Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #10471
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
That article is spot-on - I heard the boos myself and as I posted earlier, found it totally disgusting and classless. I was happy, though, that the fans at least gave some nice kudos to Miller - he really deserved it.
I am starting to like Miller even more (although once he gets back in goal I will hate him during games). If you look at his reaction, he seemed genuinely surprised. He was so disappointed by the loss, and seems to be so down to earth generally, that I don't think he realizes how much respect he has earned with American hockey fans.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #10472
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
I am starting to like Miller even more (although once he gets back in goal I will hate him during games). If you look at his reaction, he seemed genuinely surprised. He was so disappointed by the loss, and seems to be so down to earth generally, that I don't think he realizes how much respect he has earned with American hockey fans.
I totally agree. Miller seems like a genuinely good guy and is one helluva netminder. I dread playing the Sabes because of him.

I've always respected the kid but even moreso after he represented us so outstandingly in the Olympics.

TANK SCORES TO MAKE IT 3-1 PENS!

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #10473
HometownGal
Living Legend

Sabes are going to get the goal here. It is obvious it hit the back bar and was in.

C'mon boyz - gotta hold on here.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #10474
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Here is the story XT referenced earlier:
Quote:
Sources tell TSN a deal is in place for forward Alexei Ponikarovsky to be traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins for prospect Luca Caputi but at this point, Pittsburgh has to move a contract for salary cap reasons first.

Sources say the deal may be completed on Tuesday night. Ponikarovsky was kept out of the line-up as a healthy scratch for Toronto's home game against the Carolina Hurricanes.

Ponikarovsky will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season and is earning $2.5 million this year. The 29-year old native of Kiev, Ukraine, has 19 goals and 22 assists in 61 games this season and is on pace to eclipse his career-high 23 goals set in 2008-09.

Drafted by the Maple Leafs in the 4th round (87th overall) in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft, Ponikarovsky has 114 goals, 143 assists and a plus-56 rating in 477 games with the blue and white.

Caputi, 21, is a Toronto native and was drafted by the Penguins in the fourth round of the 2007 draft. He has one goal and one assist in four games with Pittsburgh this season. The 6'2", 184 pound left winger has 23 goals and 24 assists in 54 games for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the AHL.
:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312141

I wonder whose contract we will move for cap reasons? That always makes me nervous. If he is only making 2.5 this season maybe signing him long-term won't be quite as hard? I guess this is a line-mate for Geno?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #10475
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

holy crap

the puck lands an inch above the crossbar on top of the net - Pens win!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #10476
HometownGal
Living Legend

Looks like we're getting Ponikarovsky - waiting to get the official word.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #10477
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Here is the story XT referenced earlier:
:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312141

I wonder whose contract we will move for cap reasons? That always makes me nervous. If he is only making 2.5 this season maybe signing him long-term won't be quite as hard? I guess this is a line-mate for Geno?
The trade is in the league office, and it is Caputi and Skoula to the Leafs for Ponikarovsky - no draft picks involved. So there's your answer - the Leafs taking Skoula off our hands frees up the cap room for Poni's contract. I'm still not liking giving up Caputi, but thanks Mr. Burke for taking that waste of a uniform off our hands.

Here's a link - I know it's Twitter, but McKenzie is more than credible: http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/9905179019
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #10478
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Actually - other than the fact that Ponikarovsky is a pretty good wing and I think he'd be an asset to the Pens, he's smokin'! You know how I like those Ukes/Russians.

Yeah, I figured you'd like him!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #10479
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Well this is crazy. I found this article when searching for news about the trade.
Quote:
Alert one of the many Royal Canadian Mounted Police, real and otherwise, at the closing ceremonies of the Olympics.

Sidney Crosby's gear has gone missing.

The man who scored Canada's Golden Goal to win Olympic gold in Vancouver returned home without the stick and gloves he used to score them. Maybe his helmet, too, although we're not quite sure on that just yet.

The good news is he did get his mouthguard back.

As soon as Crosby scored the game-winning goal in overtime, Crosby's helmet, gloves, stick and mouthguard all ended up on the ice at the national celebration began. Actually, one of this gloves ended up in the end zone mesh netting above the glass.

When all was said and done, and the yard sale was cleaned up, it was believed both of Crosby's gloves, including the one in the mesh, were put in a bin in the Team Canada dressing room area, as well as his stick.

But somewhere, sometime, between then and when Crosby left, the gloves and stick were nowhere to be found.

Hockey Canada says they are launching a full investigation to see where the equipment may be.

Crosby's mouthguard was returned to him and there's talk that his helmet made it way back to Pittsburgh, but Crosby is the only one who can confirm that and he's playing right now.
http://tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?id=312137

Me thinks somebody got themselves some souvenirs.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #10480
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Yeah, I figured you'd like him!
Sccchhhhhhmokin!

I think he's going to be a nice fit for the team.

Good luck Luca!

Skoula

The Anti-Wahoo
Closed Thread