Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-22-2006, 04:03 PM   #21
SteelersNationsfl
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1658
Default Re: LIVIN IN OHIO SUCKS

This is an awesome thread and I'm sorry you have to go through that crap.

P.S. It could be worse... You could be a Bengals Fan living in Ohio.
SteelersNationsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:50 PM   #22
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

living in Ohio isn't that bad, but I know what you mean about the Bengal and Browns fans. The worst part about the Bengalsis there weren't many around until aout 2 or 3 yrs. ago and now they are everywhere and act like they are the best team ever. Sorry....it takes more than one playoff apperance in 15 years. They are extremely jealous of the Steelers and why not, we have had success over the years and our fans are always there everywhere you go! In Dayton Ohio there are about atleast 10 bars that pride themselves in being Steelers bars, and the ones that aren't are invaded by Steeler fans every weekend.
THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US AND THEM...IS WE KNOW HOW TO WIN, THAT IS SOMETHING THEY ARE STILL FIGURING OUT HOW TO DO.
It's funny in the past 2 yrs. the Steelers are 4-1 against the Bengals and in all of our wins I have never really said anything, but they get one win against us and my phone doesn't stop ringing and they won't leave it alone. Typical, but oh well.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:57 PM   #23
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 2221

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
It's funny in the past 2 yrs. the Steelers are 4-1 against the Bengals and in all of our wins I have never really said anything, but they get one win against us and my phone doesn't stop ringing and they won't leave it alone. Typical, but oh well.
Yeah, and now everyone wants to bet me money on the game. I cant remember the last time a bengal fan took my bet...let alone wanted to bet me. Such high rollers!
Old 09-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #24
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanjoecoop View Post
Yeah, and now everyone wants to bet me money on the game. I cant remember the last time a bengal fan took my bet...let alone wanted to bet me. Such high rollers!
true, but I have found that they don't always follow through when they lose....instead they just come up with excuses as to why they lost.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #25
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

If only they would all learn...

Nothing says football like STEELERS NATION!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:27 PM   #26
Marvin_for_prez
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 736

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanjoecoop View Post
What boggles me is that up until 18 months ago there werent any. Fair weather fans I guess...
Of course you're right. Up until 18 months ago there weren't ANY Bengals fans in Ohio.
And ALL Bengals fans behave exactly the same way.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #27
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin_for_prez View Post
Of course you're right. Up until 18 months ago there weren't ANY Bengals fans in Ohio.
And ALL Bengals fans behave exactly the same way.
There were't many and you have to admit that! Hell, it was all Steelers and Browns things in the stores that sold NFL merchandise in Dayton and Cincinnati. You might find a few things in the back. No one said every single Bengal fan is band wagon, but there is a reason you guys were never on TV around here...BLACKOUTS!!!! I do know a couple people that were true fans even in the bad times, but now all these fans have jumped on this bandwagon like they suffered with the true ones and that's crap and you know it unless you are in complete denail
Old 09-23-2006, 04:40 AM   #28
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665

yeah it really must suck livin were u have nothing but bungal and clowns fans, thank god i live here in LA, were we have faider fanswhich they have nothing 2 talk about.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:56 AM   #29
Marvin_for_prez
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 736

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7 View Post
There were't many and you have to admit that! Hell, it was all Steelers and Browns things in the stores that sold NFL merchandise in Dayton and Cincinnati. You might find a few things in the back. No one said every single Bengal fan is band wagon, but there is a reason you guys were never on TV around here...BLACKOUTS!!!! I do know a couple people that were true fans even in the bad times, but now all these fans have jumped on this bandwagon like they suffered with the true ones and that's crap and you know it unless you are in complete denail
Any team that experiences success has it's share of bandwagon fans. Of course it happens that way. I'm not trying to say that it doesn't. As a Steelers fan, you should be acutely aware of this. Your team just won a Super Bowl. You have frontrunners in your midst as well.
He was saying that there weren't ANY Bengals fans until 18 months ago. I was pointing out that the generalizations that he was using were making him look foolish, that's all.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:14 AM   #30
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin_for_prez View Post
Any team that experiences success has it's share of bandwagon fans. Of course it happens that way. I'm not trying to say that it doesn't. As a Steelers fan, you should be acutely aware of this. Your team just won a Super Bowl. You have frontrunners in your midst as well.
He was saying that there weren't ANY Bengals fans until 18 months ago. I was pointing out that the generalizations that he was using were making him look foolish, that's all.
Of course any team with success attracts the bandwagoners, however the difference is the Steelers have had a steady fan base and very visable one since before I was born, and living in Dayton, OH I know the Bengals have not. You also have to understand that it's pretty hard to respect most Bengals fans with how much crap they talk now that they have jump on board. Again, I am not saying everyone, but I will go as far as saying a majority of them!