Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #10351
JHSilverback
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12082
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
It's amazing how different the Pens look with Kunitz in the lineup. Their forecheck was stronger and they were much more physical. Everyone was taking the body tonight. Overall, it was a solid effort against a team that just doesn't quit. You have to respect a team that works as hard as they do.

BTW, the Craps lost to Montreal tonight, so their streak is over. The Pens' record streak lives on.
Thank God..living near MD means not only do I catch crap from Ravens fans but I also get the damn Caps fans on my case
Old 02-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #10352
WH

Member Number:

XT, Don't forget about Henrik Lundqvist getting sent home couresy of the flightless birds as well.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #10353
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
It's amazing how different the Pens look with Kunitz in the lineup. Their forecheck was stronger and they were much more physical. Everyone was taking the body tonight. Overall, it was a solid effort against a team that just doesn't quit. You have to respect a team that works as hard as they do.

BTW, the Craps lost to Montreal tonight, so their streak is over. The Pens' record streak lives on.
I love having Kunitz back in the lineup! I was happy to see him get those 2 goals, but he is definitely a physical presence on the ice - one we've sorely missed. I hope the Pens continue to play the physical style of hockey they displayed tonight.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 02-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #10354
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:

Let's not forget the Pens winning streak was accomplished before the era of the shootout.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #10355
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
XT, Don't forget about Henrik Lundqvist getting sent home couresy of the flightless birds as well.
That's right, forgot about that one. They've been kicking his ass for the better part of 2 seasons to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I love having Kunitz back in the lineup! I was happy to see him get those 2 goals, but he is definitely a physical presence on the ice - one we've sorely missed. I hope the Pens continue to play the physical style of hockey they displayed tonight.
I don't think fans really appreciated everything Kunitz brings to the table - all they focused on was his lack of scoring. But he plays balls to the wall every game, and his forechecking and hitting opens up some room for Sid and Billy. They've definitely missed that element over the past 6 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Let's not forget the Pens winning streak was accomplished before the era of the shootout.
That's true, though the Caps won just one game in a shootout during that streak, and that was the first one.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #10356
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Yes Agreed XT the fans never really appreciate him as much as he deserves and I hope after last night and the game before they are realizing what he means to the offense and physicality. Fans criticize him for not scoring goals, but he is so much more than that. The team struggle with being physical when he was gone and he returns and it shows right away! Now that he is scoring goals it makes a huge difference and the team will only improve as he stays healthy!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #10357
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:

I don't think fans really appreciated everything Kunitz brings to the table - all they focused on was his lack of scoring. But he plays balls to the wall every game, and his forechecking and hitting opens up some room for Sid and Billy. They've definitely missed that element over the past 6 weeks.
Exactly. My fiance and I had this discussion yesterday when I brought up the trade deadline and who might go, and he mentioned Kunitz because of his lack of scoring. I just looked at him like he was nuts (cause he is concerning this lol). There's no way that Shero gets rid of physical forwards like Kunitz or Adams or Rupp just because they don't score like Malkin or Crosby. There's so much more to their game. Now Tank might be a forward who gets traded for a better scoring winger...but never Kunitz.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #10358
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Quote:
Pittsburgh Penguins
The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired defenseman Steve Wagner from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for Nate Guenin, it was announced by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

Wagner, who will be reporting to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League, spent the last three-plus seasons in the St. Louis organization after signing as a free agent in 2007. He has appeared in 46 career NHL games for the Blues, posting four goals and 12 points.

Wagner, 25, has played extensively in Peoria of the AHL – St. Louis’ top minor-league affiliate. In 130 games with the Rivermen, the Grand Rapids, Minnesota native has compiled 15 goals, 37 assists and 52 points.

Wagner (6-foot-1, 200 pounds) played three collegiate seasons at Minnesota State – Mankato from 2004-07. In 113 contests as a Maverick, he posted 12 goals and 55 points.

Wagner also played with Tri-City of the United States Hockey League for two seasons. He helped the Storm capture the Anderson Cup (league regular-season championship) and finish second in the Clark Cup (postseason championship) in 2004.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #10359
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Eh, minor league deal. Nothing to see here...
Old 02-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #10360
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Just got done listening to Pompeani's interview with Ray Shero and he said there is a 50/50 chance there will be a trade coming up but didn't specify who or whether he will wait until the March 3rd deadline. He DID say, however, that he really wants to keep the group together who won the Cup to give them a chance to win another and also stated that he isn't going to base any trades on those players in the last years of their contracts who they haven't signed as of yet (I assume he means Serg here). After the interview, Pompeani stated that he feels the Pens will work a deal with Gonchar and that, as we already knew, the issue is NOT money, but the length of the contract. Gawd - I'm praying they can come to a deal soon so my fingernails get a break.

The Anti-Wahoo
Closed Thread