Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2006, 04:36 AM   #1
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Ohio Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Westerville, Ohio now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
Posts: 1,821
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Please No

Starbucks to Raise Coffee Drinks Prices

By ALLISON LINN
AP Business Writer
Published September 22, 2006, 3:44 PM CDT

SEATTLE -- Got three bucks? That and a nickel will buy you a coffee drink at Starbucks.

Starbucks Corp. said Thursday that it planned to raise prices of its lattes, cappuccinos, drip coffee and other drinks by 5 cents, or an average of 1.9 percent.

The increase, which goes into effect Oct. 3 at all company-operated stores in the U.S. and Canada, will mark the first time the company has boosted drink prices in two years.

Starbucks also is increasing the price of its coffee beans by about 50 cents per pound, or an average of 3.9 percent. That's the first price increase for whole beans in nine years, spokeswoman Valerie O'Neil said.

Starbucks isn't raising prices on the prepared drinks it sells in refrigerated cases.

O'Neil said the company decided to charge more because costs, including fuel and energy, are going up.

"It's not one specific thing. It's part of our ongoing evaluation of business costs," O'Neil said.

Starbucks' pricing varies based on the market, but the 5-cent price increase will be across the board, regardless of drink or part of the country, O'Neil said.

Currently, a tall, or 12-ounce, cup of Starbucks coffee costs between $1.40 and $1.65. Twelve-ounce lattes cost between $2.40 and $3.10, depending on the market, and a tall mocha costs between $2.70 and $3.40.

Seattle-based Starbucks had 8,624 stores in the United States as of Aug. 30, about 5,500 of which are company-operated. O'Neil said Starbucks has 495 company-operated stores in Canada, but she did not have a figure for the total number of stores there.

The coffee retailer has said it expects to open as many as 30,000 stores worldwide.

The price increase does not affect Starbucks stores overseas, where Starbucks mainly operates its stores in partnership with other companies in those markets.

O'Neil said Starbucks and its overseas partners could choose to raise prices in a certain country or local market at any time, but wouldn't have an across-the-board increase like this one because of the different operating structure.

Starbucks shares ended unchanged at $34.01 on Friday on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

* __

On the Net: http://www.starbucks.com


Copyright ? 2006, The Associated Press
__________________
Ohio Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Please No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Steeler View Post
Starbucks to Raise Coffee Drinks Prices

By ALLISON LINN
AP Business Writer
Published September 22, 2006, 3:44 PM CDT

SEATTLE -- Got three bucks? That and a nickel will buy you a coffee drink at Starbucks.

Starbucks Corp. said Thursday that it planned to raise prices of its lattes, cappuccinos, drip coffee and other drinks by 5 cents, or an average of 1.9 percent.

The increase, which goes into effect Oct. 3 at all company-operated stores in the U.S. and Canada, will mark the first time the company has boosted drink prices in two years.

Starbucks also is increasing the price of its coffee beans by about 50 cents per pound, or an average of 3.9 percent. That's the first price increase for whole beans in nine years, spokeswoman Valerie O'Neil said.

Starbucks isn't raising prices on the prepared drinks it sells in refrigerated cases.

O'Neil said the company decided to charge more because costs, including fuel and energy, are going up.

"It's not one specific thing. It's part of our ongoing evaluation of business costs," O'Neil said.

Starbucks' pricing varies based on the market, but the 5-cent price increase will be across the board, regardless of drink or part of the country, O'Neil said.

Currently, a tall, or 12-ounce, cup of Starbucks coffee costs between $1.40 and $1.65. Twelve-ounce lattes cost between $2.40 and $3.10, depending on the market, and a tall mocha costs between $2.70 and $3.40.

Seattle-based Starbucks had 8,624 stores in the United States as of Aug. 30, about 5,500 of which are company-operated. O'Neil said Starbucks has 495 company-operated stores in Canada, but she did not have a figure for the total number of stores there.

The coffee retailer has said it expects to open as many as 30,000 stores worldwide.

The price increase does not affect Starbucks stores overseas, where Starbucks mainly operates its stores in partnership with other companies in those markets.

O'Neil said Starbucks and its overseas partners could choose to raise prices in a certain country or local market at any time, but wouldn't have an across-the-board increase like this one because of the different operating structure.

Starbucks shares ended unchanged at $34.01 on Friday on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

* __

On the Net: http://www.starbucks.com


Copyright ? 2006, The Associated Press
...of course fans in Seattle have blamed the price increase on poor officiating.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 01:26 PM   #3
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Ohio Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Westerville, Ohio now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
Posts: 1,821
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Please No

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
...of course fans in Seattle have blamed the price increase on poor officiating.
now I am pissed cause I am a starbucks guy
__________________
Ohio Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach
 
bigbensgirl7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,303
Member Number: 292
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Please No

It really dosent matter...I am addicted so I will pay almost anything!
__________________
bigbensgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:32 PM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Please No

I would rather chew on dry grounds then spend $3.00 on a cup of coffee....Thank God for my simple black cup of Folgers
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #6
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter
 
PisnNapalm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Spring City, PA
Posts: 2,776
Member Number: 1225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Please No

Doesn't matter to me at all.... I dont' drink coffee.

Though the one damn Starbucks I drive past is the scene of numerous accidents in the morning. Friggin people rushing to get in and out of the parking lot... grrrr....
__________________
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
Μολὼν λάβε
PisnNapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Please No

I hate Starbucks coffee. It is too strong and after drinking a cup of that stuff, I have to look to see if I've grown hair on my chest.

Tim Hortons is my favorite coffee - thank goodness there are now several of them in Erie - when one of my male friends goes up there for his continuing ed classes, I always ask him to bring me back 2-3 cans - great coffee!

Dunkin Donuts runs a close second.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #8
Lyn
Banned
 
Lyn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,774
Member Number: 304
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Please No

I agree on the Starbucks being too strong as it is too strong for me also. Seems like everyone likes it around here but me. Oh well:)

Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #9
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Ohio Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Westerville, Ohio now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
Posts: 1,821
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Please No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
I agree on the Starbucks being too strong as it is too strong for me also. Seems like everyone likes it around here but me. Oh well:)

thats cause it is a drug
__________________
Ohio Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #10
reelsteel
Water Boy
 
reelsteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 46
Member Number: 3167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Please No

starbucks coffee is too strong and i like ice capps they rule lol
reelsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts