Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-25-2006, 05:43 AM   #21
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217
Default Re: Are you impressed with the Bengals

Actually...I'm very impressed with the Bengals.....

They were patient (very un-Bengal like)...they were poised (again..very un-Bengal like, except for cry baby Chad sulking under his towel because nobody would play with him)....they capitalized on damn near every mistake we made...they had a ton of injuries....yet they still managed to win the game....

Oh...and a news flash??

After watching last night?

They will DESTROY New England......
Old 09-25-2006, 05:50 AM   #22
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Green Bay could have beat us if we handed the ball to them every time they turned around. I love the Steelerss they are my team and they'll always be my team. But we wrapped that up win up in pretty bow and gave it away. I didn't see Cincy do a whole lot of anything to win it own their own. Ther D couldn't stop us from getting to the endzone. We did. I don't blame anybody but ourselves. And you'll see the players blaming themselves all long in interviews.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:10 AM   #23
Marvin_for_prez
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 736

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203 View Post
Actually...I'm very impressed with the Bengals.....

They were patient (very un-Bengal like)...they were poised (again..very un-Bengal like, except for cry baby Chad sulking under his towel because nobody would play with him)....they capitalized on damn near every mistake we made...they had a ton of injuries....yet they still managed to win the game....
Good post.
We never gave up and it paid off in the end.
It is the maturity of this team. They learned not to panic and to just line up and go full blast on the next play, no matter what. A valuable lesson that we learned from a pretty good team last year.

Last edited by Marvin_for_prez; 09-25-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Marvin_for_prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:39 AM   #24
NCbuckeye
Water Boy

Member Number: 3112

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarient View Post
The plays where Palmer got sacked like a little weenie? Yeah, those were some great plays.

In the case of Jacksonville, the Jags earned their win fair and square - the hard way. The Bengals got it handed to them in the form of easily intercepted passes and fumbles. Bengal offense did not EARN a win tonight, no way. The offensive performance didn't justify it. Ya'll came through with a number of good plays but for the most part our D did a fantastic job... the O just didn't follow though.
So a 97 yard drive after the interception don't count.

But anyways, I though both teams faired well, concidering all the stuff going on. Ben surgery and tough lose last week, and our bengals big injuries last week, there was alot a presure on both teams to perform.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:30 AM   #25
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I just wonder if Chad is going to ditch his list now that he got shut down all day and it was the other receivers who made the plays!!

I'm not impressed with the bungles, but they did take advantage of stupid mistakes and penalties. Those are things that teams are suppose to do.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:37 AM   #26
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

The Bengals played Stillers football, which is what impresses me. Except for their running game, which looked like Shit on a Shingle. They forced turnovers, albeit from a rusty Ben, they still played our game.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:09 AM   #27
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,303 Times in 3,268 Posts

I was very impressed with the Bengals kicking down the door, after being dominated throughout the second half, following the Coclough and Haynes fumbles. That is the mark of a champion.

That having been said, the decision to go for it with the Palmer sneak on 4th and 1 from their own 30 at that stage of the game could have resulted in today's discussion being why Marvin made that boneheaded decision rather than why Cowher invited disaster by having Coclough field punts in a tight game.

I am not giving upon the Steelers, but beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh with a banged up D reluctantly leads me to conclude the Bengals will not be coming back to the Steelers this season unless Palmer gets hurt again.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:35 AM   #28
Marvin_for_prez
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 736

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarient View Post
The plays where Palmer got sacked like a little weenie? Yeah, those were some great plays.

In the case of Jacksonville, the Jags earned their win fair and square - the hard way. The Bengals got it handed to them in the form of easily intercepted passes and fumbles. Bengal offense did not EARN a win tonight, no way. The offensive performance didn't justify it. Ya'll came through with a number of good plays but for the most part our D did a fantastic job... the O just didn't follow though.
That game wasn't the hard way?
You should go into the Bengals locker room and tell those guys that they got an easy win then. Tell them that they didn't earn it "fair and square". Are you serious with this?
Man, those grapes must be really sour.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:41 AM   #29
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

LOL, we pushed them all over the field and they still won it. I'd call that "earned".

If driving the ball doesn't work, you gotta strike quick. They did. Debate over.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #30
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

The Steelers seemed like the better team for most of the game, but they turned the ball over at key times and lost. Does that make the Bengals better? I don't think so. Despite being 1-2 vs. 3-0, these are both good teams. The re-match will be interesting.

Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote