Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #10231
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

wow - I actually saw Malkin move his feet that shift, there might be hope

Guerin with a lucky wrista - 3 shots this period now

3-2
Old 02-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #10232
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I'm telling you, it's these afternoon games. The Pens just aren't good in them - the last 2 Sundays were anomalies. It's like they're still asleep whenever they take the ice. At least it's 3-2 though, and they still have a chance at another comeback.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #10233
Fire Haley
Banned

I gotta feeling the Habs are gonna blow it.

It would be bad to lose to their AHL smurf line-up.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #10234
Fire Haley
Banned

Nevermind.

When your 1st line is getting shown up by their 4th line of AHLers, it's not gonna work.

4-2
Old 02-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #10235
Fire Haley
Banned

Welp, they should be fresh tomorrow - their practice skate is over.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #10236
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Sighhh what a terrible game for this defense. Another stinkin breakaway given against this sad sad defense. I see one almost every game and there is no fore check or pressure like last season.

Well congrats to Sid for his 300th career assist! The Pens were not on their feet at all the whole game and against I blame the defense for this one and the hottest team in the league tomorrow!
Old 02-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #10237
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Sighhh what a terrible game for this defense. Another stinkin breakaway given against this sad sad defense. I see one almost every game and there is no fore check or pressure like last season.

Well congrats to Sid for his 300th career assist! The Pens were not on their feet at all the whole game and against I blame the defense for this one and the hottest team in the league tomorrow!
No one played well today, but the defense definitely gets the goat of the day. They really have been terrible for most of the last 2 months. And if they can allow 5 goals to a Montreal squad that usually can only score on the PP, imagine how many they'll give up to the Caps?

I'm sorry to say this, but this is not a Stanley Cup-caliber team. Stanley Cup-caliber teams don't have such glaring weaknesses on the blue line or have to rely on 2 guys to provide most of the offense. They still have not won more than 2 games in a row since mid-December. And with this loss, not only are they in danger of falling 5 points behind the Devils, but if Ottawa wins tonight, they will take over 4th in the East.

This team needs a shake-up. Big time. Ray Shero had better be working the phones trying to get them a scoring winger and a tough, physical defenseman...or 2.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:37 PM   #10238
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

I wonder if the boys made it to DC and if the game will be played as scheduled. I'm looking forward to this game so I hope all went well when they traveled.

Will be a fun day with Pens vs. Caps in the morning and then onto what my young niece calls the "family football day" where she gets excited about everyone coming over and talks about it by first stating: "But the Steelers aren't playing" and shakes her little head.

I love her.

Seriously want to see this game tomorrow though. Even if the Caps have won their last 50 games ..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I'm sorry to say this, but this is not a Stanley Cup-caliber team. Stanley Cup-caliber teams don't have such glaring weaknesses on the blue line or have to rely on 2 guys to provide most of the offense.
It's just a temporary phase and come playoff time it won't be a factor.

Right? ()
Old 02-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #10239
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Well im hoping that loss yesterday wakes this team up because this defense i practically the same as last season except for Scuds and he didn't make or break it! If they don't show up today the Caps will score 6+ before we know it.
Time to go out and make a statement today by beating this Caps team and keep our chances of actually keeping control of 4th place over the red hot Sens or deciding to slump late in the season. I feel like today is a big game for this team and everyone needs to wake up get out there move their skates and win these games against actual good teams!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #10240
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

The team did make it to Washington, and the game is on. But I'm expecting more of the same from yesterday. The Pens just aren't good enough right now to beat good teams like the Caps. The only good news is that Chris Kunitz is expected to be back in the lineup today.