Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-19-2006, 12:27 PM   #501
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298
Talking Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars Game Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Hey Jacksonville, IT'S PAYBACK TIME!
Hahahahahaha!!!!

Oh man, that is funny for so many reasons!!!! Payback time.....hahahha, if that's what you call that!! :D

Who made the terrible decision to play Ben anyways??
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:06 PM   #502
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396
Default Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars Game Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent View Post
Hahahahahaha!!!!

Oh man, that is funny for so many reasons!!!! Payback time.....hahahha, if that's what you call that!! :D

You have no idea how ridiculous you look. After all the whining your "12th bitch" displayed after your Superbowl loss, you have NO room for smack talk. Plain and simple.
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #503
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81 View Post
You have no idea how ridiculous you look. After all the whining your "12th bitch" displayed after your Superbowl loss, you have NO room for smack talk. Plain and simple.
Hey, way to try and change the subject away from last nights horribly embarrassing loss on Monday Night Football.

Wow, your guys helped set the record for the lowest scoring MNF in the history of the game....well; they helped by not showing up offensively.

But seriously though, I missed this forum and was excited to come back and laugh with y?all a little bit. :)

No worries, it was only week 2.
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #504
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,198 Times in 3,492 Posts

Quote:

Wow, your guys helped set the record for the lowest scoring MNF in the history of the game....well; they helped by not showing up offensively.

go figure. we hold jax to 1 pt. less than seattle in the sb yet still lose. you wont see that often.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #505
ROETTI
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3096

Quote:
Hey, way to try and change the subject away from last nights horribly embarrassing loss on Monday Night Football.

But seriously though, I missed this forum and was excited to come back and laugh with y?all a little bit. :)

Did you guys not only beat the lowly Detroit Lions 9-6. Talk about your offensive fiasco. At least ours happened against one of the top defenses in the league and not the worst.

Are you sure you don't want to see the instant replay on that one as well?
ROETTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #506
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

This game made me sick on multiple levels. Part of my anger is the fact that I had complete comfidence goin into this game of a win. My thoughts were that even with the jags defense we could still manage some ball movement and force turnovers when we played defense. None of this happened. I should say that my responses are not meant to be interpretted as disappointment and just some notes on what to improve, plus some ranting. Here are some points that I noticed that should be addressed.

1)Ben was sick, Batch shoulda played: I know Ben was anxious to play again, and I know it put up a stronger front havin him start but when you are experiencin flu-like symptoms and have a fever you should not be in a NFL football game. Most likely his body is still recoverin from the surgery. In the body's weakened state after the surgery it was more prone for somethin to come in to cause sickness. It sounds like his body was causin a fever to burn off anythin that might have snuck in durin or after the surgery that might cause illness. Ben seemed to be in a weakened state from both the recovery from surgery as well as the fever and other flu-like symptoms. Batch would have been riding strong after his week 1 win and been able to focus more on the game and the gameplan rather than tryin to balance the game with overcomin feelin sick. *EDIT:* I should add that after reconsiderin what some have said here that Ben should have been allowed some playin time but after a certain point it might have been better to put Batch in and allow Ben to rest after gettin off some of the rust.

2) Troy was hurt and should not have played: Anyone who saw the replays that focused on Troy noticed how his right arm was just dangling on his side. Troy seemed to be nursing it all game and I'm sure it was causing him considerable pain. Also, Troy missed tackles....whenever Troy misses a tackle you know somethin is wrong. Again we have another player that is tryin to play the game but also worry about overcomin their own health problems as well. Now we have to worry because instead of allowin Troy to heal this week so that he is ready for the (much more important) bengals game we have to worry again whether he is goin to be at 100%.

3) Bench Santonio Holmes: Until this kid learns how to play football in the NFL, I don't want to see him on the field during a game. I saw numerous plays last night that it was his neglect/idiocy that cost us major plays. Punt returnin...I can maybe give him some lax. But other times he was downright awful. It was Holmes not lookin back in time or payin attention to his route that caused at least one interception. Other times it was him not bein able to catch up or hold onto the ball that prevented us from convertin. To me this kid has not turned out to be anythin like we had hoped. So far I see a lot of dumb rookie mistakes that have repeatedly happening yet he is allowed to continue to play. I would bench him or send him to the practice squad until he could run each play without fail. There are a bunch of roles every position has to play on the field from one down to the next. So far Holmes only seems to be playin the role of the chicken wit its head cut off. I keep wonderin where Willie Reid is since he seemed to show the most maturity and ability to make plays on the field.

4) Leftwich wasn't pressured:
Only a few times did I see Leftwich have to hustle to rid himself of the ball and I don't recall seeing one sack all night on him. Our D looked as though it lacked a lot of fire that it had in week 1. Perhaps the whole team became a little too confident before this game but from this point on we need to step it up if we want to be playoff contendors.

Other things that made me sick in this game....

1) As soon as Jacksonville got their first field goal the commentators started pullin up every stat and figure and anecdote about how the jags did one thing or another against the Steelers or anyone. The commentators found every excuse to trash the Steelers for the majority of the game and then only continued to do so with fervor after the first field goal.

2) Why does it seem like the Steelers are the only team that when a player gets a big he doesn't have his own personal celebration. Besides Joey's kick no other player on the team has a celebration that they perform every single time they make a play. Last night it seemed that after every tackle the jag player who made the tackle felt he had to do some stupid dance. Not only does that seem like overkill, idiocy, over-celebratory, unsportsmanlike, and disrespectful, but overall very arrogant.

3) Lastly, why does Jacksonville even have a NFL team? Whoever heard of Jacksonville as a city worthy of such a team? They don't have any other major league team so why football? Their fans look like a cross between extras from the Dukes of Hazard and actors from any commercial that airs during the Price is Right. If any other city wants an NFL team, I suggest Jacksonville be the first place the NFL looks to move a team from one place to another. Hell maybe they will even choose an original color this time....like pink.

On a personal level, I again learned the value of hubris: pride cometh before a fall. Last night felt like a reminder to not become over confident and to remain humble and hungry for the win goin into a game.

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #507
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Hahahahahaha!!!!

Probably Cowher. Anyway it still early in the season. 2 Games don't detetermine a season, 16 do.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote