Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-25-2006, 11:01 PM   #1
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519
Default Check it out Bungles!

Lewis expects Thurman to be suspended for the remainder of the season. -according to Espn.

D'oht!!!

Dude! You got a DUI!!

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
wildjames
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 719
Default Re: Check it out Bungles!

Is this smack talk? I guess it's about as good as you can muster at 1-2. The steelers fans smack talk in this forum looks like a ghost town lately. I would too if my overrated quarterback and team were failing to live up to expectations.

Oh yeah, let me guess the typical responses out of your 3 bullet revolver.

poster 1: but the steelers have 5 superbowls!
poster 2: ben has an awesome 254324823423 and 4 record in the regular season!
poster 3: ben has a ring how many does carson have?!?!?!?!!?!

so i'll go ahead and respond.

1: i was born in 1981, so i've been alive for i believe 1 steelers superbowl win? which was widely considered a fraud, if you remember the espn.com vote the day after the superbowl, every state in the country voted favorably that the seahawks got jewed besides pennsylvania. gee i wonder why?

2: yeah and look at his record and how he's played since and including the superbowl. he can't hide behind bettis and to a lesser extent randle el anymore. his weaknesses are becoming more and more defined as the weeks go on. he is an above average quarterback, but i highly doubt he'll ever make it to Carson/Peyton status skill wise in his career. Make your little snap crackle and pop jokes about Carson's leg it's quite funny. But I can be very sure that most of the country including the national media have quite a bit more respect for Carson who busted his ass to defy all the odds and get to where he is now. I remember reading the Steelers fans saying how he wouldn't be back for awhile and how great Ben is, now Ben is slowly becoming sort of a joke lately with his repeated "injuries" "fevers" and "excuses", while Carson is regarded as one of the top 3 quarterbacks in the NFL. Perhaps Ben needs to sit out and recoup all his little injuries so when he comes back and returns to mediocrity he won't have anything to blame it on. And Carson got hurt on the field playing football with men, not flying around Pittsburgh streets without a helmet.

3: read number 1, and carson's future chances of winning a superbowl are much stronger than ben's, in my opinion, and probably most others outside of Pennsylvania.

Oh yeah, and it's hilarious to hear everyone saying "But we would've won if that coclough or whatever guy didnt muff the punt!" And you're the same hypocritical fans who laughed at Bengal fans who said The Bengals would've beaten the Steelers had it not been for Caron's injury in the playoffs last January. What happened your next possession? A Haynes fumble? Who's to say that same thing wouldn't have happened if Coclough (sp) had not fumbled the punt? It's not like you were lacking in the turnover department in the game. Speculation of the what if's can drive a football fan mad, so don't kid yourself.

Oh, and most Bengals fans don't give a rats ass about Odell Thurman. They're 3-0 without him, and they beat the Steelers without him, so ohnoes! What are they to do!??!?!?!

Good luck the rest of the season. I don't mean to make this personal with anyone, just stating what I have seen. I know that no opposing fan can say much to you all without having to hear "Yeah we won the superbowl dur dur dur", we KNOW, and not many people care. The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league, and the Steelers haven't done much lately, maybe they can regroup and get going again, we'll see. It is week 4 after all.

Last edited by wildjames; 09-26-2006 at 09:28 PM.
wildjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:12 PM   #3
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

What's all that gotta do with the 6th Bengal this year gettin arrested?

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Old 09-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
wildjames
Draft Prospect

I was responding to your weak attempt at smack talk, at least I assumed it was considering the section of the forums you posted in.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:28 AM   #5
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Believe me, that wasn't my smack. I was just posting what I saw on Espn.

You want smack....hang on ..gimme a second.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #6
xxmagicmanxx
Water Boy

Member Number: 1025

Carson . . Chad Johnson . . TJ DOUCHE-manzedah Marvin Lewis . .

Even the garbage gets a steak every once in a while. How's that steak taste, Bengals fans?

What is that SIX arrests and we aren't even close to the middle of the season yet. You guys have great potential to put a few more in jail before then. Keep up the good work!!
Old 09-27-2006, 02:12 PM   #7
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjames View Post
Is this smack talk? I guess it's about as good as you can muster at 1-2. The steelers fans smack talk in this forum looks like a ghost town lately. I would too if my overrated quarterback and team were failing to live up to expectations.

Oh yeah, let me guess the typical responses out of your 3 bullet revolver.

poster 1: but the steelers have 5 superbowls!
poster 2: ben has an awesome 254324823423 and 4 record in the regular season!
poster 3: ben has a ring how many does carson have?!?!?!?!!?!

so i'll go ahead and respond.

1: i was born in 1981, so i've been alive for i believe 1 steelers superbowl win? which was widely considered a fraud, if you remember the espn.com vote the day after the superbowl, every state in the country voted favorably that the seahawks got jewed besides pennsylvania. gee i wonder why?

2: yeah and look at his record and how he's played since and including the superbowl. he can't hide behind bettis and to a lesser extent randle el anymore. his weaknesses are becoming more and more defined as the weeks go on. he is an above average quarterback, but i highly doubt he'll ever make it to Carson/Peyton status skill wise in his career. Make your little snap crackle and pop jokes about Carson's leg it's quite funny. But I can be very sure that most of the country including the national media have quite a bit more respect for Carson who busted his ass to defy all the odds and get to where he is now. I remember reading the Steelers fans saying how he wouldn't be back for awhile and how great Ben is, now Ben is slowly becoming sort of a joke lately with his repeated "injuries" "fevers" and "excuses", while Carson is regarded as one of the top 3 quarterbacks in the NFL. Perhaps Ben needs to sit out and recoup all his little injuries so when he comes back and returns to mediocrity he won't have anything to blame it on. And Carson got hurt on the field playing football with men, not flying around Pittsburgh streets without a helmet.

3: read number 1, and carson's future chances of winning a superbowl are much stronger than ben's, in my opinion, and probably most others outside of Pennsylvania.

Oh yeah, and it's hilarious to hear everyone saying "But we would've won if that coclough or whatever guy didnt muff the punt!" And you're the same hypocritical fans who laughed at Bengal fans who said The Bengals would've beaten the Steelers had it not been for Caron's injury in the playoffs last January. What happened your next possession? A Haynes fumble? Who's to say that same thing wouldn't have happened if Coclough (sp) had not fumbled the punt? It's not like you were lacking in the turnover department in the game. Speculation of the what if's can drive a football fan mad, so don't kid yourself.

Oh, and most Bengals fans don't give a rats ass about Odell Thurman. They're 3-0 without him, and they beat the Steelers without him, so ohnoes! What are they to do!??!?!?!

Good luck the rest of the season. I don't mean to make this personal with anyone, just stating what I have seen. I know that no opposing fan can say much to you all without having to hear "Yeah we won the superbowl dur dur dur", we KNOW, and not many people care. The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league, and the Steelers haven't done much lately, maybe they can regroup and get going again, we'll see. It is week 4 after all.
Throwing up big numbers for a fan of a team that is 2-2 against us the last two years....and you were born in 1981?...go ahead and look up our record against you over that time... and while your at it... how many playoff wins in the last two decades?.,. Enjoy the ONE win...(but I wouldnt use stats to back up your arquement until you have a little history behind you to back it up) You beat us fair and square...if I was you I would definatley get as much out of this win as possible...history has shown that even with a good start...your still the Bengals...
...and I know that your didnt say that Ben hid behind Bettis and Randle El....take a few minutes to look up their stats brother....I will take it that you are just talking smack...because if that is a real opinion..YIKES.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmagicmanxx View Post
Carson . . Chad Johnson . . TJ DOUCHE-manzedah Marvin Lewis . .

Even the garbage gets a steak every once in a while. How's that steak taste, Bengals fans?

What is that SIX arrests and we aren't even close to the middle of the season yet. You guys have great potential to put a few more in jail before then. Keep up the good work!!
Or as I used to tell my team in the army..."You put a monkey in front a typewriter...sooner or later he will peck out a word"
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
wildjames
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Throwing up big numbers for a fan of a team that is 2-2 against us the last two years....and you were born in 1981?...go ahead and look up our record against you over that time... and while your at it... how many playoff wins in the last two decades?.,. Enjoy the ONE win...(but I wouldnt use stats to back up your arquement until you have a little history behind you to back it up) You beat us fair and square...if I was you I would definatley get as much out of this win as possible...history has shown that even with a good start...your still the Bengals...
...and I know that your didnt say that Ben hid behind Bettis and Randle El....take a few minutes to look up their stats brother....I will take it that you are just talking smack...because if that is a real opinion..YIKES.
I agree on that Randle El part, I just meant he had a few more options to pass to and the trick plays you guys did so well last year. But you don't think the loss of Bettis in the short yardage game and how hard he hurt the Bengals over his career had anything to do with it? I think it had some at least.

I dont care what the Steelers record is versus the Bengals over my lifetime. In all actuality, I should be happy we are finally the better team, shouldn't I? Wouldn't you? Again we hardly have any playoff wins in my 25 year lifetime, but that is what Steelers fans use to avoid reality as of now. When you watch analysts on TV debate which team is better, which team has the better players, which team has a better shot of winning the Superbowl, do any of them say..well the Steelers won the Superbowl in 1976 (something around there), and a playoff game in 1987 (again just a guessed year). No, they use facts from what is CURRENTLY going on in the NFL. So enjoy speculating that because you won playoff games in 2003 that is going to have an effect on your already starting to be dreadful season, and you might want to call Marvin Lewis before the New Years Eve game and remind him you went to the Superbowl against the Cowboys in the mid 1990's so he can change up his game plan
Old 09-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,421 Times in 3,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjames View Post
. In all actuality, I should be happy we are finally the better team, shouldn't I?:
yes you should sit in the mirror and admire that championship hat and tee they give out for a 3-0 record. polish the trophy and look at the bling. it may be quite some time before another team rips off another 3 game wining streak.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

steelers > bengals. always have been... always will be. they wont take the sorry bengals so lightly the next meeting on new years eve.. good luck fielding a 53 man roster for that long.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote