Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Community > Introductions

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-18-2006, 06:27 AM   #1
SteelersWoman
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3077
Talking Also an "Ohio" Steelers Fan :D

Hey there !

Long post--sorry--I'm just so excited to be a fan and to be here

I'm married almost 3 yrs now to a Browns fan Oldest son (15)--Steelers fan, (my "smart" child ) youngest son (who came with this husband) is 10-- Browns fan--poor child wants to make "dad" happy We're a "blended family" in every sense of the word lol By the way--I live right across the river from Pitts, and this is pretty much "Steelers territory".

I know this is gonna sound "nuts", but I'm 42, and have hated football my whole life...til last year's opening game for the Steelers. (Even though I didn't watch (or like) football, I knew if I could ever get into it, they'd be who I'd follow). But this is how it happened--my moment!

My dad (also Steelers fan and usual game watching buddy for son) was in the hospital, youngest son (who likes to watch Steelers games just to antagonize oldest about fumbles, etc) away for wknd, hubby at work, and my oldest was sick, (so he told my ex husband that he wouldn't be visiting him). So it's just the 2 of us home--he's not feeling well--laying on the couch waitin' for the first Steelers game of regular season.

I began to feel bad that he had to watch it by himself, so I figured I could "martyr" myself for an hour so that he didn't feel alone (I didn't realize at that time that an hour game was actually 3 hrs long)

My son began making comments about the game--I began asking q's, and he answered them so well that I actually began to understand it a bit. As it wore on, I began to learn more. By the middle of that game, that was it, I was hooked for life

Needless to say, my first yr as a fan was a rather exciting one. They became and I felt that they'd done it just in honor of me All during last season (and this one) I have NFL channel on most of the day and night--so I'm even driving the 3 guys I live with crazy--I've become a bigger football fan than all of them combined! This yr I'm even watching OTHer teams just to see what our matchups and possible Super Bowl rivals will be like to beat this yr

Anyway--glad to be here--look forward to reading (and possibly writing) a lot more posts

SteelersWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875
Default Re: Also an "Ohio" Steelers Fan :D

Hello and welcome to the site.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Hello, welcome to the board and enjoy.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:27 AM   #4
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

SteelersWoman,

Awesome story! thank you for sharing. With that done....my usual greeting:

Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome ........................................and did I say "Hey There!"

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:39 PM   #5
wiqidjuggalo
Starter

Member Number: 2600

?Jarrad Page, we?re not at UCLA anymore. You need to wrap.? ?an ESPN commentator, on the Chiefs rookie?s weak attempt at tackling the Steelers? Nate Washington in a 45-7 loss.
wiqidjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:40 PM   #6
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Welcome SteelersWoman! Hope you enjoy SF!!!!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:43 PM   #7
herewegosteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3250

Welcome to the wonderful world of football. & you couldn't have picked a better team to cheer for. I am also a football freak!! "Steelers"freak. I am one of the few females I know who loves watching football. I even went as far as getting a Steelers Tatoo a few years ago. I am a total diehard!
herewegosteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Welcome to the site.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:40 PM   #9
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495
Talking Re: Also an "Ohio" Steelers Fan :D

Welcome SW!
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:41 AM   #10
sk8termom
Water Boy

Member Number: 3368

Hi there - I'm from the Cleveland area. My husband and most of the rest of my family are ardent Clowns fans, so I understand what it's like! (lots of fun!)

Glad to know there are others like me - WELCOME!
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote