Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #10461
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Yes. The deal hasn't been finalized, but it looks like they've traded Luca Caputi and a pick to the Leafs for Ponikarovsky.
Though I hate losing Luca as I thought he looked very impressive during his short stint up from the farm, I'd be happy to get Ponikarovsky.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #10462
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Though I hate losing Luca as I thought he looked very impressive during his short stint up from the farm, I'd be happy to get Ponikarovsky.
Actually, there's no pick involved - it's just Caputi straight up for Ponikarovsky, according to TSN's Bob McKenzie's Twitter page. I personally do not like the trade, unless Poni re-signs and Shero spends his 1st rounder on a winger. That's too much to give up for what could very well be a rental player.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #10463
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Actually, there's no pick involved - it's just Caputi straight up for Ponikarovsky, according to TSN's Bob McKenzie's Twitter page. I personally do not like the trade, unless Poni re-signs and Shero spends his 1st rounder on a winger. That's too much to give up for what could very well be a rental player.
I have to agree to an extent and I guess we really won't know for sure what Shero is going to do until the announcement is officially made.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #10464
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Quote:
Oh come once he plays here, he will want to stay. Shero will get him to signed. What could possibly hossa .... opps I mean happen. (damn typos).

Old 03-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #10465
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Oh come once he plays here, he will want to stay. Shero will get him to signed. What could possibly hossa .... opps I mean happen. (damn typos).

I still can't stand that asshat.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #10466
HometownGal
Living Legend

Damn - Kunitz almost got a clear shot there but was tripped up but hey - we're getting a PP out of it.

Will my Serg get his 2nd goal of the night?

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #10467
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Question for HTG and XT? Do you think this article is accurate.? If it is then I don't really have that big of a problem with fans giving a little good-natured booing to the replay of the goal, as opposed to booing Sid when he was introduced which is asinine.

Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- Buffalo Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller received a standing ovation in Pittsburgh on Tuesday night for leading the United States to an Olympic silver medal -- cheers louder than those given the Penguins' own Sidney Crosby.

Crosby beat Miller to score the game-winning goal in overtime Sunday as Canada defeated the United States 3-2 for the gold medal. Despite being on the losing team, Miller was chosen as the tournament MVP.

Olympians for both teams were introduced before the game, with Miller receiving the loudest and most sustained ovation. Crosby also received a standing ovation, but it was less enthusiastic than Miller's despite his vast popularity in Pittsburgh.

There was a mixed reaction when a replay of Crosby's game-winning goal was shown on the Mellon Arena scoreboard, with some cheering but also noticeable booing.

Miller sat out Tuesday after playing all six games for the Americans in Vancouver. Crosby was in the Penguins' lineup and assisted on the first goal, by Sergei Gonchar on a power play at 14:58 of the first period.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4960646
Old 03-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #10468
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Yes. The deal hasn't been finalized, but it looks like they've traded Luca Caputi and a pick to the Leafs for Ponikarovsky.
Actually - other than the fact that Ponikarovsky is a pretty good wing and I think he'd be an asset to the Pens, he's smokin'! You know how I like those Ukes/Russians.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #10469
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Question for HTG and XT? Do you think this article is accurate.? If it is then I don't really have that big of a problem with fans giving a little good-natured booing to the replay of the goal, as opposed to booing Sid when he was introduced which is asinine.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4960646
That article is spot-on - I heard the boos myself and as I posted earlier, found it totally disgusting and classless. I was happy, though, that the fans at least gave some nice kudos to Miller - he really deserved it.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #10470
HometownGal
Living Legend

WOO HOOOO!!!! Look at Rupp beating the living tar out of Gaustad. Looks like Gaustad hurt his hand trying to land one on Rupp.

The Anti-Wahoo
Closed Thread