Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,359 Times in 4,302 Posts
Default c. palmer = d. fumblepepper

1 good year and done!

LMAO! i cant believe i thought that piece of crap team would actualy win.

looks like cinci cant win a big game (even though they thought a week 3 win against the steelers was the sb)

way to follow up bungles! marvins 2 best players were suspended and benched!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

that must suck giant donkey dong watching c. dillon slice and dice that pathetic run defense!

the ravens are even better than the bengals.

bengals are 1 step above the browns in the division!

the bengals suck
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
steelers07
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2019
Default Re: c. palmer = d. fumblepepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
1 good year and done!

looks like cinci cant win a big game (even though they thought a week 3 win against the steelers was the sb)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

that must suck giant donkey dong watching c. dillon slice and dice that pathetic run defense!

the bengals suck
LMAO LMAO!!!!! The bungles F'N suck!!! Carson sucks ass too!!! Try and hype him up and he hasn't done shit for his team yet!! Sacked 6 times last week picked off 2x sacked again today 4x.!!! Oh yea for bunghole fans being soo loyal that stadium sure was empty with 6!!!! min remaining on the clock!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!
Old 10-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
1 good year and done!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

the bengals suck
Yep, Carson made some mistakes...no excuses for that. Certainly didn't see a lot of those fumbles last season, but of course the defenders rarely got to Carson to last year. Carson needs to be just a little more aware in the pocket and protect the football a little bit better.

But, the Bengals two biggest problems are in the trenches: the O-Line and D-Line. There's no excuse for the Bengals O-Line to be giving up 4 sacks in a game. There's also no excuse for the Bengals defense to give up 200 yards rushing. Obviously this team was not fully prepared for the game and still has a lot of maturation ahead of it. Hopefully the bye week will do some good.

That being said, the Bengals are still 3-1 and 2-0 in the division, no reason to jump ship at this point. The Patriots are probably the best-coached team in the league and giving them consecutive losses has proved to be next to impossible. Hopefully the Bengals can both heal and mature during this bye week. If not, it'll be an uphill battle the rest of the season.

And again, good job to the Patriots. 100% of the credit goes to them; they flat outplayed the Bengals today.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #4
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Yep, Carson made some mistakes...no excuses for that. Certainly didn't see a lot of those fumbles last season, but of course the defenders rarely got to Carson to last year. Carson needs to be just a little more aware in the pocket and protect the football a little bit better.

But, the Bengals two biggest problems are in the trenches: the O-Line and D-Line. There's no excuse for the Bengals O-Line to be giving up 4 sacks in a game. There's also no excuse for the Bengals defense to give up 200 yards rushing. Obviously this team was not fully prepared for the game and still has a lot of maturation ahead of it. Hopefully the bye week will do some good.

That being said, the Bengals are still 3-1 and 2-0 in the division, no reason to jump ship at this point. The Patriots are probably the best-coached team in the league and giving them consecutive losses has proved to be next to impossible. Hopefully the Bengals can both heal and mature during this bye week. If not, it'll be an uphill battle the rest of the season.

And again, good job to the Patriots. 100% of the credit goes to them; they flat outplayed the Bengals today.
everything you say is true. unfortunately lewis is not the one to prepare the team or help the bengals in that maturation process you speak of.

drafting and relying on criminals (who may or may not have talent) doesnt help. this shouldve been an easy win for the bungles, especially at home with the added incentive of shutting c. dillon down.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:25 PM   #5
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
everything you say is true. unfortunately lewis is not the one to prepare the team or help the bengals in that maturation process you speak of.
Perhaps not, but even if the team has not yet fully matured, he has helped them to this point.

Quote:
drafting and relying on criminals (who may or may not have talent) doesnt help. this shouldve been an easy win for the bungles, especially at home with the added incentive of shutting c. dillon down.
Eh, I think a lot can be learned by everyone in the Bengals organization. Certainly Marvin has been burned by a few of the red flagged players he's drafted, hopefully he can learn from it and take more of an assertive view towards good character. Even though it didn't help on the field, I was impressed by Marvin's decision to bench Henry for the game. I was also impressed with Marvin's willingness to move on without Odell Thurman.

A few of the personnel choices Marvin's made so far may have blown up in his face, but I think he's finally starting to comprehend that he can't win with talent alone. Hopefully he can mature as well and take a page out of the Patriots or Steelers books and begin looking for high energy team players instead of high risk talented players.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #6
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Perhaps not, but even if the team has not yet fully matured, he has helped them to this point.

Eh, I think a lot can be learned by everyone in the Bengals organization. Certainly Marvin has been burned by a few of the red flagged players he's drafted, hopefully he can learn from it and take more of an assertive view towards good character. Even though it didn't help on the field, I was impressed by Marvin's decision to bench Henry for the game. I was also impressed with Marvin's willingness to move on without Odell Thurman.

A few of the personnel choices Marvin's made so far may have blown up in his face, but I think he's finally starting to comprehend that he can't win with talent alone. Hopefully he can mature as well and take a page out of the Patriots or Steelers books and begin looking for high energy team players instead of high risk talented players.
unfortunately for your team, i think you may be smarter than its head coach...

if marvin knew the patriots would be as tough as they showed to be, im sure henry wouldve been in the line up. i think marvin got a little ****y with that move.

of course marvin had no other choise but to move on w/o thurman.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:58 PM   #7
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
unfortunately for your team, i think you may be smarter than its head coach...

if marvin knew the patriots would be as tough as they showed to be, im sure henry wouldve been in the line up. i think marvin got a little ****y with that move.

of course marvin had no other choise but to move on w/o thurman.
I will be very surprised and somewhat upset if Odell returns to the team after this season. Even last season he showed up late to team meetings, etc. and was benched a handful of times.

Chris Henry's situation is an interesting one. I believe he should be disciplined, but I don't believe he should be given up on just yet. It's obvious he has somewhat of an alcohol/drug problem, but I think if a few teammates can step up and assist him he could put it behind him. Nothing's ever been made of the kid's work ethic or intensity on the field. It's just a few personal problems that need to be resolved. If a year's suspension is what it takes to make him realize what's going on, then so be it. At some point, someone in the organization has to step up and try to reach out to him, not go out and get wasted with him (Odell).
Old 10-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #8
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
I will be very surprised and somewhat upset if Odell returns to the team after this season. Even last season he showed up late to team meetings, etc. and was benched a handful of times.

Chris Henry's situation is an interesting one. I believe he should be disciplined, but I don't believe he should be given up on just yet. It's obvious he has somewhat of an alcohol/drug problem, but I think if a few teammates can step up and assist him he could put it behind him. Nothing's ever been made of the kid's work ethic or intensity on the field. It's just a few personal problems that need to be resolved. If a year's suspension is what it takes to make him realize what's going on, then so be it. At some point, someone in the organization has to step up and try to reach out to him, not go out and get wasted with him (Odell).
koren robinson
Old 10-01-2006, 09:09 PM   #9
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
koren robinson
lol yeah, I almost mentioned him in my reply. Some people never change, but if approached the right way, some people will. I'm not saying the Bengals should pamper Henry...if anything, they should be tougher on him. I can't say much on how the Bengals should approach it since I don't know Henry personally, but something needs to be done.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #10
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

Chris Henry's a chickenhawk....hide yer daughters when that guy's in town.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote