Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #1
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default Inside Slant

?Enemy AFC North coaches who would like to dislodge Pittsburgh after the Steelers ran away with the division title at 15-1 last season, would like nothing better than for Ben Roethlisberger to experience a sophomore jinx. Or, perhaps, play the way he did in the post-season, when he threw five interceptions and three touchdown passes on way to a 61.3 passer rating.

"I would hope to try to make him play like the quarterback who played in the AFC championship game," said Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis.

All three division rivals ? the Bengals, Browns and Ravens ? would like to find a way to turn Big Ben into Little Benny this season. Only one NFL team beat him, and the man who helped accomplish that was Patriots defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel, now Cleveland's head coach.

Rest of the article: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...elers/home.htm

I think Ben will be fine this year. He is a strong quarterback and I do think he will remain humble. I can't wait to see this guy in his second NFL season.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Re: Inside Slant

I agree Prosdo, he should be fine this year. We don't need him to come in and be the next Payton Manning...we have a team that will help him suceed, just like last year! The only difference is, he is not being thrown into this situation, he has a year under his belt, the entire playbook, a better read on Ds and just seems to be more comfortable! And really...everyone was gunning at him last year too, and no one really suceeded except the Pats (and the Jets-who gave him some problems both times we played them). I think people have a hard time believing he is the real deal...so we'll just have to wait for the season to start so he can prove it to everyone!
Old 07-09-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Very true. I do still believe some people will be gunning for him. I am anxious to see how his new WR's will work out. I know Hines and ARE, but I'm not very familiar with Wilson. The entire playbook will add alot. I also think the new TE will also help him. He has a great group of players around him. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:18 PM   #4
SteelProven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 394

We're all Steelers fans here and we've all experience the downside of the steelers losing seasons/

2003- Cowher and company tried to turn our beloved steelers into the greatest show on grass. Everybody with any football knowledge knows that's not the steelers game plan. It never was and it never will. Plus we had Tiny Timmy Lewis running our cover 8 defense. How in the faq do you only rush 3 defensive lineman and expect to get any pressure on the QB.

2000-We had Kent Graham starting at QB, what in the world was Cowher thinking. Once K. Stewart got the reigns we were already in a 0-3 hole. So indecision at QB cost us a place in the playoffs. The steelers lost both our coordinators the year before and we showed signs of it. That's why I see the Pats having a down year. Can't lose both your coordinators, you can lose player not coordinators.

1998-Once again indecision about who should start at QB cost the steelers possibly another chance to play in the playoffs. The defense was also subpar that year that was probably the year that we actually sucked.

But I think this may be our year, the year we can obtain what?s been alluding us for the past 2 ? decades. Of all the cowher teams I fill this one is the most complete from the 1st man on the roster to the last man on the practice team. All this Bens going to have a off year is B.S. That's just all the bandwagons jumpers getting ready to jump on what ever team looks to be the next contender. (i.e, the Ravens) But since we didn't sign any key free-agents and instead lost what most people consider some of our best players (P. Burress, K. Bell, C. Scott, K. Vincent, and O. Ross). they automatically assume that were going to have a off year. The Steelers are going to be one the elite teams this year and that's hard to fathom for someone not a "TRUE" steelers fan.
SteelProven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:02 AM   #5
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

If these 3 division fools feel like beating Ben, is what is needed to beat the Steelers. Then there sadly mistaken. There is so much more to the Steelers than our qb. How often our the Steelers built around the quarterback? Uh Never. History shows that whether it was Chuck Noll, or Coach Cowher, running game, and great defense is our bread and butter. Neil Odonnels role on our team was, just don`t make the big mistakes. Well he did, or we could of had ring five already. Kordell proved that we didn`t even need a qb with a good arm to go to the afc championship. If Ben does improve this will just be a bonus to the Steelers. Detroit or Bust baby!