Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #1
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 792
Default When did this place turn into a Detroit Lions forum?

I have been reading some threads about last nights game and man, you guys sound like Lions fans on here. Some are already panicking and getting all worried about the state of the defense and offense....just like the Lions fans do, but they have a point because the Lions suck.

First off, Ben was afraid to take hits last night and he couldn't scramble, which was needed.

Secondly, Ben, because of his injuries and illness, played terrible and was throwing the ball high all day long and leaving his WR's out to take big hits.

Third, the D played fine. Give credit to the Jags O-line that were blocking like champions, man. The Steelers would bring multiple guys and they would block them all.

Fourth, the Jags D took away the running game completely. Give 'em credit, they are a very good defense. So, they made the Steelers one-dimension, put Ben at about 70% health, and you have a 9-0 loss to the Jags.

They will be fine. Relax.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
pucho58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1737
Default Re: When did this place turn into a Detroit Lions forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow View Post
I have been reading some threads about last nights game and man, you guys sound like Lions fans on here. Some are already panicking and getting all worried about the state of the defense and offense....just like the Lions fans do, but they have a point because the Lions suck.

First off, Ben was afraid to take hits last night and he couldn't scramble, which was needed.

Secondly, Ben, because of his injuries and illness, played terrible and was throwing the ball high all day long and leaving his WR's out to take big hits.

Third, the D played fine. Give credit to the Jags O-line that were blocking like champions, man. The Steelers would bring multiple guys and they would block them all.

Fourth, the Jags D took away the running game completely. Give 'em credit, they are a very good defense. So, they made the Steelers one-dimension, put Ben at about 70% health, and you have a 9-0 loss to the Jags.

pucho58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:

Amen!!!
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
Da Question
Water Boy

Member Number: 2894

Damn those rb's for Jags picked up our blitz better then neone. AGREED we will be back by next week. Win or lose I never throw in the terrible towel.
Da Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:03 PM   #5
SteelersNationsfl
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1658

Thank you for posting this topic. I totally agree with you 100% and I think we just had a bad night last night. Give credit to the Jags where it is due because they played a helluva game last night on D. Give credit for not getting blown out evenmore to our D. because they only allowed 9 points or 3 field goals. They were out there a lot last night. I was sitting there thinking lets get the D off the feild, then we went "3 and out" and the defense came back on the field. I was really hoping for an INT for a touchdown to get things going but, we never got anything going on offense.

We had a bad game, the jags played an awesome game "on defense". I would like to see how they will fair against the Colts next week because, they are going to have to put up a lot more points than that to win. But, good luck to them.
SteelersNationsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #6
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

ageed, not panic mode yet...if we lose to the bengals ill get a little worried but its so early
Old 09-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

If people would only remember that at the 12 game mark last season, the Steelers had a record of 7-5 and things were looking pretty dim. No need to go into what transpired after that.

From the infamous words of Bluto (Animal House)......

"Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? LET'S DO IT!"

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #8
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #9
wadester47
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2745

can i get an amen from the people in the back, ps how did you get me college picture from last year!!!
wadester47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #10
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

What's all the complaints. Remmber, IT'S ONLY WEEK 2! Their is still 14 more games to be played.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote