Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Exactly what is Pittsburgh,PA really like?

I live in western NC and we have Carolina Panthers and Atlanta Falcons fans around here but it seems like college football and especially college basketball, with the Tar Heels(my team) and the Dukies....having most of the fans... I love the Steelers but I have never gotten to travel to PA. I have been to both Atlanta and Charlotte.. Steelers fans, give us some ideas and photos of some Steelers and Pirates and the city of Pittsburgh,PA...Thanks
Tell us how and what Pittsburgh,PA is all about and tell us some things about the city that us out of towners may not know about your city.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default Re: Exactly what is Pittsburgh,PA really like?

Brendan Gill, architecture writer for The New Yorker, 1990: "The three most beautiful cities in the world are Paris; St. Petersburg, Russia; and Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh were situated somewhere in the heart of Europe, tourists would eagerly journey hundreds of miles out of their way to visit it."

Follow the link for pictures. My eyes get misty looking at the home town I left 20 years ago.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/lo...hp/t19461.HTML

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #3
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

I've had that link bookmarked for a long time now. I still miss home.

I haven't lived in Pittsburgh since 1987 when I went off to college. Yet... I still think of it as home. Whenever I'm asked where I'm from.... I say "Pittsburgh, but now I live near Philly."
Old 09-24-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
Friday133
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 449

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
I live in western NC and we have Carolina Panthers and Atlanta Falcons fans around here but it seems like college football and especially college basketball, with the Tar Heels(my team) and the Dukies....having most of the fans... I love the Steelers but I have never gotten to travel to PA. I have been to both Atlanta and Charlotte.. Steelers fans, give us some ideas and photos of some Steelers and Pirates and the city of Pittsburgh,PA...Thanks
Tell us how and what Pittsburgh,PA is all about and tell us some things about the city that us out of towners may not know about your city.

are you serious? how lazy are you? take some time and do a google search.
Friday133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #5
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120

I live around Philly, yet I miss my beloved Pittsburgh! An awesome river town in the heart of SW PA.

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
HEREWEGO
Water Boy

Member Number: 3090

let me just ask how one is a fan if they never at least visited the city??? like how do you just pick a team and start following them...but the 'burgh is sweet man. nice city and some cool history around that area
HEREWEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:34 PM   #7
CrimsonSteeler3443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3022

are you serious? how lazy are you? take some time and do a google search

Maybe he wants to hear it straight from the people who know it best.

let me just ask how one is a fan if they never at least visited the city??? like how do you just pick a team and start following them...but the 'burgh is sweet man. nice city and some cool history around that area

Some people just like the way they play football. They dont have very many idiots on their team like Chad and his gay CB shutdown board. Maybe they follow their favorite college players. Some people like them cause there isnt a pro team in their state like the state of Alabama. Who knows. Who cares. Why would you want to be a fan of any other team when you could be a steelers fan.

Last edited by CrimsonSteeler3443; 09-25-2006 at 06:39 PM.
CrimsonSteeler3443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:20 PM   #8
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3145

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEREWEGO View Post
The guy who runs my hockey league down here has been a fan for like 30 years because it was easy to pick up Stiller games on TV back then he told me and people in Orlando dont have a team, so he rooted for the Stillers n'at.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:37 PM   #9
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Pittsburgh has one of the most dramatic & breathtaking entrances of any city in the world. Picture being on the road, with not much around but some hills, then you go through a tunnel and BAM! - the rivers, the bridges, the sky scrapers. It's amazing. You have to see it for yourself.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:04 PM   #10
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495
Talking Re: Exactly what is Pittsburgh,PA really like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.C. Lights View Post
Pittsburgh has one of the most dramatic & breathtaking entrances of any city in the world. Picture being on the road, with not much around but some hills, then you go through a tunnel and BAM! - the rivers, the bridges, the sky scrapers. It's amazing. You have to see it for yourself.
Except sometimes that BAM is slowed down by rush hour traffic and then it turns into GRRRRRRR! LOL...it is a cool view though when not stuck in traffic and rushing to get into downtown.
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote