Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #11
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305
Default Re: Today, I'm relieved Ben played.

and back to the Big Ben playing the game ...

Hell yes, Ben wanted to play... you let him play .. PERIOD. I dont think it is such an aweful thing that we got beat up a little last night... I mean could our offense really have played much more poorly and we still only lost 9 -0 ??? I mean seriously, we should not even have been in the game the way the offense played.. the score should have been around 28-0 or 35 -0 as often as we punted and the field position we kept giving them.
So Ben played and pretty much didnt get it done, the line didnt help him any or do him any favors. Maybe the taste of defeat after such as awesome run we had and got used to is something we needed to wake us up a little bit... BUt after everything Ben has been through... was really good i thought just to see him out on the field, taking some hits, getting the feel for the game back..
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:30 AM   #12
70c10
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1866

Ben will look alot better next time.
70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #13
Woogie
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter07 View Post
and back to the Big Ben playing the game ...

Hell yes, Ben wanted to play... you let him play .. PERIOD. I dont think it is such an aweful thing that we got beat up a little last night... I mean could our offense really have played much more poorly and we still only lost 9 -0 ??? I mean seriously, we should not even have been in the game the way the offense played.. the score should have been around 28-0 or 35 -0 as often as we punted and the field position we kept giving them.
So Ben played and pretty much didnt get it done, the line didnt help him any or do him any favors. Maybe the taste of defeat after such as awesome run we had and got used to is something we needed to wake us up a little bit... BUt after everything Ben has been through... was really good i thought just to see him out on the field, taking some hits, getting the feel for the game back..
I so agree with you! I've been telling my co-workers (since after the game) that I would have much rather lost this game than many of the others coming up. This game is behind us. We got that first loss post-SB out of the way. Yeah, I would have liked to have won, but I'm relieved in (an albeit sick way) that it's over with, and Ben got through his first full game.
Woogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:43 PM   #14
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
I am glad he played because in the game he knocked off the rust.I'd rather have Jax help him knock it off than a Cincinatti team that has a score to settle and will probally be pushing the limits of roughing the passer next week.
On that note..I am sure that Cowher had to determine.."do I knock Bens rust off in this game or in the divisional game next week"...either way Cowher had to think that we may possibly lose Bens first game back. I say GOOD CALL...give me a win with Ben and Davenport next week !!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:52 PM   #15
ROETTI
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3096

Plus he was able to take some pretty good hits without problems. We need to chalk that up to a bad game plain and simple, this SUnday will be much different.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:01 PM   #16
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Not to go to far off track here, but I'm a pretty big golfer and I will tell you that the best rounds of golf I've ever had were ones that came after some of the worst rounds I've played. When you play bad it makes you focus and prepair that much more. So with using that logic, I see Ben as well as the team playing much better then they did Monday.