Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 09-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #1
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Well after reading some of the posts on this site today. I must say it shocks me that some are giving up on the season after one game. Yes it was a horrible performance by our entire offense. But its one freaking game and we did face a team that was 12-4 last year. Not to mention in a stadium were we have never won in the month of September. One thing to add also is the Jags defense is really good. We did make them look like the Steel Curtain last night. But anyway here is my take on last night game.

The Good-Which there wasn't alot. But major props to our entire defense. Those guys played their hearts on D. I felt so bad for them last night. They did everything they could to keep us in that game.

The Bad-The starting offensive line. I like our O-line. But no more talk about this unit as the best Oline in the NFL. I thought they played poorly last night. I know the Jags Dline is very good. But they are very overrated as a unit. If you want to be an elite offensive line you have to dominate some of the better Dlines from time to time. The Jags defensive line like last year dominated our offensive line. I like Max Starks but for a guy his size. He should dominate more.

The Ugly-Ben Roethlisberger. I'm not shocked that he stunk so bad last night. It was expected. But that was an ugly performance. He had no rythem all game. Its alright Big Ben. Just bounce back next week.

The bottom line. I give the Jags major credit. They out played us and punched us in the mouth. For all the talk of us being the most physical team in the NFL. The Jags beat us at our own game. Its only one game and its still early. If any fans have any doubt or want to throw in the Terrible Towel. Then please don't post here. Even if this team doesn't make the playoffs. They are still my team. Which its way early to even talk playoffs.

P.S. memo to Bill Cowher. How about dressing Willie Reid next game? Both Colclough and Holmes are not looking to good on punt returns. For all the talk about this guy replacing Randle El as the punt returner. He should be active for the games.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875
Default Re: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Great post BGF32!!!! Go Steelers.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:46 PM   #3
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I have to agree. I have seen a lot of people think it is over already. Heck that was game 2. There are 14 more left in this season. The Steelers will get their stuff together and come out strong against the Bengals.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #4
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

The Steelers always manage to play one UGLY UGLY game a year and hopefully that was it. Now moving on to next Sunday.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
Da Question
Water Boy

Member Number: 2894

I couldnt imagine the season being over after week 2,
must be all the bandwagoners lol....
Im making a predictions after week 2 we gonna end up 13-3 division champs .... GO STEELERS.................
Da Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:53 PM   #6
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

I KNOW IVE SAID STUFF TODAY BUT I AGREE WITH MOST OF WHAT U SAID. WHEN EVERYONE SAYS WE HAVE THE BEST LINE IT IS BECAUSE WE HAVE A VERY BALANCED LINE, WE ARENT LIKE THE 05 SEAHAWKS WHERE THE LEFT SIDE OR RIGHT SIDE IS DOMINATE. WE HAVE A GRADE A LINE THAT FELL APART, I BELIEVE THAT WE EITHER DRAFT A STRONG GUARD TO TAKE PLACE OF SIMMONS OR A POWER BACK.CHRIS KOMEATU IS NOT THE ANSWER, I BELIEVE A USC LINEMAN IN THE FIRST ROUND WILL BE OUR CHOICE.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:58 PM   #7
Lambertfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 914

I take it one play at a time,one game at a time...When was the last time Ben had played in a real game? The defense was out there all nite and NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gave up a touchdown...Hats off to our D!!!!!!!! We lost 9-0 not 100-0
He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983)
Lambertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #8
Da Question
Water Boy

Member Number: 2894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambertfan View Post
I take it one play at a time,one game at a time...When was the last time Ben had played in a real game? The defense was out there all nite and NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gave up a touchdown...Hats off to our D!!!!!!!! We lost 9-0 not 100-0

to the D
3 fgs plus the jags were always in good field position,
Da Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #9
SteelersNationsfl
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1658

Yeah I think out Defense deserves a heap load of credit and then some.

Time Of Pos.22:3537:25
Our Defense was out there for almost 40 minutes in a game. I would say for the amount of time they were out there that they did an awesome job last night. We certainly could have lost 35-0 or something to that tune but, the defense in spite of no offensive production NEVER gave up. They didn't give up once.

Yeah I saw a lot of frustraited faces on Offense. I didn't see one frustraited face on defense. We'll be just fine.

That is the type of game that the steelers need once in a while to realize what can go wrong on offense and how they can fix it.

I mean we were what 7-5 with 4 games left last year. I was a lurker here at that point and wow there were a lot of people saying we couldn't do it, season over and general stuff like that.

We'll be back next week.
SteelersNationsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,014 Times in 3,427 Posts

good thread. im thinking this game will serve as a wake up call to the team AND coaches. it better. if were gonna struggle against good defenses, we better take a hard look at:
ravens x 2
san diego
atlanta
carolina

on our schedule
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote