Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-19-2006, 12:41 AM   #1
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611
Default Eternal optimist thread #2

Always the optimistic I have to say some good things about tonights game.

QB:
Okay Ben was sick. And there were some dropped passes on the Recievers part (im looking at you Ward). And that won't happen again. Look at this as a rust removal game for Ben. He was gunna have to play a full game at some point. And protecting him wasnt gunna do us a danm bit of good in the long run. Ben will play better next week ! (provided an anvil doesnt fall on his head)!

Our Defense:
Looked good. Larry foot was great. I love that foot stomp. TP is hurt and needs rest up. We held the team to field goals only. I'll take it.

There Defense:
At some point we also need to give the other team credit. There defense was very good and deserves a lot of credit. Yea it sucks but they did a great job on us.

Its just one loss. And we can still go 13-3 Ben will rally and so will the offense!
BRING ON THE BUNGLES!!!!!!!!!

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:59 AM   #2
LambertLunatic
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2563
Default Re: Eternal optimist thread #2

Defense looked great. Special teams didn't give up any big returns. We will have a rust free Ben back for sissynatti. It looks good to me.
LambertLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:20 AM   #3
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Special teams def. looked much better this week, it was a loss to a good team.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:29 AM   #4
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by siss View Post
Always the optimistic I have to say some good things about tonights game.

QB:
Okay Ben was sick. And there were some dropped passes on the Recievers part (im looking at you Ward). And that won't happen again. Look at this as a rust removal game for Ben. He was gunna have to play a full game at some point. And protecting him wasnt gunna do us a danm bit of good in the long run. Ben will play better next week ! (provided an anvil doesnt fall on his head)!

Our Defense:
Looked good. Larry foot was great. I love that foot stomp. TP is hurt and needs rest up. We held the team to field goals only. I'll take it.

There Defense:
At some point we also need to give the other team credit. There defense was very good and deserves a lot of credit. Yea it sucks but they did a great job on us.

Its just one loss. And we can still go 13-3 Ben will rally and so will the offense!
BRING ON THE BUNGLES!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree!!
Larry Foote was smokin'!
Nobody was carted off the field
The Jags played a good game........but they still never crossed the goalline so our D actually showed up for the game
Ben is not pregnant.........yet

Bring on the Bungals!!!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:46 AM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Totally agree!!
Ben is not pregnant.........yet

Bring on the Bungals!!!
I can't believe the stupid things that comes out of the mouths of the announcers!

I think I'm going to make an official plea to the NFL and all broadcasting stations to allow fans in the booth to make the calls and color commentary. But they can't be fans of the teams playing because that could just get as bad as Theisman, Madden, and/or Collinsworth.

The bottom line to last night. Jags played 60 mins of football and beat us!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote