Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-29-2005, 11:49 AM   #1
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Patriots...America's Team??????

I read in another Steelers MB where there are a ton of Patsy fans talking about how they are "Americas Team" and thought it would be perfect to bring into the BF...but HW might need some friends to help him out here.
1st off, I though Dallas was the so called "America's Team" not the little Pansie Pats. Where do their fans get off, naming themselves that. Yah their name is the Patriots...woohoo!!! I do recall the real America's Team stadium getting taken over by the black and gold...I can remeber this happening in Jacksonville also. Actually everywhere the Steelers go, their fans follow. The home team always seems to be complaining that there are so many Steeler fans in their house. Now do you ever watch the Pats away and see many Pats fans there...I sure don't! This is even after 2 SBs and another one possibly on the way. I'm sorry, but to me that's a little pathetic, and defiantely does not earn them the title of "America's Team"!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Re: Patriots...America's Team??????

Steelers definately have a huge fanbase.......and it is a well known fact that we show up to away games. While most of Dallas fans are probabaly located in Texas, and Patriot fans are most likely in the New England states.......Steelers fans are everywhere, especially in Ohio. I go to the Bengals game in Cincy every year. It feels like it is 60% Steelers fans. I remember when the Bengals never sold-out, but it would be packed when Pittsburgh came to town.

I think that most of the Patriot following are really non-football people who just started liking the Pats because they are winning. Patriot fans are coming out of woodwork, and there is no way they supported there team for the last 20 years like we have. They are just band-wagon fans......., and massive dongs. Most of them are idiots and A-holes, you can never win a debate with them because they have no football knowlege and just keep repeating the word "dynasty" ..... Oh, they are all experts on Superbowls and dynasties now.

I think our large fanbase is because of the dynasty in the 70's, and in 20 to 30 years the world will be crawling with Patriot fans.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I find it hard to beleive that anyone with any sort of knowledgs of the game and its fans, would think they would be Americas team. They are Red White and Blue, but thats where it ends. They have one of the smallest fan bases in the NFL. Hell the crappy browns have alot bigger fan base.

Another something that is overrated. The browns claim to have the largest fan base of any team. Truth is they have the largest single fan club. The brownies backers is all over. The Steelers have more fan but no One fan club, although the Steelers Express is large and in many states.

As President of the ohio Steelers I keep in email contact with clubs all over the country, Hawaii has 350+ members, Caves Creek AZ. 300+, North Texas 300+, these are actual members, so the fan base is probably 100 times that.

Ben No. 1 Jersey sold last year anywhere, Bettis No.4, Troy was 9th. Highest Pat, Ty Law, 19th. I don`t know who is Americas Team, But I know who isn`t.

Happy Memorial to all. Especially to the Veterans Past and Present. Even you Hardwork, Thank You for serving.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:23 PM   #4
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Thier colors are Red White & Blue and thier name is the Patriots.

This might sound insensitive,but my friend sees it ironic that after 9/11 all of a sudden the Patriots came out of nowhere to win the Super Bowl and now 3 of the last 4.He just finds it really odd,that after the huge national tragedy a team called the Patriots come out of nowhere to win the Super Bowl.

And like you all said,Patriot fans are coming out of the woodwork...all of a sudden where no Patriot fans existed,now everywhere is swarming with Pats fans.They couldn't even sell out thier stadium before they won the Super Bowl.Nobody in the NE states cared about the Pats until they began winning.When they go back to losing,the NE states will go abck to not caring about the Patriots...along with the rest of the country.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I just can't see people calling them America's team. "America's team" is backed by mostly not all but mostly band wagon fans. They stick with the team when they are winning. If they start losing you won't see them around. It's like a lot of people and the New York Yankees. Yes, there are some very legit fans, but ALOT of band wagon fans in the past. Should people really be calling the Patriots "America's Team" when they are backed by people who don't stick with it. My opinion, absolutely not.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 06:16 PM   #6
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Pat fans are bandwagon jumpers.. you never heard a thing about them till about 5 years ago.. and then out of the wood work they come. Oh the pats this and the pats that. The only place u see huge followings of pats fans is in the northeast.. they dont travel well, and they never take over an opposing teams stadium like WE do! Nobody takes over a venue like the black n gold fans!!!! There's no denying that.

Americas team my ass... and just when I thought we heard the last of Dallas trying to hold onto this title !!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 11:28 PM   #7
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
Thier colors are Red White & Blue and thier name is the Patriots.

This might sound insensitive,but my friend sees it ironic that after 9/11 all of a sudden the Patriots came out of nowhere to win the Super Bowl and now 3 of the last 4.He just finds it really odd,that after the huge national tragedy a team called the Patriots come out of nowhere to win the Super Bowl.
Yah, it is pretty ironic. esp. when you consider stuff like the tuck rule coming into effect. That is on the list of one of the most controversial calls and well of course it went in favor of the Pats. I don't know, but it is wierd. The funny thing is, the Pats this year said we shouldn't even be playing them because of the 2 missed FG. Well my theory on that is, 1st-the refs didn't give us the game, 2nd- the Jets did nothing to make it easier on Brien to kick in one of the hardest stadiums in the NFL. I'm not saying luck was on side...but the refs didn't hand us! But oh well, let them enjoy it now...because their done!!!
Old 05-30-2005, 10:11 AM   #8
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
Yah, it is pretty ironic. esp. when you consider stuff like the tuck rule coming into effect. That is on the list of one of the most controversial calls and well of course it went in favor of the Pats. I don't know, but it is wierd. The funny thing is, the Pats this year said we shouldn't even be playing them because of the 2 missed FG. Well my theory on that is, 1st-the refs didn't give us the game, 2nd- the Jets did nothing to make it easier on Brien to kick in one of the hardest stadiums in the NFL. I'm not saying luck was on side...but the refs didn't hand us! But oh well, let them enjoy it now...because their done!!!
THANK YOU.That's what I have been trying to tell my friend Artina (she's a Patriots fan).

When the Phins beat the Pats on MNF,I called her cell phone and just laughed.I also managed to get in an "I guess Brady ISN'T perfect".

She had it coming.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:28 AM   #9
Steelersfan

Member Number:

The Patriots aren't even New England's Team! There are more fans of other teams up here than Patriot fans.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #10
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
THANK YOU.That's what I have been trying to tell my friend Artina (she's a Patriots fan).

When the Phins beat the Pats on MNF,I called her cell phone and just laughed.I also managed to get in an "I guess Brady ISN'T perfect".

She had it coming.
Yah...before the fins game (ofcourse we didn't expect it to really happen)...I guess my dad said he would run to the mailbox and back naked. And accoriding to my brother he did...Thank god I don't live there anymore!!!!!!!!! SCARY!!!!!!!!!!