Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-22-2006, 02:29 PM   #11
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default Re: Holmes Out/Reid In On Sunday?

i want to see reid on kickoffs, 95yd TD
Old 09-22-2006, 02:30 PM   #12
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Just give us some production!
Old 09-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #13
dSharp
Water Boy

Member Number: 2302

Good take, LITP. I swear, to me, the most annoying "second-guessing" or complaining that's been going on in Steeler-Country is the whole Holmes situation.

I watched alot of Big Ten football the last few years, and if Santonio can come around and get things down, he will be nasty.

The thing that people have to really look at is one of the things that the Steelers and their fans are proud of. We build through the draft.. we teach players our system.. we develop our own stars, for the most part. Some people need to shut up, quit bitching and remember that.

It's not like Santonio is a starter opposite Hines and he's not producing #2 numbers. He's the freakin 4th wideout people!!!!!!!!!!!

Not everyone is going to be the made to order, perfect fit, instant production type of rookie. Most wideouts need at least 1 year in a system to get it down and get used to the NFL, period. The fact that they kept Holmes and Reid over Morgan SHOULD SUGGEST that they showed more potential and were worth keeping over Morgan for that 4th and 5th spot.

I think on opening day I heard that out of 32 teams, only 1 rookie actually started. One.

Give these players a chance to get their feet wet, they are in good hands, and I'm giddy just thinking about what they could become.

The whole instant gratification syndrome that has swept through the NFL lately is ****ing annoying.
dSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:17 PM   #14
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

I am just speculating here but, maybe they(Steelers FO) are looking to develop those two(Reid,Holmes). In the mean time if Cedrick or Nate have a great year one of those guys could be trade bait for next year. Now I am not really sure of either of those guys' contract situation, but if you can trade one of those for another 3rd round pick and still have Holmes and Reid waiting in the wings, that could be a huge advantage come draft day.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:18 PM   #15
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by dSharp View Post
Good take, LITP. I swear, to me, the most annoying "second-guessing" or complaining that's been going on in Steeler-Country is the whole Holmes situation.

I watched alot of Big Ten football the last few years, and if Santonio can come around and get things down, he will be nasty.

The thing that people have to really look at is one of the things that the Steelers and their fans are proud of. We build through the draft.. we teach players our system.. we develop our own stars, for the most part. Some people need to shut up, quit bitching and remember that.

It's not like Santonio is a starter opposite Hines and he's not producing #2 numbers. He's the freakin 4th wideout people!!!!!!!!!!!

Not everyone is going to be the made to order, perfect fit, instant production type of rookie. Most wideouts need at least 1 year in a system to get it down and get used to the NFL, period. The fact that they kept Holmes and Reid over Morgan SHOULD SUGGEST that they showed more potential and were worth keeping over Morgan for that 4th and 5th spot.

I think on opening day I heard that out of 32 teams, only 1 rookie actually started. One.

Give these players a chance to get their feet wet, they are in good hands, and I'm giddy just thinking about what they could become.

The whole instant gratification syndrome that has swept through the NFL lately is ****ing annoying.
If your going to come hard at people, you better have your facts correct!
Old 09-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #16
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
From this morning's P-G:

Rookie wide receiver Santonio Holmes did not practice for the second day in a row because of inflammation on the arch of his foot and will not play against the Bengals if he doesn't practice today.

Cowher said Holmes does not have a stress fracture, but he is unable to cut and push off when he runs. If Holmes doesn't play, Cowher said No. 3 draft pick Willie Reid will be active for the first time this season and likely will return kickoffs and punts along with Ricardo Colclough.

I am not deluding myself that Davenport and Reid will play like All-Pros if given a chance, but the power running game and return game need a boost - I am interested in seeing what Reid may bring and hope he is active on Sunday.

That's what I want to see. I want to see what Reid has.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #17
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

The way things are looking on Special Teams I would have kept Quincy Morgan and Chidi Iwuoma over Colclough and "Not So Special Teams Ace" Sean Morey.

Letting Morgan and Iwouma go are two Bonehead moves that are going bite the Steelers in the ass.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #18
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
The way things are looking on Special Teams I would have kept Quincy Morgan and Chidi Iwuoma over Colclough and "Not So Special Teams Ace" Sean Morey.

Letting Morgan and Iwouma go are two Bonehead moves that are going bite the Steelers in the ass.

I hear ya!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:37 PM   #19
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

well Iwuoma wasnt very good in pass coverage so you cant really take Coclough out cause he is needed... now i will agree with keeping Morgan over Morey... i have been outspoken about that ...

But back to Holmes, very few rookies show much in the first year. He will make mistakes and I dont see where Steelers fans should be expecting alot from him anyway. He needs more time to learn the system and reads ( him and Ben have to get used to each other to get on same page ... and Ben wasnt exactly available this summer ) .. I watch alot of Big 10 football and Holmes is a player. No doubt in my mind that he will be a good player for this team in time.
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:55 PM   #20
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

This buddy of mine is playing an opponent neither of us like, and his WRs are weak & on bye this week, so he needed another. Someone cut Santonio, and since he's a huge OSU fan, he picked him up on my recommendation. (I think he's due for a great return or two soon.) Then the news about the injury, so I told him I'd keep him informed. Reid is still available for him in the case Holmes doesn't play. Return yards add up fast in FF.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote