Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-29-2006, 03:51 PM   #21
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: STEELERS BIGGEST RIVALRY?

Respect.. here is your respect.. Raiders have the worst record in the NFL since the year that you guys had the AFC Tittle bought for you because your excoach was the coach in the NFC... that is the only reason the Raiders even made it there that year... ... the WORST record in the NFL since then... ok ... there is your Raider respect... The Raiders are the most penalized team in the NFL for a reason... I only know a few Raider fans and they all say the same thing... oh... we are cheated every week... you guys sound like that the refs are the only reason your team loses... Raiders/ Old or New are Chumps... I love the Tuck Rule just for the fact that it was the Raiders that it happened to.... I dont agree that it was the right call but it Couldnt Have Happened to A Nicer Team...
C
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:21 PM   #22
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
Respect.. here is your respect.. Raiders have the worst record in the NFL since the year that you guys had the AFC Tittle bought for you because your excoach was the coach in the NFC... that is the only reason the Raiders even made it there that year... ... the WORST record in the NFL since then... ok ... there is your Raider respect... The Raiders are the most penalized team in the NFL for a reason... I only know a few Raider fans and they all say the same thing... oh... we are cheated every week... you guys sound like that the refs are the only reason your team loses... Raiders/ Old or New are Chumps... I love the Tuck Rule just for the fact that it was the Raiders that it happened to.... I dont agree that it was the right call but it Couldnt Have Happened to A Nicer Team...
C
Wow... just wow!

I won't bother with you again. There are some pretty cool people here, you obviously aren't one of them.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #23
wadester47
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2745

ORDER OF hate( lifetime) well my lifetime:

5. Houston OLiers
4. Dallas Crybabies
3. oakland Raiders
2. Baltimore ratbirds
1. Clevland Browns( mistake by the lake)

I have no respect for the Bungles, give em a couple weeks they will fold.
wadester47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #24
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
maybe Cleveland in the 80's but not now to me...
in the 80s? more like the jim brown era, the 50s. haha jk
Old 09-29-2006, 05:04 PM   #25
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Question View Post
it might just be me cuz my age but a huge rivaly to me was the houston oilers and steelers, man i hated those guys specially warren moon, givens,

Biggest rivalry to me prolly be the cowboys. 3 superbowls against eachother is big. I would say the browns but some years the games dont have much going on since the browns arent always a playoff team.
I agree with this comment -- to say the Browns just doesn't seem right -- the Steelers and Oilers went through a three year period of time in the late 70s when they were the two best teams in the league and played each other three times a year -- and after that - the Warren Moon/Glanville years when Knoll and Glanville would argue after their games at midfield --

Beyond the division you would have to say the Cowboys and Raiders followed closely by the Patriots recently -- the Browns have been a non factor for such a long time -- they were at one time during the 70s and briefly during the 80s when the Browns had Kosar/Byner -- but then they were choking against Denver - not us...

You see any of the ESPN classic stuff on the Steelers of the 70s and you will always see old Raiders and Cowboys players and Madden whining about the Steelers ....
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:25 PM   #26
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
You see any of the ESPN classic stuff on the Steelers of the 70s and you will always see old Raiders and Cowboys players and Madden whining about the Steelers ....

That's funny. I clearly remember someone's coach wanting to bring a law suite against the Raiders because they hit too hard.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:36 PM   #27
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Man....I gotta go with the Ratbirds....it doesn't matter how good theye are, or how good we are, it always seems like we split the season series. To top things off, they used to be the Clowns, and that hatred of Art Modell is always going to be there for me. The man tried to kill the greatest rivalry in sports, but all he did, in my eyes, was make one that was even greater. The Bengals, are just a younger version on the ratbirds in my opinion.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:42 PM   #28
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
That's funny. I clearly remember someone's coach wanting to bring a law suite against the Raiders because they hit too hard.
HEY! -- a Raiders fan -unlike a lot of Steeler fans, I like a lot of the teams that have given us a good rivalry over the years - and I have always liked the Raiders -- I think Al Davis is good for the NFL -- my uncle was drafted by the Raiders back in the late 60s -- I remember well when Madden was their coach -- Stabler, Branch, Kasper, Matuszak, Sistrunk -- those guys were great -- but the incident you are referring to was not good -- Tatum came up behind Swann after the whistle and cold ****ed him with a forearm to the back of the neck - knocking him unconcious and giving him a major concussion -- incident was caught on tape -- he was fined - I remember the whole thing even though I was a kid -- had nothing to do with hitting too hard -- had everything to do with a blatant cheap shot that jeopardized another player's season -- read Tatum's book -- Knoll was being kind when he called him a criminal...
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:52 PM   #29
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495
Talking Re: STEELERS BIGGEST RIVALRY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC View Post
One color can answer our biggest rival.

Browns.
You're right. I never understood the mindset to think that we're changing rival teams just because one team is weaker than the other. It has always been the Browns and any Steelers fan who sat in the Dawg Pound at the old Browns stadium will know exactly what I'm talking about.
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #30
clarient
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1742

Honestly, it feels like we're rivals with the whole damn world half the time. Seems like every team wants to get up in our face.