Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts
Default There Is No "I" In Team

but there is an i in "patriots" and "Belichick".

anyone notice the double standard the media and fans have dogging t. owens for being a "me, me, me," type player who puts himself above the team yet the same pundints will proclaim the same sustained level of greatness for the patriots as long as they have belichick and brady (forget everyone else they lost)? it defies something i (and most die hard fans) have: conventional footbal wisdom.

hasnt football ALWAYS been a team game? when did the rules for success change for the patriots?

thoughts hardwork? (pardon the oxymoron)

note: due to the hypersensitivity of patriotfans worldwide in this time of doubt, i placed this topic of general football discussion in the blast furnace. it appears certain posters have demanded that all football related topics that dont put a sugar coating on recent patriot problems, and dont still proclaim them the team to beat, be barred from the appropriate "nfl forum".
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #2
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304
Default Re: There Is No "I" In Team

<note: due to the hypersensitivity of patriotfans worldwide in this time of doubt, i placed this topic of general football discussion in the blast furnace. it appears certain posters have demanded that all football related topics that dont put a sugar coating on recent patriot problems, and dont still proclaim them the team to beat, be barred from the appropriate "nfl forum".>

Shall I assume that is a quote from a MOD? Oh well, the wheel that squeaks the loudest get s the oil.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
davidgrenier
Water Boy

Member Number: 2985

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
hasnt football ALWAYS been a team game? when did the rules for success change for the patriots?
Umm, never. Living in RI and listening to my share of Sports Radio in the fall I always hear fans, the media, and most importantly the Patriots organization saying that there are no "star players", that they take one game at a time, etc. etc.

Maybe there are some loudmouth fans who disagree with those ideas, but certainly I've never heard Bill say anything that would indicate that any one player is more important than any other player on the team.
davidgrenier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn View Post

Shall I assume that is a quote from a MOD? Oh well, the wheel that squeaks the loudest get s the oil.
no, that would be a flase assumption. those words came from yours trully. i couldve just as easilly placed that post in the appropriate forum within all confines of the rules but that just wouldnt be as fun.

anyways how come there is no "i" in team in all professional sports except when the media and fans discuss (football related discussions mind you) the patriots.
even payton manning (who certain patriot fans constantly trash in football related forums) doesnt get this luxury. many in the media note how the colts should struggle with an inferiorly paid defense and the loss of e. james.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #5
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgrenier View Post
Umm, never. Living in RI and listening to my share of Sports Radio in the fall I always hear fans, the media, and most importantly the Patriots organization saying that there are no "star players", that they take one game at a time, etc. etc.
that is a far cry from the media on a national level. its a good company line to say with regards to not having to pay players but, can they really say brady is not a star player with a straight face?

listenning to the local radio im sure youve heard "as long as we got belichink and brady we will be fine".

frankly i get tired of half the talking heads (many who have played the game) on fox, espn, cbs, nbc, give us the hogwash that "as long as they have those 2 they will always be in contention for a superbowl".

then they bash owens.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:04 AM   #6
Person A and not B
Water Boy

Member Number: 3076

I feel the same way when I look at the bengals. I live near cinci, so I hear alot of shit. I hate their fans, but I'll tell you what, they're dumb as hell. All they talk about is Carson and Chad. What about TJ and Rudi? How about their defense that has tried so hard to keep up with the fabled bengal offense? I don't like the bengals, but living around here makes me just hate their fans. Oh yeah, and does anyone see Chad becoming a whining baby like T.O. if the bengals start losing again? haaa, its a distinct possibility. I just feel bad for the actual bengals fans that own bengals merchandise from three or more years ago.. that's how Who dey started. "Who dey?" "Oh. professional fair-weather bandwagon hoppers."
Person A and not B is offline   Reply With Quote