Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-26-2005, 12:51 PM   #61
makaveli_steeler36
Water Boy

Member Number: 388
Default Re: Patriots Are The Steelers Daddies

honestly, i dont see the pats doing much of anything this year, look who they lost shall we, oof and def coordinator, teddy bruschy (sp?) those are gonna hurt alot more than people think, and i know stupid pats fans are gonna say that they always lose people and make up for them, BUT losing your emotional leader and two important coaches is gonna result in at LEAST 5 losses, they wont even win their division IMHO. the pats are nothin this year, and id put money on it too.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:08 AM   #62
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli_steeler36
honestly, i dont see the pats doing much of anything this year, look who they lost shall we, oof and def coordinator, teddy bruschy (sp?) those are gonna hurt alot more than people think, and i know stupid pats fans are gonna say that they always lose people and make up for them, BUT losing your emotional leader and two important coaches is gonna result in at LEAST 5 losses, they wont even win their division IMHO. the pats are nothin this year, and id put money on it too.
Before dismissing Pats fans as 'stupid' you should perhaps try to put a minimum amount of research in to your post.
Its Tedy Bruschi BTW - nevermind - his name obviously hasn't been in the news often enough for you to remember ha ha!

Are you psychic? How do you know how much people 'think' these losses will hurt...and what makes you so much more knowledgeable than these 'people'?

You also need to stop contradicting yourself in the space of two sentences :

You claim the PATS will perhaps finish with a 11-5 record - then in your next breath go on to tell us that they will be 'nothin' this year.....LOL

However, having said all that, I do appreciate you including your I.Q. in your 'handle' for easy reference.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 12:46 PM   #63
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelyasoul007
I ain't takin' nothing from the Pats. They are good, we beat em during the season in convincing fashion, also. But they one the rematch which counted more. Just like when the Bronc-hoes won their first of two rings. They came to Three Rivers and got smashed during the regular season then came back and won the AFC Champ game.

I take nothing away from your regular season win, a win is a win, but remember that game was played without Dillon. I think that helped you beat us in convincing fashion IMHO. But alas, you did kick or ass! :D
Old 08-27-2005, 12:52 PM   #64
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

"honestly, i dont see the pats doing much of anything this year"

Honestly, I think you have enough to worry about rigth there in Pittsburgh. You let the Patriots worry about their performance. Ok son?
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:55 PM   #65
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywater
I take nothing away from your regular season win, a win is a win, but remember that game was played without Dillon. I think that helped you beat us in convincing fashion IMHO. But alas, you did kick or ass! :D
I do disagree with one thing here. Dillion wouldn`t have been a factor anyway. We jumped on the Pats early and often. This took the running game out of it anyway. Just as the Pats did to us in the post season.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:08 AM   #66
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I do disagree with one thing here. Dillion wouldn`t have been a factor anyway. We jumped on the Pats early and often. This took the running game out of it anyway. Just as the Pats did to us in the post season.
And I disagree with what you've said. We had no legit #2 back (like a Bettis to a Staley) and any NFL team without a RB would get their ass kicked. A legit #1 RB makes a huge difference. Just look at how Dillon played against you in the playoffs. He had a monster season for us, ran for like 1,600 yards (a Patriots record.) To say he would have no been a factor is logic I don't understand.

But agin, I freely admit you kicked our ass. :D
Old 08-28-2005, 06:02 AM   #67
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Dw, up a little late? Or up early?

Come on , no matter how good a running game a team may have. If you get down early, the game plan changes, you can win with Dillion and your running game. But you don`t play catch up that way. Nobody had as many reserves in as starter , as we did.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:39 PM   #68
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

I agree. If your top RB is out you have to have enough to overcome that. If you don't, you either don't have enough, or you didn't play well. No excuses.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote