me the answer to that question is, who would I tune into on Sundays just to watch THAT GUY?

My answer is Earl Campbell. Man, he was a punishing back. I know the Steelers shut him down a few times, but there's no shame in that. He took a pounding, mostly because he was the Oiler's only weapon for so many years. By my memory, he was the first really fast, mobile, agile big back. Great feet, great hands, great speed, great power. I wish he'd been a Steeler. One of our competitors whom I respected the most.

Second choice, probably Ken Stabler. I always loved watching that guy.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:19 PM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
For me the answer to that question is, who would I tune into on Sundays just to watch THAT GUY?

My answer is Earl Campbell. Man, he was a punishing back. I know the Steelers shut him down a few times, but there's no shame in that. He took a pounding, mostly because he was the Oiler's only weapon for so many years. By my memory, he was the first really fast, mobile, agile big back. Great feet, great hands, great speed, great power. I wish he'd been a Steeler. One of our competitors whom I respected the most.

Second choice, probably Ken Stabler. I always loved watching that guy.

Tom
I loved Earl Campbell! He was as tough as they come and so quick for a man with such huge legs. I also loved the Mooner except when he played against us. Tough, durable and as gritty as a QB can be imho.

I always turned the sound down during Steelers/Oilers games because I couldn't bear to listen to that nauseating song their fans sang over and over and over again. Ughhhh.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 09-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #9
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I loved Earl Campbell! He was as tough as they come and so quick for a man with such huge legs. I also loved the Mooner except when he played against us. Tough, durable and as gritty as a QB can be imho.

I always turned the sound down during Steelers/Oilers games because I couldn't bear to listen to that nauseating song their fans sang over and over and over again. Ughhhh.
We're the Houston Oilers,
Houston Oilers!
Houston Oilers number one!

Yuck.

You gotta love Youtube. Check out this short highlight film. Look at what it took to bring this guy down, or NOT. Imagine that Foote put that hit on Shea, against the Browns... and Shea stays upright, bounces off and scores. You'll see a play like that on this highlight film. On one play, it takes the entire Steel Curtain defense to hold him to about 40 yards on one play, before being brought down.

Last edited by Mosca; 09-14-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
We're the Houston Oilers,
Houston Oilers!
Houston Oilers number one!

Yuck.

You gotta love Youtube. Check out this short highlight film. Look at what it took to bring this guy down, or NOT. Imagine that Foote put that hit on Shea, against the Browns... and Shea stays upright, bounces off and scores. You'll see a play like that on this highlight film. On one play, it takes the entire Steel Curtain defense to hold him to about 40 yards on one play, before being brought down.

That was great Tom - Earl Campbell was like a Mack Truck with a head. I was always so amazed at how this big man could run so fast. I wish they had fantasy football back then- LOL! Thanks for the link - I really enjoyed reminiscing and seeing him in action again.

The Anti-Wahoo