Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-23-2006, 10:23 AM   #31
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: LIVIN IN OHIO SUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7 View Post
Of course any team with success attracts the bandwagoners, however the difference is the Steelers have had a steady fan base and very visable one since before I was born, and living in Dayton, OH I know the Bengals have not.
The Steelers organization has also been a traditionally successful program while the Bengals has not. Give a team 15 straight losing seasons and you'll see any fan-base dwindle.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:36 AM   #32
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495
Talking Re: LIVIN IN OHIO SUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7 View Post
living in Ohio isn't that bad,
I don't know about that. I spent two years at Bowling Green and the wind drove me crazy! Not to mention that it's so flat that you drive for miles and miles looking at nothing but corn stalks along the road. Ohio is like a flat version of PA, and quite honestly other than the Steelers, PA isn't anything to write home about.
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #33
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495
Talking Re: LIVIN IN OHIO SUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu43 View Post
yeah it really must suck livin were u have nothing but bungal and clowns fans, thank god i live here in LA, were we have faider fanswhich they have nothing 2 talk about.
Yeah, but LA weather is great!
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:42 AM   #34
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysta View Post
I don't know about that. I spent two years at Bowling Green and the wind drove me crazy! Not to mention that it's so flat that you drive for miles and miles looking at nothing but corn stalks along the road. Ohio is like a flat version of PA, and quite honestly other than the Steelers, PA isn't anything to write home about.
Yes, there are other places I would rather be and I didn't say it was a wonderful place. However, my family and life is here, and it does have some good things about it.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:29 AM   #35
Person A and not B
Water Boy

Member Number: 3076

Yes. It does suck living in ohio. Oh my, I am dreading going to work tomorrow. The game will be on and if we lose I will NEVER hear the end of it. They even have started buying Bengals Mylar baloons. How disgusting. These kids I work with talk about how they were fans a long time ago, but I've known them for four years and they never liked football at all. Like 98% of current bengals fans, they were like "OMFG the Bengals have a winning record!!! I am so glad I have been a fan for 20 of the 17 years I have been alive!!" haa I know I put 20 before 17 by the way.

Oh, and the owner said something about working sunday and I said "Yeah but I won't be focusing because I'll be listening to the game." and he says "Yeah, its a big game.. who do you play? The steelers?" I just laughed and said "Well, its not a big deal, but we're going to beat the bungles like usual."

I'll definately be bringing my jersey to work just incase those kids decide to wear jerseys. haa.

Oh, and I heard someone yell who dey earlier from their pick-up truck to another pick-up truck with bengals stuff on it, so when we were passing them I said yelled "who dey, who dey, we dey gonna beat dem bengals!" They didn't look so happy. lol.

For all its worth, Browns fans around here are actually really cool. We actually bond on our hatred for the Been-gals and the hermaphrodites that started loving them last year. I can actually cheer the browns on, because they cheer us on. Atleast the guys I know.. lol. We're hoping the Browns beat the ravens so the AFC will be closer. You can't ignore the fact that the browns definately helped us last week by roughing the girls around a bit. Besides, I got a real cheap laugh out of a few browns fans calling Chad Johnson a stupid mfing N-word at a local outdoor mall during Browns-bengals week. He was making fun of the browns real loud, barking like a retard. Man that was funny, the look on his face.. it said "What?! I AM JESUS WHY DO YOU HATE ME?! I cry now."
Person A and not B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:17 AM   #36
Marvin_for_prez
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person A and not B View Post
Yes. It does suck living in ohio. Oh my, I am dreading going to work tomorrow. The game will be on and if we lose I will NEVER hear the end of it. They even have started buying Bengals Mylar baloons. How disgusting. These kids I work with talk about how they were fans a long time ago, but I've known them for four years and they never liked football at all. Like 98% of current bengals fans, they were like "OMFG the Bengals have a winning record!!! I am so glad I have been a fan for 20 of the 17 years I have been alive!!" haa I know I put 20 before 17 by the way.

Oh, and the owner said something about working sunday and I said "Yeah but I won't be focusing because I'll be listening to the game." and he says "Yeah, its a big game.. who do you play? The steelers?" I just laughed and said "Well, its not a big deal, but we're going to beat the bungles like usual."

I'll definately be bringing my jersey to work just incase those kids decide to wear jerseys. haa.

Oh, and I heard someone yell who dey earlier from their pick-up truck to another pick-up truck with bengals stuff on it, so when we were passing them I said yelled "who dey, who dey, we dey gonna beat dem bengals!" They didn't look so happy. lol.

For all its worth, Browns fans around here are actually really cool. We actually bond on our hatred for the Been-gals and the hermaphrodites that started loving them last year. I can actually cheer the browns on, because they cheer us on. Atleast the guys I know.. lol. We're hoping the Browns beat the ravens so the AFC will be closer. You can't ignore the fact that the browns definately helped us last week by roughing the girls around a bit. Besides, I got a real cheap laugh out of a few browns fans calling Chad Johnson a stupid mfing N-word at a local outdoor mall during Browns-bengals week. He was making fun of the browns real loud, barking like a retard. Man that was funny, the look on his face.. it said "What?! I AM JESUS WHY DO YOU HATE ME?! I cry now."
Way to go. You're cool.