Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #9991
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

GOOALLLL!! Sid there for another rebound to make it 4 to 1, but Isle score less than 2 minutes later to cut the lead to 4 to 2.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #9992
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

JEEZ! Isle Score with less than a minute into the period to cut the lead to 1.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #9993
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

I knew the Isle would tie this game up and now its a dog fight! Come on Pens!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #9994
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

GOOOALLLL!!! WOW What a rip from Malkin for the Pens 3rd PP goal of the night to make it 5 to 4 Pens wow what a sick shot!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #9995
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Wow I hope Dupuis is ok he got slammed against the boards, bleeding pretty badly!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #9996
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

PHEWW! HAT TRICK MALKIN! What a way to win getting him back in the scoring column and the Pens gettting 6 goals and getting 2 points tonight is huge!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #9997
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Whew, good to get the win tonight. Things got a little hairy there in the third and I was worried.

Great to see Geno get a hatty, hopefully that will get his game going. Wonder if Ron Cook was watching?

Johnson had some HUGE saves tonight, the PP was great, and Sid had six points tonight. I wonder if that's a career high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Wow I hope Dupuis is ok he got slammed against the boards, bleeding pretty badly!
I hope he's OK as well. That was scary. Looks like he was out for a bit and then when he lifted his head there was quite a bit of blood on the ice. Thankfully, he wears a visor to help protect his face because he really might be in more trouble right now without one.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #9998
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Why do the Pens down grade on the PP so bad. Low percentage side shot, missed shots, short handed opportunities. With all this talent its hard to witness.
4 PPG's tonight. Think you might have spoke a little too soon.

When Dups was laying there on the ice not moving, I had flashbacks to Kevin Stevens' serious injury in the '93 playoff game against the Isles. I was at that game, too, and I think everyone at the arena that night thought Kevin was dead as he laid on that ice for what seemed like an eternity. Tonight from our seats, we could hear Dups hitting the board and he was out. When I saw Roloson frantically waving his goalie stick, I knew it was bad. I pray to God Dups is OK. Mr. Sutton will almost assuredly be suspended and I hope it's a 7-10 game suspension as the NHL absolutely cannot allow these types of hits to continue and need to send a VERY strong message. Someone is going to be permanently injured by this type of goonery if the league doesn't put a stop to it.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 01-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #9999
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
4 PPG's tonight. Think you might have spoke a little too soon.

When Dups was laying there on the ice not moving, I had flashbacks to Kevin Stevens' serious injury in the '93 playoff game against the Isles. I was at that game, too, and I think everyone at the arena that night thought Kevin was dead as he laid on that ice for what seemed like an eternity. Tonight from our seats, we could hear Dups hitting the board and he was out. When I saw Roloson frantically waving his goalie stick, I knew it was bad. I pray to God Dups is OK. Mr. Sutton will almost assuredly be suspended and I hope it's a 7-10 game suspension as the NHL absolutely cannot allow these types of hits to continue and need to send a VERY strong message. Someone is going to be permanently injured by this type of goonery if the league doesn't put a stop to it.
It was just after the first PP, but im not complaining one bit that I was wrong at all!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #10000
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Pens had some good things happening for them (PP goals, Hat trick for Malkin whose been struggling recently, 6 points for Crosby), but they also kept the Isles in the game with some sloppy play at times. Johnson made some nice saves on those letdowns, but there's still plenty for this team to work on.

Overall, a good game. A win is 2 points any way you look at it. It gets us that much closer to the Devils, although I think we have 4 more games played.

Hope Dupuis will be alright. He really took a bad shot, and Sutton could definitely be seeing some suspension time. He's been team mates with Dups in ATL, so I don't think there was any animosity. Just some frustration and a bad decision. This is exactly the type of unnecessary hit the league is cracking down on.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
Closed Thread