Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403
Default Revenge Game Looms for Bengals' Palmer

Happened upon this MSNBC commentary by Bill Williamson, which was posted yesterday:

"Carson Palmer didn?t like the Pittsburgh Steelers going into last January?s playoff game between his upstart Cincinnati Bengals and the perennially tough Steel Towners.

When his and the Bengals? season ended with him being carted off in the early stages of Cincinnati?s attempt to unseat the Steelers as the shot callers of the AFC North, Palmer really had a thing for the Steelers.

When Palmer was beginning his long rehabilitation from a torn ACL, forced to stay home and watch Pittsburgh Super Bowl love jammed down his throat, he began to downright loathe the Steelers.

That?s why this week's game is going to be so much fun.

Palmer admits his disdain for the Steelers. For being so good, for ending his season, for causing him an offseason of pain. For being the best.

Now, it?s Palmer?s turn to shove football down the Steelers throats. Think the kid ? developing into one of the smoothest, clutch quarterbacks in the game ? is going let this chance go to waste? They may have to cart Palmer off the field again before he lets this opportunity pass.

In what will be the best pure football moment of the young NFL season ? sorry, made-for-TV Manning Bowl ? Palmer leads the Bengals into Pittsburgh on Sunday for a game that could change the season in the AFC North.

If Palmer and the Bengals exploit Pittsburgh?s excellent pass defense, it will show the Steelers two things. One, that Palmer is healthy and not mentally affected from his injury last year in the playoffs. Palmer will have shown the Steelers that he is not afraid of them. He?d likely still be disgusted by them, but not afraid.

Also, a Cincinnati win would show the Steelers that the Bengals are indeed the team to beat in the division. Just like everyone thought, if Palmer were healthy.

It could be a big day for Palmer against the team that makes him ill.

But if the Steelers shut down Palmer and his offensive weaponry, then it will get into Palmer?s head that he still can?t beat the Steelers healthy or otherwise. It could adversely affect Palmer and his team all season long.

This game means a lot. And win or lose, don?t expect Palmer?s feelings for the Steelers to change."

If ever a game was a "must win," this Sunday is it. Lose to the Bengals at home....well, to paraphrase what I saw in another article today, if that happens, Pittsburgh had better guard its bridges. Go Stillers!!!!
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:23 PM   #2
SteelersNationsfl
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1658
Default Re: Revenge Game Looms for Bengals' Palmer

Palmer Loathes the Steelers? I'm mean i'm sure its ok that someone from another team not like another team. But, to go to the extreme as to say hate or loathe... I think that is a bit far. I hope that Palmer comes into town on Sunday and has one of the worst games of his career. He will not be liked in Pittsburgh because of this article.

Just one more reason for you people in Pittsburgh to scream your heads off on Sunday.

I will be screaming down here in florida with my uncle at a bar which will probably have Bengals fans in it. Who cares they can loathe me if they want to also.
SteelersNationsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

It's well known that he admittedly hates the Steelers. Let's just hope we can send him home crying with anger.
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Blah Blah -- everybody loathes the Steelers because we're World Champs -- everybody's going to make this some big emotional thing for Palmer -- he won't have flashbacks until he has to play the Jets and he sees Kimo rolling towards him on a pass rush -- that's the way it always has been -- I remember in the 70s -- the raiders were so jealous of the Steelers and hated them so much - they would routinely take blatant cheap shots
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:33 PM   #5
WhoIsMattJones?
Water Boy

Member Number: 3092

i really really hope u guys destroy the bungles i HATE that team and cry baby carson palmer. ill b rooting for u guys this sunday 2 roll over the bungles and there clown uniforms..
Old 09-20-2006, 07:22 PM   #6
wiqidjuggalo
Starter

Member Number: 2600

Hate us or Love us we dont really care... WE ARE STEELER NATION and we are growing stronger one member at a time!!!! the bung-holes are gonna have a rough time protecting palmer since their main starting center is out with a broken neck and i highly doubt their replacement will be able to stop thr BIG NASTY D!!!!

?Jarrad Page, we?re not at UCLA anymore. You need to wrap.? ?an ESPN commentator, on the Chiefs rookie?s weak attempt at tackling the Steelers? Nate Washington in a 45-7 loss.
wiqidjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #7
SteelersNationsfl
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsMattJones? View Post
i really really hope u guys destroy the bungles i HATE that team and cry baby carson palmer. ill b rooting for u guys this sunday 2 roll over the bungles and there clown uniforms..
We hope to do that too... Thanks for not coming in here and being a "insert bad words here". I hope we roll over the bungle clowns also.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #8
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I hope Carson watched that Indy game from last REAL close........so he knows exactly how to suck on the turf.

I'm coming out of the closet...........I HATE THE BENGALS.

There. I feel much better now.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:04 PM   #9
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

I hate and lothe the Bengals and Ravens .. not out of jealousy as it is for Palmer... but because i dont like anything about them I hate thier players, coaches, uniforms, ect ect which is how a rivalry should be.. One game doesnt mean shitt.. so either way is not a make or break game.. we still play them at least two and maybe 3 times a year .. but to hopefully watch them sack Palmer a bunch of times and to see Johnson helmet come off a few more would definately make my day.. I am suprised they didnt make that a Monday night game.
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:30 PM   #10
SteelersNationsfl
Draft Prospect

Here is a thread from those classy fans of Cinci... where? Makes me sick that anyone would even take time to do any of this.

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.ph...pic=16401&st=0