Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #10321
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I dunno, they were still scoring a lot of goals in the 10 games Captain Ug (love that nick) missed this season. I don't think they'd hurt that much for scoring. Losing Backstrom might actually be a little more damaging to them than losing Captain Ug, because they do not have any other centers who are anything close to him when it comes to dishing out the puck. With Backstrom out, teams will just take away Ug and force Semin and the others to beat them. Look at how lost Ug was when Backstrom took that misconduct yesterday - he's that important to that team.

Selanne and Moreau...ugh. More old guys, and injury-prone ones to boot. Selanne has scored 17 goals in 33 games though. Still, can we bring in someone who isn't 38 or older for once?
Trust in Shero X-T. The guys knows how, when and for who to pull the trigger.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:34 AM   #10322
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Well, the next three games, before the Olympics, are against teams that are not very good or playing their best hockey. That's a positive. Hopefully, it results in three wins.

Maybe the time off after will benefit the team and we'll come out strong afterwards like we did early in the season. Atleast, that's what I'm hoping for.

I'm not ready to at all give up on this team or this year, but am realistically acknowledging that two consecutive years to the SCFs and current issues might be to much of an obstacle to overcome.

Whatever happens from here on out, I'm proud as hell of this team and hanging onto the fact that anything can happen in the playoffs and that glory, hopefully, might find it's way one more time to touch our team.

If not though - so be it. I'm so proud of these guys and what they've accomplished.

I'm going to be able to find comfort in that image for years to come.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:16 AM   #10323
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
Well, the next three games, before the Olympics, are against teams that are not very good or playing their best hockey. That's a positive. Hopefully, it results in three wins.

Maybe the time off after will benefit the team and we'll come out strong afterwards like we did early in the season. Atleast, that's what I'm hoping for.

I'm not ready to at all give up on this team or this year, but am realistically acknowledging that two consecutive years to the SCFs and current issues might be to much of an obstacle to overcome.

Whatever happens from here on out, I'm proud as hell of this team and hanging onto the fact that anything can happen in the playoffs and that glory, hopefully, might find it's way one more time to touch our team.

If not though - so be it. I'm so proud of these guys and what they've accomplished.

I'm going to be able to find comfort in that image for years to come.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 02-09-2010, 05:20 AM   #10324
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Trust in Shero X-T. The guys knows how, when and for who to pull the trigger.
Bingo. Except, of course, if he decided to trade my Serg which I doubt will happen.

supa - "shit" is a permissible word as it is considered "mild swearing".

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 02-09-2010, 07:01 AM   #10325
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Bingo. Except, of course, if he decided to trade my Serg which I doubt will happen.

supa - "shit" is a permissible word as it is considered "mild swearing".
No way he trades Serg. That's the sort of thing a rebuilding team might do, not one that thinks it can make a legitimate run at the Cup.

I can't wait to beat the Capitals in the playoffs again!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #10326
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Shero always finds way to surprise us, and in a good way I mean. He understands that yes the players needed for this team and the type of scorer's are the older ones, but with Guerin and Gonch with the older leadership im confident Shero will find some youngsters up his sleeve to bring in.

Im truly excited right now to see what he can bring to the table because IMO it's always the right choice to propel this team at the right time!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #10327
Shea
Head Coach

Quote:
Penguins Bid for Next Year's All-Star Weekend

Tuesday, 02.09.2010 / 12:19 PM / Features By Sam Kasan

The Pittsburgh Penguins have submitted a bid to host the 2010-11 NHL All-Star Weekend for the inaugural season of the Consol Energy Center, the team announced Tuesday.

The new, state-of-the-art arena will open for the start of the 2010-11 NHL season.

Consol Energy Center already has been selected to host the first and second rounds of the 2012 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, and Robert Morris and VisitPittsburgh will submit a bid on Monday for the 2013 or 2014 NCAA Frozen Four.

“The new Consol Energy Center will give us the opportunity to bring many such events to Pittsburgh,” Penguins president David Morehouse said. “We think it can help make Pittsburgh a destination for big national and regional events.”

The Penguins have not hosted the NHL All-Star Weekend since 1990.

“We’re excited by the opportunity to bid for the 2010-11 NHL All-Star weekend and believe we have made a strong proposal to the NHL,” Morehouse said.
This sounds exciting and hopefully it will happen. Especially for you guys in Pittsburgh who might get tickets. Although, something tells me that they will probably be pretty pricey.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #10328
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
This sounds exciting and hopefully it will happen. Especially for you guys in Pittsburgh who might get tickets. Although, something tells me that they will probably be pretty pricey.
They were selling for $250-$2,000 U.S. in Montreal last season, so I'd suspect they'd be that much here in Pittsburgh. As STHs, though, HTG and I would get first crack at tickets for the game, and we likely won't have to pay anything close to that. At least, I'd hope not. Anyway, a Western Conference team will probably get it since it's been held in an Eastern Conference city the past 2 years (Atlanta, Montreal), but you never know. I'd love the opportunity to go, I know that!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #10329
Shea
Head Coach

I've got a couple digits, looking just like this -------> that hopes that this will not only happen but that you and HTG will be able to go.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:33 AM   #10330
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Ive been on the waiting list for over 3 seasons now and get special offers and pre sale tickets all the time including game one of the new arena. Think I would have a pre sale chance for the All Star Game?
Closed Thread