Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-19-2006, 03:11 PM   #21
ROETTI
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3096
Default Re: I knew miami was a fluke for parker ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter07 View Post
Maybe it is our O line ??? I didnt see any holes opened up and they were filled pretty damn fast... Sooo that mean our line is the one who didnt open up any thing for Parker? Tough to run the ball when nothing is there.
I think you hit it dead on. The "O" line got beat last night. This is the first time I've seen them get beat like that in a long time. Bet you rbottom dollar our boys will be out to redeem themselves next week. It's only week 2 guys, no need to throw up any caution flags just yet.

Davenport I think will give us that alternate runner, cause my feeling is HAynes isn't up to the challenge. He definitely didn't look like much of a reciever last night, but then again who did???
ROETTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:15 PM   #22
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

Our O line got beat up ... and i really havnt seen it to that extent in a long time... so NO, i am not buying the Willie Parker isnt a # 1 runner crap... look at Dunn... Willie is twice as big as Dunn and LT isnt a huge back either. Willie is just fine... we just got our butts whooped up front is all, and Ben wasnt able to overcome that with his arm ( i am giving him a pass on this because is start of season and all he has been through ) ... but plain and simple... any blame on this game sits square on the assses of our O LINE ( shit happens sometimes)
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #23
Da Question
Water Boy

Member Number: 2894

ATT YDS TD LG
W. Parker 11 20 0 8

I agree the line had problems, but they just didnt give willie the ball.
11 carries. he is a speed back, capable of breaking big runs, you cant expect big bruns with under 20 carries. As a team we didnt even carry the ball 20 times. The jags took us out of our game and they really played a different type of game then we did against the dolphins. 0 rushing 1st downs. is not our game. plus we lost the T.O.P. battle. jacks just out played us, wore our defense down and kept our offense off the field. next week willie will break 100 again. End of story.. BANDWAGONERS !!!! lol

1st Downs 9 17
Rushing 0 3
Passing 7 13
Penalty 2 1
3rd-Down Conversions 3-13 6-18
4th-Down Conversions 0-1 0-1
Punts-Average 8-44.8 6-41.8
Return Yards 39 88
Punts-Returns 1-3 5-27
Kickoffs-Returns 2-36 1-21
Int.-Returns 1-0 2-40
Penalties-Yards 3-25 10-86
Fumbles-Lost 1-0 1-0
Time Of Pos. 22:35 37:25
Da Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #24
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Question View Post
BANDWAGONERS !!!!
You took the words right out of my mouth. You can add fairweathered and "what have you done for me lately" to those resumes, as well. Absolutely pathetic.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #25
SteelersNationsfl
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1658

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth. You can add fairweathered and "what have you done for me lately" to those resumes, as well. Absolutely pathetic.
Awesome! I was looking for more ways to say that and you summed it up for me.
SteelersNationsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:21 PM   #26
blackngoldbaby
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamix View Post
Was it just me or did Parker have room to the outside sometimes and chose to cut in and get tackled right away?
Yeah I saw that as well too.
blackngoldbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #27
Da Question
Water Boy

Member Number: 2894

that the first thing that came to mind, If you dont believe in your team you must be on the band wagon.
there isnt a runner in the league who hasnt had a bad running game. the greatest ever been shut out. In my opinon walter payton and barry sanders best runners ever and i seen them get stopped before too, doesnt make them a fluke.
Da Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #28
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

willie had no room, u guys are crazy
Old 09-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #29
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

i can't believe this ... i posted this thread last night with even a side note explaining that this was in no way at all giving up on the running game, let alone the season for that matter ... I haven't liked parker from the start ... so he had a few flashy games last year and caught a backup safety out of position for a long SB run ... whoopdy freaking doo ... he couldnt even SPELL the word consistency let alone translate that to some sort of production on the field against even a halfway decent opponent ... and right now through two games parker has a 3.4 average ... zero TD's ... and only 1 run over 10 yards ... some gamebreaker he is there ... and don't forget that almost all his yards came against a miami defense that has looked not so impressive ... just like houston,tennessee,cleveland,cincy and minnesotas defense last year (the 5 games where he racked up about 2/3rds of his total yards then averaged like 45 yards a game after taht ... pathetic)

C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y

here's to michael bush in 2007 to hopefully get together something like Denver had last year w/bell and anderson ... bush and parker
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #30
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
i can't believe this ... i posted this thread last night with even a side note explaining that this was in no way at all giving up on the running game, let alone the season for that matter ... I haven't liked parker from the start ... so he had a few flashy games last year and caught a backup safety out of position for a long SB run ... whoopdy freaking doo ... he couldnt even SPELL the word consistency let alone translate that to some sort of production on the field against even a halfway decent opponent ... and right now through two games parker has a 3.4 average ... zero TD's ... and only 1 run over 10 yards ... some gamebreaker he is there ... and don't forget that almost all his yards came against a miami defense that has looked not so impressive ... just like houston,tennessee,cleveland,cincy and minnesotas defense last year (the 5 games where he racked up about 2/3rds of his total yards then averaged like 45 yards a game after taht ... pathetic)

C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y

here's to michael bush in 2007 to hopefully get together something like Denver had last year w/bell and anderson ... bush and parker
I already replied to your post earlier, but I see everybody is getting on you -- the Steelers are going to kick ass this year -- but Parker is suspect - I don't know why more fans or coaches for that matter don't see it -- right now I see Parker as a change of pace back that can come in and give you a big play and maybe even a few 100 yard games -- but he has not been the consisitent every down back the Steelers need for their philosophy to work --- I have nothing but love for my Steelers for 30 years now and I will never jump off the band wagon!!! -- I hope MR Parker proves me wrong -- my prediction even with Parker struggling is a 12-4/11-5 season because the Steelers are that good of a team and organization -- always have been...
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote