Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-19-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default BIG BENJIMEN

WOW, BEN........HIS THROWS WERE OFF. THE MATHIS INTERCEPTION WAS WAAAAY LEFT. I LOVE BEN AS OUR QB BUT BATCH SHOULD OF PLAYED THE LAST 1.5-2 QUARTERS. 0 POINTS.....R U SERIOUS, I WOULD OF TOOKEN ST PIERRE INSTEAD OF BEN. HE MADE HORRIBLE DECESIONS AND WORSE THROWS.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:10 PM   #2
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089
Default Re: BIG BENJIMEN

The guy hasn't played a full game in seven months, and is recovering from several major incidents. I'll agree that I'm not 110% sure it was wise to have him start this game, but once he has, would you really risk jeopardizing his confidence by pulling him half way through? Then we've got long-term problems... Besides, better to have him get used to the pace and taking the hits now then against a divisional opponent next week...

C'mon, Roethlisberger has done more than enough to earn our trust in the past few years...let's continue that faith. Everyone has bad days, and it isn't hard to imagine having one after the few months that he has...he's still Big Ben, our team is still the Pittsburgh Steelers, and there's nothing to indicate that they're planning on calling our faith into question anytime soon.

-DJ
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
19ward86
Head Coach

I RESPECT HIM FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE BUT IT IS MORE ABOUT "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY?" HE NEEDED TO PLAY BUT NOT FOR THE WHOLE GAME.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #4
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Would you rather him come back next week and play the same way and loose to a division opponent?
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:38 PM   #5
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

He had to come back sometime and knock the rust off. I would prefer it be the Jacksonville game then against the Bengals who are a division opponent.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:38 PM   #6
19ward86
Head Coach

NO, THAT IS WHY I SAID HE SHOULD OF STARTED 2 MAYBE 3 QUARTERS INSTEAD OF ALL.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #7
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I think he was fine with all of them. Sure wasn't the best game, but it's not like our OL, running game, or even WR's were playing much better. Also please lose the all caps.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:46 PM   #8
Da Question
Water Boy

Member Number: 2894

I felt like that game was a rust game, almost a gimme game, start ben, get him some throws, give him some opportunites to win and if we lose, better jacksonville then a division game like cinc. willie only carried the ball what 10-15 times tops. Get ben ready for a long season in front of us with more important games (division) in my opinion we should have started batch, but bens got to get the rust out somewhere, better sooner then later when it could count.
Da Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #9
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66

After having his jaw wired shut then another surgery that surely resulted in living on hospital food for a couple days he has lost a lot of wieght. And with that comes losing strength. He may never be back this year to the size and strength he was last year. I think you could see that in his throws. Not a lot of zip on them and he seemed to use more body and less arm. That changes the mechanics and accuracy.
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
WOW, BEN........HIS THROWS WERE OFF. THE MATHIS INTERCEPTION WAS WAAAAY LEFT. I LOVE BEN AS OUR QB BUT BATCH SHOULD OF PLAYED THE LAST 1.5-2 QUARTERS. 0 POINTS.....R U SERIOUS, I WOULD OF TOOKEN ST PIERRE INSTEAD OF BEN. HE MADE HORRIBLE DECESIONS AND WORSE THROWS.
Seriously, 19ward - let me ask you something here. Would you be able to perform at 100% at your job if you had experienced a broken jaw,, facial fractures, a 10 hour surgery to repair those fractures and an emergency appendectomy all within the span of 90 days? Believe me - I more than the average Jane understand Ben's determination to get back in and do the job he is being paid to do - a job he truly loves and excels at. Yes - he had a temp of 104 earlier in the day and didn't play all that well, but neither did the rest of the O or the OL. You win as a team and you also lose as a team. As I said in a prior post in another thread, I don't think there are too many other NFL QBs out there who could have penetrated that Jags' defense last night. They were that good.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote